cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darling buddies from May - moving on

Re: Darling buddies from May - moving on

Hi, hope you all had a lovely Christmas with time or calls from the family and some nice presents too. I have been pretty busy with the house full for both days and they all staye dfor the entire day, so a lot of food and drink to cook and serve. I have to say peeling potatoes was the very worst part. I managed to do that before they arrived each day, so my own fault for being up early and organised. Today I also visited mum, which was tricky leaving Victor to hold the fort. He was very pleased with himself that nothing went wrong and he amazizngly manage to empty the dishwasher, lay the table and hoover too while I was gone. Maybe he shouldn't have let me know he is capable of doing all this ha ha. He has been looking after me as he knows how bad visits upset me and had lovely flowers delivered too. So he is in the good books. I might not be in the good books as he surprised me with a watch and I am not keen on it at all. You have them for so many years, I had to be honest, its too heavy for me and I will catch it on clothes as its bulkier than I usually have. Mum actually came out with the new problem infront of people today but I think I got away with it as she was not very clear and waffled a lot until she caught sight of me shhhshing her. I would never have got away with it if the girls were there, that's for sure. My visitor returns tomorrow so the cooking extravaganza continues for a bit longer. I had a very busy but lovely 2 days, hope yours were nice too. Love Lily xxxxxxxxx

Community Champion

A very Merry Christmas to all of you. This will probably be the only time in the next few days I get a chance to log on. Hope you all have a lovely time with family and enjoy yourselves. 😊🎅🏻🎄

Nicky xx

Hi all

Did anyone else have a problem last week trying to find our last page?   It kept taking me to page 1 which was the start of this thread.

Anyway, I just want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas, enjoy the festive time with family and friends and don't worry about over doing it.  It's Christmas after all.

Love to all Carole xxx

Hi everyone, I don't know where the days have gone to, its been so busy. I got way behind with pressie buying because I lost the usual weekend time visiting mum, who was transferred almost to the next county??? So a 45 min plus journey each way, depending on traffic and what time you leave. I have been very selfish and have just said I don't feel up to the drive so only go when somebody drives me. Even then my greeting is just , there's washing there for you, you know a hello or smile might be nice one of these days. My brother said she was asking why you haven't been and then he told her about my problem. Argggh I told him very specifically not to tell her as I want to decide when I tell the family and definitely not before Christmas. Now I will visit over Christmas with the girls and have to hope she doesn't mention it!!! If she does it will be even worse as they will all hear right on Christmas. It was my decision and I am annoyed. I have had an exercise programme and it has helped already, so not feeling under pressure to make a decision right this minute. Carole thanks I know what you mean about getting it over with but its not really a problem so it makes me dither. I also met 2 people straight after who randomly told me about their keyhole surgery going wrong, one of whom needs a catheter for life, the other was in intensive care as they cut her bowel open accidentally!! Not very good stories to hear soon after the news. Thanks too Lisa, you are so right, the longer it goes between medical things, the worse I am, when really I should be thankful of the gap in time I have been given. I like being busy so I don't remember about it. It is filed in myhhead as not being this year!

Nicky yes you might need to be Dr Nicky on this one ha ha. I don't feel emotional any more just very scared of the actual surgery and very anxious about having people poking about and staring at my parts! I think I would definitely tell the family if it was a dodgy op but this is like a knee replacement, maintenance of old parts of the body, aged prematurely by pregnancies and side effects of chemo and other treatments. Two of them seem anxious about me already from the stress with mum. I liked your story about having lists Nicky. Do you know they are supposed to be a type of therapy. I know 2 people who were struggling generally with life and both were told to have lists of things they wanted to do and had to do. They were told to keep adding things on the end as they occurred or thought of things they would like to do/see and never get to the end of the list. Have you got all your wrapping done yet? I am nowhere near finished wrapping but all bought and delivered now. Post has been difficult here. I have bought far too much too. I was definitely one of the nuts ones.   Your gs must be growing so fast and its lovely to see as they look so well but I know what you mean about the weight if they want picking up, especially if they aren't very good at clinging on like a koala to help you. So lovely for you to get all this time with him on your own. I love having mine. How did your latest scan go? Have you heard results or will you wait to hear in the new year? Fingers crossed as always xx  . Number 7 is coming along and I think she is waiting for the scan before going public with her lovely news, just in case. Will be thinking of you all at Christmastime and hope you have some lovely hours with the family. Nick will especially think o you this first Christmas without dad as you feel it more at these times. Hope mum is still holding up well. Hugs to all love Lily xxx 

Hi all, I'm so sorry I've not been around just been so busy with work and tired 24/7 house a bomb site and there's only me.

Lily, how are you doing? Please don't bottle it up. Not sure exactly what op you mean but I know when I had to have my ovaries out I blinking sobbed just agreeing to it. Also because not had to have operation for a long time even more upsetting. Hope you manage to have a nice Xmas and remember parents always give the harder time to the one they know can take it more and do more xxx

carole, hope you are feeling better too, how's the weather looking for Xmas over there?

nicky, omg so wished I hadn't logged on tonight, now I have my nightmare song in my head for bed... it's a small small world la la la la la..... I still subject myself to it. I've never been to the Paris one or at Xmas so would love to see if and I bet you had a magical time seeing little faces light up.

well, I'm off to bed and final wrapping and deliveries tomorrow and housework, then Xmas eve with kids for pizza and Mary popping and our local old fashioned cinema rather than the large multiplex in next town, supporting local xxx

night all x

Community Champion

Hi Lily

I hope you are getting your head around the fact that you will need to have an op and that it is the best thing for you to do. Obviously this is going to affect you emotionally as well as physically so take your time. If you feel you need to tell your girls, so you are not bottling it all up over a stressful time like Christmas you should. A problem shared nd all that. However if you’d rather not then that is your choice as well. I know my girls always want me to tell them everything and over the years have hated it when I’ve not shared. Also, if you’re like me you will be writing list after list after list to empty all those thoughts in your head! I have small daily lists at the moment to try and get some clear space in my head and see a way forward. I find writing things down does empty them out a bit and I find I can sleep better. Not that I have too much to do just loads and loads of wrapping and some last minute bits to get, gift cards etc, plus of course planning all the meals which, as head of the kitchen, is also put down to me! YD will help once she’s back (luckily she has the whole Christmas and NY off this year) but she’s not use at the moment as she’s working until this Saturday evening. It’s not the actual Christmas food, that’s all sorted, it’s thinking about meals leading up to then (when the usually quiet shops go absolutely nuts as everyone is buying for what seems is going to be a nuclear attack!). 

So a busy day for me ticking off a few things on my list (well, one of my lists!) after a day of GS sitting both Friday and yesterday. Friday he was a little dreamboy, so cute and not a care in the world, yesterday, not so much! It does exhaust me and because he’s so tall (Dad is 6’ 5”!) he’s the weight and size of a 2-3 year old so is heavy to pick up when he’s at an age he still wants picking up a lot. Absolutely knackered yesterday. Then up early today to get my cuppa and some toast inside me before I have my 4 hours of nothing ahead of my scan later this morning. I so hate the mid morning times I get sometimes as after not eating since your evening meal you then can’t eat before the scan by which time my blood sugar levels have hit the floor! Hence setting the alarm and getting up early (early for me at any rate) to keep hunger at bay. At least it means I have an extra hour or two to get some things done this morning so there is a plus side.

Enough about me, how is everyone doing? All ready for the big day next week? We will have immediate family here, including my Mum but sadly not my Dad ☹️. So we are making it an extra special time for her and she will be staying over for a few nights which they hadn’t usually done as they live fairly close by.  Hope all of you are prepared and looking forward to spending time away from work (Lily and Lisa) and with family (all of us)

Take care, and good luck with No7 Lily.

Nicky x

Hi, thanks girls. I can type about it but as soon as I speak my eyes fill up and then I am completely gone whenever somebody is kind, so just decided to try to bottle it up until after Christmas. Yes its gynae Carole but haven't hit the request button to find out quite how much involved. Just told by gp big op. Left to just decide whether to do something now or wait, so I thought enjoy Christmas first before worrying anyone. I dearly wanted to tell my mum but when I got there she was in a beastly mood and shut her eyes so she couldn't see me and then said I better go. My brother went an hour later and laughed that he had a lovely visit. It hurt. It has happened the other way round so not sure why I am the villain after doing some frankly dodgy washing after the ward was shut down with the usual virus. So no visitors allowed in. Gave me time to relax a bit. My insomnia is insane with so much in my head. At least it gives me extra hours to get stuff done, on the bright side. Yes you are all right I should do this and will. When you teach, you have to put the kids futures ahead of yourself too. Family are fab despite not knowing and its very early days but lucky 7 is on the way, all being well. This was the best news/medicine ever. A lot to be thankful for as always. Just keep kicking me up the backside, I need it. Love to all Lily xx

Highlighted

Hi all. I'm on my phone so can't write much as I can't look back easily.

Nicky it's a small world was a hit with our YD when she was 4 at Paris. We previously went to Florida Disneyland before she was born, and comparing the 2 we preferred Florida. Anyway how lovely to see your first grandchild have a super time with you all. Were you held up with any blocades?

Lily, from what I remember of your post it is going to be a stressful time for you with everything going on. But, as Nicky says you do have to put yourself first sometimes!! I'm guessing (you don't need to answer) that it's a gynae problem so you simply MUST have the op otherwise later on it may impact on your life. Why waste time letting it go by when it can be over and done with sooner?
I think, like some of us you were on tamoxifen and femara? They are known to possibly cause problems. I hope I'm not speaking out of turn 😑. Take care and remember you are important too, like Nicky says.

Enough of me nagging 😶. Will catch up on the laptop. Love to everyone xxx
Community Champion

Oh no, poor you Lily. Yet another problem to deal with and one that you know you have to take but will be trying to do your best for you Mum. For what its worth, and all I have had to go through over the past 10 plus years of having secondary BC, you have to put yourself first and unfortunately you have to be selfish.  If you don't look after yourself and do the right things for YOU, you will of no help to anyone else.  You will have to shift some of the 'carer' responsibility to others who, at this point, may have more time and be in better health to assist. As and when yiou have to have your op you should try to suit your own timescales and 'best' time - although we of course know the NHS isnt able to fit around our own plans or life styles so that may be difficult. I am imagining it will be the usuallong recovery period and you will need to make sure you recover, for your own health and for your girls and grandchildren.  Again, and I may sound harsh about this they are your future so you have to be around for them.  I have had to make the same choices and maybe not spend as much time as I should have with my parents (especially poignant given my Dad died suddenly) but I have focussed my time around my offspring.  Having parents die is the 'normal' order of nature, if I'd neglected myself, which in turn would impact my daughters and their lives I would not like the life I now lead or be in a position to lead it.

Sorry a bit of a lecture but I hope it gives you some support in what will be a difficult time.  Bloody cancer - the disease that keeps on giving, hmmmmm.

On a quick but different note I am home from the land of the Mouse - ie Disneyland Paris. 25 years to the day that we went there first for ED's 5th birthday!  A busy, tiring, cold and wet (well it is in Northern France for heavens sake!) and expensive trip. But it was lovely to spend time together and see our little grandson have his first taste of the parks (I'm sure there will be many more trips if his Mum has anything to do with it).  Although it isnt a good time to go (brrrrrr) it was very magical and completely over-the-top Christmassy. He of course loved 'It's a small world' espcially all the windmills which he has had a fascination with ever since he was about 5 months old and I bought him one and was one of his first words! 'Wer-wer' as he calls them.

Hope everyone ekse is doing OK. Lily, keep on sharing your problems and decisions with us, it is a good place to do it as we all know each other so well after all these years and means we dont have to offload on our immediate family and friends.

Nicky xx

Hi everyone, thank you so much for your messages. I am so thrilled she made it through the op and she was so feisty it made me laugh. Now the long haul of trying to keep everything going and also get to the hospital to visit is kicking in and my brother and I are both shattered. Neither of us can even think about what will happen when she gets out of hospital. So it was with some trepidation that I went to the dr myself and was told I have a problem myself. Great. Just what I needed. Its a kick back to having a giant baby and the concrete effects of epirubicine on the insides, so now my organs and bits are all heading south instead of staying where they should be. Everything is collapsing it seems and most likely i will need an op unless I can stand it/get lucky. Most of the treatments are a no no because of the b c as they involve the hormones that are not my friends. The op has quite a lengthy recovery time including not being able to do everything I have to do for mum. I am struggling not to cry about it, so I haven't told anyone yet, just you. No point making everyone in the family feel worse.I couldn't visit mum tonight because I knew I would cry as soon as I saw her and would want to tell her. Then she would get in a state saying what shall I do and then get depressed she can't help. Hopefully it won't feel so bad in the morning. I don't like to leave on a miserable note, so it is with deep sorrow that I tell you I am no longer able to do trampolining. Ha ha.  Lily x

Nicky i am pleased your mum is managing so well and hope she continues to do well. Sorry you lost your lovely dad xx

Community Champion

Hi ladies

Lily, your poor Mum, and a poor you as you are the main care giver. Breaking a hip at her age is not to be sniffed at and, without causing concern, is a high risk of complications. I can’t remember where I read this, it was many moons ago when OH’s Gran broke her hip, but there’s a particular reason why it is so serious. Sorry if I’m not helping one bit here but just wanted to warn you, although I’m sure you’ll probably already be aware. Extra work and worry for you though wherever she is, whether she’s still in hospital or when she is discharged. Something none of us need. When you have time update us and have a rant if that’s what’s needed.

Carole, yes those new meds can really knock you out! For some reason I tolerate them, and my other heart meds, really well (and I’m on the highest possible doses for all of them!) but I know many people who don’t. Take it easy as I’m sure you will adjust and, if mit, ask about something different to take, it can take a while to get the right heart meds for you without the unnecessary side effects. Bloomin side effects, they have a lot to answer for!

Lisa, how are you my dear? Busy as ever I expect. Let us know how things are - when you have time.

Well, I’m doing Ok at the moment. Mum is doing really well and not so reliant on me, or my brothers, for company which is a huge relief for me as I’m the closest in distance to her so am the one who it’s affected the most (in terms of changes I’ve had to make to my normal life). The funeral was obviously a point of reference (rather than changing anything specifically) but I know Mum was holding back on doing some of her usual things until after it had taken place. She went back to her keep fit class last Friday which she really enjoyed and back to her indoor bowls last night. Both groups are of a similar age to Mum and have proven to be very supportive with lots of messages and offers of help so I’m hoping that she will take up some of these now she has broken the ice by going back to them. For me it is helping a lot as I have been able to get on more with the things I need to do, especially this time of the year when I’m always so busy trying to get all the shopping done and abiding the crowds. I met up with YD in Guildford on Monday as she was down from London visiting some friends so it was nice just to chat and amble along looking at things together which we haven’t done in ages what with her obscene working hours! 

We’re all off on our little hols in a few days which sounds like fun. Luckily the riots might have eased off a bit now Carole as I was a bit worried about blockades at the ports. Fingers crossed it’s an easy journey for us, and as easy for the others coming by train.

Have a good weekend (I know it’s a bit early to wish this) and I’ll report back when I’m next o;.

Nicky xx

Hi all, Lily I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum bringing another worrying time for you.   Your Mum sounds very brave, and I assume by now she has had her hip sorted.   Did they use an epidural or spinal block? Six hours, wow, that doesn't bear thinking about let alone it actually happening.  I do sympathise, having gone through some issues with my Mum recently. Sending you lots of love and good thoughts.  Post updates when you can.

Hope everyone else is ok?   I'm finding the beta blockers which I was put back on last week because of unusual heart rhythm and palpitations are absolutely knocking me out.  Well I assume it is these. I feel so lethargic.

Anyway a bright and sunny day today so took the doggies for a walk. That in itself is hard work as they both pull like anything and I feel like my arm is being wripped off!   I only have to take them a few hundred metres and then let them off lead so they can have a good run.

Love to all xxx

Hi all, just a quick post as up early tomorrow.

nicky glad the funeral went like it did, sounds like a lovely turnout and you family and your mum doing him proud.

carole, ouch sounds painful, hope you get sorted at docs, weight gain is so hard, I'm still trying but coming off very slowly as weekends get in the way

oh lily poor you after everything with your mum sounds like a horrendous wait and what pain for her, she's defo a trouper and take advantage when she's in hospital, however, I know those hospital visiting hour trips takeover your life.

ps. Nicky Disneyland Paris, never been 👍👍

Hi everyone, Nicky I was relieved to hear that you have at last been able to have the funeral for your dad, such a long time to wait. Hopefully as you say it will help family, especially your mum move forward slowly as she feels able. Hopefully it will also start to bring a little more normality back to your routines and ease her dependence on you. I always said I lost both of them when I lost my dad, as my relationship with my mum just turned around in a different direction. Speaking of which she has had a bad accident and is in hospital so I am pretty much living at the hospital whenever visiting time. It was a very traumatic day and she was incredibly brave as she broke her hip which left her leg at a bizarre angle and unable to move it, just disconnected completely. We sat on the floor for 6 hours until the blue light ambulance arrived. How long did everyone else wait that day?  No help came despite my pleas. Very difficult situation as operation vital to save her leg but her health means must never have an anaesthetic. So worrying day as they said she was very high risk of bleeding out but they had no choice. Stroke risk is still very high as she cannot be on her usual cocktail of medicines to keep her from clotting and will be for some time but hoping for the best. No idea what life the other side of this will be like, when she gets sent home but they won't let her out for weeks they say. I feel like we slid back to the bottom again and she will lose all the independence we fought for (for her and us!) . Not sure whether to prepare myself or be optimistic really, so making the most of good spells if they come along. She's a trooper so fingers crossed will fight back again and then get home. A bit of a long journey ahead.  Sorry haven't replied to everything but just wanted you to know why I am struggling to get on here sometimes xx

Hi all, how lovely to have posts from all of us, it's been quite a while but life does seem to get in the way of general chit chat on here Smiley LOL

Nicky from my experience the time in between the death of a loved one and the funeral is such a busy time that it seems to keep your mind off thinking about things.   My Dad died 13 years ago, quietly and peacefully (we like to believe) in his sleep.  It was a shock, like yours as so unexpected, although my Dad was 82.   I went across to help Mum who couldn't really cope with anything, so I stayed with her until after the funeral. It was very strange sleeping in the same bed.   So you will probably find that now, you might hear a tune or see something that will bring back memories of your Dad. With me it was anything to do with Glenn Millar as he was a fan. (She says as wiping away a tear).  Good plan for the scan results.

Lily, I'm so sorry you have had 2 losses so quickly together. What with that and stresses of work, you are no doubt a bit run down. Maybe some Echinacea and vitamin C will help shift it in time for Christmas.

Lisa you are so busy it's the same for you, stress is usually one of the things (they say) that causes a cold sore.   Luckily I've never had one but Mr P gets them, particularly when he is under a bit of pressure.   Perhaps a few hot toddies and some early nights might help? Hope your Mum picks up soon.

Our long trip with the dogs was a nightmare.  The dogs were pretty good considering although we had to make frequent stops so along with the stopping of the blockades, we stopped for the dogs.   All the while the car was moving they slept, but the minute the movement stopped because of a blockade they were excited thinking they were going for a walk.

Visiting Mum was nice, she is definitely in a much nicer nursing home now.  All the staff were very friendly, very fascinated that we had travelled from France.   Conversation with Mum is very repetitive, but to be expected I suppose.  She still isn't eating much, and has been warned that if she keeps losing weight they will admit her to hospital for tube feeding.   It doesn't matter how much we offer her things to eat, she just doesn't want to.   I said she is starving herself and will die, hoping to be brutally honest.   She'll forget I said it though.   So, still moaning about anything and everything but at least me and my siblings know she is being looked after now.

Seeing all the grandchildren was lovely, little GD is so cute and always smiling.   It's going to be hard work for her parents when the new little one arrives in January.   We did quite a bit of food shopping, as always things you can't get here.   We also did some Christmas shopping for the children/grand children. I had such bad feet swelling, and after taking a water tablet the day we went shopping, I couldn't keep out of the toilet. On the return journey they swelled even more so for 4 days I could only get my feet in slip on sandals!

I'm seeing the GP tomorrow as I think I either have an ear infection or a build up of wax because inside my ear is itchy and painful.  I recently had a blood test too and some of the results aren't normal but I don't know if any of this is to do with the steroid injection I had nearly 5 weeks ago.   I've put on 4 kilos in weight. I had to increase my insulin a lot to cope with the high levels so that wouldn't help the weight.   

I'm trying to follow a Low Carb diet, which is the new trend but this week I've kept carbs down to about 80 grammes a day and I have noticed such an improvement in blood sugars, although disappointed no weight loss yet Smiley Frustrated

Mr P is away for the next week and then all being well (you never know with his job) he should be home until after Christmas.

Time for my low carb lunch now, take care all and keep warm in Storm Diana xxxx

PS for Nicky :  the blockades are continuing indefinitely, particularly around the big Cities like Paris, Bordeaux, Le Mans, Toulouse etc. so allow extra time for travel.   There is a website that displays where they intending to block, but to be honest it is very hit and miss. Now the National Front have joined in too so things are starting to get messy!   Take care xx

Community Champion

Hi ladies

Firstly I’m sorry to hear of your recent losses Lily, as you know I’m only too aware (at the moment) of hhow much organising needs to be done even if you weren’t personally in the thick of it. All of that stress can bring you down so it’s no wonder your cold is hanging on and seems to be one of those ones we all seem to get that turns into a nasty couch that hangs on. I’ve had a couple of those over the years, currently dosing up with Vit C each night as a part protection.

carole, what a nightmare journey. Unfortunately when you have set your dates you can’t change them or do anything about it can you? And having been near your part of the world this summer I know how long it takes on a good day let alone when there’s difficulties. I guess you won’t be venturing north for a while! 

Lisa, you are always busy busy busy! Good for you when it comes to holidays but maybe not so good if it’s work. How is it going these days after the big shake up? I hope the dust has settled and you are feeling valued again and even enjoying it? At least you have a Christmas break to look forward to with a few days off work.

Well, my update. At long last we did have Dads funeral, it was a cremation so no church service as he wasn’t a churchgoer (and these days you need to be to even get a look in at having a service! Understandably). It was held on Friday and had about 89 people there which was a wonderful turnout for someone who has lived a long life. Lots of family from Up North, friends and ex work colleagues. It showed what a popular and well loved man we all knew him as. It was a lovely service and a gathering afterwards with a more relaxed day at ours on Saturday for the immediate family before they all headed home. Mum is doing well and coping very well which means I’m not there quite so often now and when I am it’s to see her and do things with her rather than loads of ‘admin’. We are working out how much support she needs in terms of us visiting her and her staying here occasionally plus she will stay at my brothers’ sometimes. The funeral was a big hurdle to get over and luckily wasn’t as emotionally draining as she, and we, had all thought, I guess the long time in between his death and the service gave us time to adjust more. It was a point though that Mum wants to get to, and past, so she cannot have that hanging over her and can plan to move on, something I know she wasn’t really able to do before it took place.

Other than all of this going on I’m keeping busy (busier?) with Christmas shopping plus occasional childminding duties and the monthly (hooray, they are only monthly) visit is to hospital for treatment. A scan coming up before Christmas and results put off (by me) until after. Yes, Lily we do have a birthday to celebrate and my eldest, still being a little girl, has insisted we all go to Disneyland Paris for the weekend. So a short trip over there soon - let’s hope the ports aren’t blockaded again like they were for Carole.

Nicky x

Hi all, manic time of year for us all hence it being quiet on here. First of all Nicky, how are you coping, really hope you've had a funeral and celebrated your dads life xx

carole what an awful journey, hope the feet go down soon and the wee dogs are okay. How was your mum and family ? X

lily, how awful what a bad time you've had and that's why you can't shift your cough I always get it this time of year, avoided it with just a short burst but my poor Mam has been coughing for over 2 weeks and I've come out in a cold sore.

well work seems to get busier the next few weeks but trying to spend a bit more time posting on here as I've not been posting enough recently xxxx

off for early night xx

Hi Ladies, sorry I have not been online for a while. It just got a bit manic at work and I had a really annoying cold with a high temperature and its left a cough I can't shake off. Very annoying. Its probably because I was busy at work and also we lost a relative and had a funeral to travel to, as well as trying to support a difficult situation following the death. I was pleased to be a shoulder someone can rely on it but I always carry some of the sadness away with me. A lot of relatives flew in for it, which meant really quite a lot of hard work to make everything go as smoothly as they wanted. It didn't help that I was terribly car sick both journeys and arrived green as green. We have gone straight into another loss this week of a very dear family friend who I cannot ever remember not having in my life. I guess no wonder I can't shake the cold off, hopefully this week it will go. I have another close relative in hospital not expected to do well, we can hope they are wrong. None are my very nearest so that is something to be thankful for. At least Christmas is on its way and I love this time of year. Pressies are piling up every day but still several important birthdays to do before then as well so an expensve time of year as usual. I think you have family birthdays around this time too Nicky?

Lisa how lovely to go to Tenerife, what was the temperature like? Sorry to hear you are unwell. Did you pick it up on the flight? Hope you don't have that cough that plagues you every year. Get well soon. Yes I am watching jungle, a good series but I watch it on record as it annoys me how long it goes on for, so I can fast forward.

Carole that journey sounds horrendous and how on earth did you manage with the dogs in there too?  A bad end to a nice trip to visit everyone. How were the family? Did you buy many things while over here, ready for Christmas? 

Nicky, most of all I am so sorry I havent been on to ask how you are. I really hope you have had the funeral now and that you were all able to celebrate a lovely dad and husband's life at last. How are things with mum now? Love Lily xx

Hi buddies

Just a quick post, as on Sunday returned from a whirlwind visit to see Mum in London, and children/g children in Hampshire plus do a quick bit of Christmas shopping.   We left on Tuesday and came back on the overnight ferry Friday night ...... big mistake!    The whole of France were having demonstrations and blocades, so what should have been a 7 hour drive (with a couple of stops) turned into a 16 hour drive!   Not impressed, Mr P was so tired from the driving but just wanted to press on to get us home.  We had the two dogs in the car also so I can honestly say the journey home was horrendous.   My feet and ankles are very puffy owing to sitting for so long, so gradually hoping to get back to normal.   The last time I was swollen like this was during chemo days Smiley Frustrated.

Nicky hope you are coming to terms with your Dad's passing, Lily how are you?  Busy with Christmas things at school?   Lisa, hope you had a superb holiday in Tenerife.   Good job you managed to escape the hotel/house collapsing?

I've got a pile of ironing to do so better dash off.   Love to all xxxx

Hi all, I'm around just recovering from Tenerife and brought a sore throats back, well we all did so that plus work means I've been shattered. Glad you've been shopping Nicky, and wow that's a long time to wait as it's a big hurdle xx lily I've joined the lurgy gang x Carole how's things?

will do a proper catch up tomorrow, jungle ...are you watching Lily?!