Community Champion

Re: Darling buddies from May - moving on

Hey Lisa, hope you had fun (I'm sure you'll only read this once you're home and recovering!!!) and that the weather was OK, it's been a bit iffy over the last few weeks as I've had friends holidaying in Majorca. Tell us all about it!

Well, Lily, I've decided to be a glamorous Grandma ha ha. ED kept asking me, for 9 months, what I wanted to be and I couldn't make up my mind as we do still have both sets of parents who still have their own names which I couldn't use. So Nanna was already being used and I joked with my Mum that I'd have to kil her if I wanted to use it. Our families have never used Grandma, always Nanny so I thought I'd go for something ironic  which also has no particular link or memories (of old grey haired biddies) so 'Grandma' I shall be unless he wants to call me something completely different of course. Funnily enough some other friends, one already a grandma, and one soon to be, have chosen that name so we can all be glamorous grandmas together.

Hhow are things with your DIL, Carole? Recovering well I hope. Having had a C section with ED I know what it's like with the recovery. The main thing is to remember it's a major operation and not to underestimate the stress this puts on it. And baby, how is she? Our little boy is doing very well, putting on weight and feeding and sleeping well. I luckily get to see him quite frequently as ED is just down the road so we went out for a nice walk the other afternoon, making the most of it whilst the weather is still OK.

Well, I had my last (I think) eribulin yesterday, all went well and no repeat of the nausea from the first part of the dose last week. I say that I think it's the last because I am meant to be changing treatments but, as you know by now, things don't always go to plan with me! Anyway a CT next week then results a week or so after which I'm quite happy to wait for, especially as we've planned another holiday in between the two. This is our delayed holiday waiting for little baby to arrive as we usually go away once the school holidays are over and the weather is still nice in Europe. So off to northern Spain next week for a bit of travelling around and some wine tasting in Rioja which should be good. After that I expect to get another referral back to The Marsden to see what they have in store and if I fit the criteria for one of their trials, which I am hoping I will.

Workmen in again today to fit the flooring for our newly enlarged ensuite so eventually we will get to use it fully and then almost done, just a few finishing touches needed such as cupboards and shelving but were coping at the moment with free standing units we already had. Can't wait to say goodbye to all the workmen who've been here during this year but at least we've now got things as we want them.

Nicky xx

Ta, off at 5am lol... took Mam for wee meal out tonight so better get to bed as pick up at 4.30am so won't sleep lol. 

See younall all next week when I'm exhausted from 8 girls in Spain escapades xxxx

Hi everyone, hope you are all ok. Lisa I am really pleased to hear that your holiday is ok. So disappointing for people and I bet its wrecked some honeymoons and weddings too for some people. Hope you and the girls have a lovely time, of course you will! Good news about mum picking up.

So Nicky and Carole are you nans, nannas, nannys, grans or grandmas? I think it all depends what you called your own grandparents as people don't like to share their name, otherwise you have to hang another name on the end to know which one you are. I never had a nanna so i picked that. Also because my first one could say that easily from an early age. Our very eldest relatives were gran and nanny, so I guess that was the other reason as they were all stiull alive and called that by everyone. Such fun Smiley Happy

Thanks mum seems much better apart from acid reflux which is causing her problems as switched her tablets and given vitiman d and calcium toobut not sure how long for.

yep holiday is causing me stress lol and will need another holiday lol. Luckily Ryan air just announced full list of cancellations so I can breathe at last lol

oh dream boys get you Lily xx

Hi well that's better news, mum out of hospital and both babies and mums healthy and doing well. You are making wish I had a baby to cuddle and I already have 6 little people to cuddle, well little chap has size 7 feet and is taller than me now so maybe not so little. he is a big cuddler though which I love. Oh it is chilly for September isn't it? I have my heating on so it just kicks in whenever the house cools down and let the shower run for ages before I venture in!1 No idea how I will cope with winter this year. I am supposed to feel hot all the time at my age but instead I feel cold so I am battling people in the office who want air con on. Do any of you feel very warm? Just wondering if the chemo forcing menopause means I am now experiencing the chilly 60s earlier than usual ha ha. Lisa I hope you have a lovely holiday. It sounds like the type you need a holiday afterwards to recover from! Have fun. I am looking forward to the George Michael tribute concert with work, hope he is good. Also booked for the dream boys. That should be amusing! Well better buzz off. Lily xx

Hi all, congrats carole, seen pics on Facebook so happy for you.

hope everyone having a nice weekend.

mum is out of hospital and loads better thank god, was pretty scary, she's worrying a lot but doing well just acid reflux playing up so she's worrying what it may be, now you can see where I get it from.

well on countdown , girly break on Thursday for 4 nights all inclusive just to chill and talk and laugh with girls, only issue is going with Ryan air so on edge of seat to see what happens eek

night xx loving my Saturday night X factor fix 😍 

Whoopee, over the moon.   I've seen photos of little baby and she is adorable.   There was a problem during labour, she was 8 cm dilated and it didn't progress, plus Mum and baby were becoming distressed, so they put an epidural in, which improved the stress but baby was going into the wrong position.    Hence the C Section. Having had 3 I empathise, but at least it resulted in a healthy baby and a very happy mum and dad.

Tickets are booked!   Going over in 2  weeks time when DIL's Mum has had her couple of weeks.   Can't wait for cuddles.

Thanks for your good wishes everyone

Happy weekend all xxxx

Community Champion

Congratulations New Granny No 2 👵🏻 What a lovely name. Sounds like the labour didn't go to plan and was quite an exhausting day for them both but the main thing is that mother and baby are well. I must admit the later it got with EDs labour I thought she would end up with a c section. Having also had a major infection 'downstairs' she's saying she would want one next time! A speedy recovery for Mum and hope you get to meet your new granddaughter very soon.

Nicky xx

Congratulations Carole and it wasn't long to wait after Nicky's little one arrived. Such lovely times for you both. I love the name Sofia, very sweet. Was it a planned C section or did she have problems. You haven't mentioned anything so I am assuming and hoping that everything is fine healthwise. Book that ticket now! Congratulations love Lily x

Sofia Cecilia Mirka arrived by c section at 19.20 this evening weighing 7lbs 2oz. Mum and baby are both well DIL over the moon son is beguiled by his new daughter.

Happy for them and can't wait to have hugs in a couple of weeks

Xxxx

Sofia Cecilia Mirka arrived by c section at 19.20 this evening weighing 7lbs 2oz. Mum and baby are both well DIL over the moon sob is beguiled by his new daughter.

Happy for them and can't wait to have hugs in a couple of weeks

Xxxx

Lisa I hope your Mum is continuing to recover, sounds like an awful virus to wipe her out like that. Hope your leg and your eye is better.

Nicky also hoping your eye has improved and you are enjoying lots of cuddles with GS.

I'm on tenterhooks, DIL went into hospital yesterday morning early after having a show and pains all night. However her contractions weren't regular so they sent her home.   I had a message from our son just after midnight to say he was taking her back to hospital as contractions were regular.   By 9 am her waters had broke and she was 4 cm dilated, however, during the morning both her and baby were becoming distressed. So the last I heard was that they were going to give an epidural to help.   Not sure how that will help apart from relieving some of the pain, perhaps DIL is stressing too much. It's so hard not being there Smiley Sad

So no news yet other than that.

xxx

Hi, well I need to send get well wishes to everyone! Lisa so sorry to hear about your mum, sounds very scary so good to hear she is on the mend.  Nicky hope your eye continues to improve a bit quicker. That drip down the side of the eye used to bug me as it sometimes got sore. You could be right about the grit and lack of lashes. Hope the nausea was coincidental but probably wouldn't hurt to take a small anti sickness dose on the last one. Could be psychologiical but could be a build up on the later doses. Sorry also to hear ed had some infection worries but happily sound slike she is bouncing back now and can show him off to everyone now. I do hope you are preparing for another sack this Christmas. Great fun buying baby things. I hope you are ok Carole. I am scare dto ask as we seem to have hit a poorly patch. Love Lily xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Ahhh Lisa, bless both you and Mam. How frightening that she was that poorly but it sounds like the Drs were on the ball and got her hooked up to everything she needed. Wishing her a speedy recovery and she's not in hospital for too long. I think one type of tablet that she may have been on, a diuretic, can cause low potassium levels, mainly because  you pee so much it can deplete them. Given that she had a really bad stomach bug as well it wouldn't be surprising that lots of levels that we don't even think about got so low. Hope you are recovering from your fall and it was only your pride that was damaged 😉

Well, last but one infusion yesterday and for the first time I felt a bit nauseous afterwards. Normally I feel absolutely fine, take no anti sickness and just carry on as normal but defitely felt a bit grotty yesterday. I actually think it's a reaction by me going into hospital and thinking I will be nauseous if if have chemo - all in the mind rather than anything particular causing it. One thing I have come to hate is the smell of the conditioner they use before putting on the cold cap - they do this once the hair has been wetted as it helps release the cold cap at the end and you don't have lots of hair frozen to the inside! I took my own last time to get away from theirs, which would normally smell absolutely fine but to me I'm associating it too much with chemo. Oh well, only one to go and I'll remember to take my own again as I forgot it yesterday. I also had a scare this week on Sunday night. My right eye was very sore in the night, I needed to rub it a lot and even take painkillers as it was so sore. Anyway, come Monday morning my vision was really blurred and I immediately started thinking, Oh no, brain mets. I know my eye was sore but know way too much about what can and cannot happen with SBC so was not a happy bunny. Not much better by Tuesday morning when I had hoped it would've  have improved. Anyway I was seeing my onc that morning and he was very reassuring about it being an infection at which put my mind at rest, and funnily enough on the drive home my vision was so much better! I think I may have got a bit of grit in it, especially as I have no eye lashes to protect my eye, and rubbed it so it scratched the eye a bit. It is definitely getting better but not 100% at the mo. Add to that the constant watery eyes it really doesn't help with seeing things clearly!

Yes, I have been seein GS quite a bit but don't need to be there all the time to help ED as her husband is off for about 3 weeks and it's good for them to be themselves and their own unit. eD had a bad time with a severe infection with her stitches but is now on the mend on antibiotics and painkillers. She was so bad she couldn't even sit down to feed or hold her new baby so her OH was doing all the feeds and nappy changes. She is feeling much better and enjoying being a new Mum now and because they had to go to her GPs a couple of days on the trot they have got out of the house and realise there is life outside ha ha. She is popping over today to show him off to her grandparents who are now Great grandparents which will be nice. Rather than ha have them all at their small house it's  easier they all come here so I will be able to have a cuddle with him again. After a couple of days and nights not settling he seems to have got into his routine - sleep, feed, nappy change, sleep repeat. Very contented little fellow and, although we all say it, a very beautiful baby boy, ah.

Hooe your son and DIL don't have to wait too long Carole, I think the due date must be quite soon.

Nicky x

Hi all, weather been very strange here, one minute sunny next minute torrential rain.

ha lily I meant travel insurance. Wow got a great deal, all medical conditions
covered and £68 for annual policy including USA 😁😁😁. Believe it or not lily the shoes were Louise and from clarks and love them.

well, had awful 48 hrs but hopefully coming out of the other side. Mam has had a viral bug for about 3 weeks. Started with sickness and major toilet issues  bless her, she was wiped out for a week. Few days okay then back again and she's just felt generally crap and her acid reflux playing up. She rang me at 1am as had palpitations and whnnshuts her eyes everything jerked and tremorred. Ended up taking her to a and e where we stayed till 9pm before being moved to coronary care bless her. Looks like her potassium, magnesium and calcium levels had all dropped seriously low, she was on oxygen, drips in both arms to get nutrient back in, cathatar in and about 10 lots of bloods and said serious. Had me worried as kept asking about cancer history and her brother sister and aunt died of itbut ask you about everything. Today's been a new day tonight she looks loads better, and on a normal ward. Consultant thinks it was the trots as it was really bad and she wasn't eating or drinking so wiped her body of nutrients and mixed with one of her tablets which has rare side effect of wiping potassium out, even though been on it for 10 years, so after lots of IVs levelsmall back up and she's back on her feet, so I'm hoping for some sleep tonight.

night xx

Hi everyone, ha ha I loved the emotional tag and thought it was a cool feature i didn't even know we had. I must use it myself when the moment arrives. Carole its chilly her too but hoping the sun will be back and its not autumn already. It must be exciting waiting to hear about your new little GD. I hope she arrives on her own and doesn't need some help, so much nicer than the induction walk into the hospital. Having had a big family I found mine were all different and didn't follow a pattern really. I am curious to hear her name now.

Lisa how embarassing and painful to fall over. I hope it wan't terribly painful and throw those rotten shoes away now in case you break a bone next time. What was the insurance policy comment about? I wasn't sure. Only about a week until your holiday now so I bet you are busy trying to get evrything up to date at work before you go. Spa day was a lovely treat. We are up in London in a big spa hotel for Eds hen do in a few months and a night out in a club and lots of food and fun. Very excited about it. Before then I am seeing the dreamboys and I will be the oldest person there I am sure so will be very careful not to be anywhere near the end of the aisle to be safe. The girls got the tickets and one of them booked the front arggggh. Might not take my glasses so the view is a little blurred ha ha. Then next week going to a George Michael tribute concert and very excited about that too. Going with work so should be fun.

Nicky I bet you are popping around to help with that little chap as often as you can. Which side of the family does he take after? Hope he is settling a little. What a lovely thing to take your mind of appointments. Love to all Lily xx

Welcome back Lisa, sorry about your leg and hope it doesn't affect you on your break.  I have no idea what happened with my  emotional tag, hit the wrong button I think instead of a smiley Cat Surprised

All for now xxx

Hi all, quick catch up before I bash on and aim to get earliest night, sorry for absence, work is sooo busy and have som Night time meetings and been on a course, ha fell in front of boss and leg black and blue just before my hols typical, ha weather was terrible and my wedges slipped on silver circles that were indicating the dropped kerb, happened twice at both sets of traffic lights, needless to say those won't be in my holiday case. Mam not feeling great with awful acid reflux well she hopes it is and had a bug so been at there's a bit, nieces birthday and sorting out for girls holiday... phew so finally logged on before off to bathe my still weird eye..... and what a time to log on....

Nicky , amazing news the name is lovely really cute and hope you've had a lovely day spoiling him if you managed to help out today. Hope treatment still going well.

carole, oh how long till your new arrival.? Oh and what happened with your post, says wanting emotional at the bottom.

Lily, are you back to routine at school, did you go for a different job at work??

well nothing interesting to report her, been so sad watching the news... right off to try and find the dreaded insurance policy online, the joys of the form filling... oh old boss bought me a lovely spa day at a local place that I've never had the spas as too much money, was lovely, me and friend went, was bliss, sat around reading, was fed and watered, facial, tucked up in a furry bed overlooking the woods and country and then some pool time and outdoor hot tub with a prosecco overlooking the gardens (and in heavy rain lol), bliss but been exhausted every since ha.

night all, will try and pop back in more often as missed the gossip...

[ Edited ]

Hi all

What a lovely name Nicky for GS, he was a good healthy weight wasn't he?   I hope that your daughter is recovering well from the experience of childbirth.   I know it's a perfectly natural thing but it does take it out of you.

We are eagerly awaiting the arrival of new grandaughter, we know the name already but I'll surprise you when she arrives.  All is well so far.

It has been a bit chilly over the weekend, definitely autumnal and despite our best efforts to keep the flies out, unfortunately they seem to find a way to get in as they don't like the cold either.   Today is quite bright and sunny, after having overnight rain.   I shouldn't complain considering what The Caribbean and Florida are going through.

YD will be here for only another couple of weeks, and then will head off to her final year of her Master's, and studying.   Let's hope she will be able to find a decent job when she finishes. Still, will worry about that next year.

Smiley Sad

Mum is still finding the odd BB, the council are fumigating next week.   She often complains of "just not feeling right", so I suggest she tries to eat, even if only a bit of cereal and to keep taking her drink supplements.   

Well, my housework is calling Smiley Sad love Carole xx

Warning! Emotional content

Hi everyone. Nicky I love the name. Funny that I mentioned William or a modern/current name!! We must have a psychic link going on. I like family traditions with names, we have a few but not everyone continues them. Always up to mum or dad. Who do you think he looks most like? Well how lovely to have the excuse to monopolise the little chap while helping them out. New babies can be hard work. Main thing is not to both get up, to take turns looking after them so you at least catch some sleep. My best sleeper from early on was the only one that was born in the day time. All my night born babies seemed to think that was getting up time every day and had to gradually move their clock round. Well congrats again and welcome to the Nanna club. What have toy decided to be called? Lily xx