Re: Darling buddies from May - moving on

Hi all, sorry I haven't been around yet again been in my course and mega busy but I'll have a good catch up tomorrow night x hope everyone is okay xx

Hi ladies, yes it was a bit quiet so nice to hear from you. Nicky a small garden will be a lot less work and it sounds like you still have room for the things you want to do, without too much effort. Fab to have a free spell, do you have any plans? I bought a big old terracotta chimney pot recenty in an antique centre as I had admired them for some time. Just got to work out a good spot in the garden and a suitable plant. I have a new azalea to plant so that's one option although it looks like it would suit something a bit more exotic looking. We have also planted about 10 new young trees right at the bottom of our long garden after losing the whole screening in the storms over the last 2 years. They are all quite small so it will be some years before I see them bloom. So far 3 oaks, a hornbeam, a conifer, a hawthorn, 2 spruce type ones, 2 tiny chriistmas trees and another we are not sure of yet as it just appeared. We also have giant eucalyptus tree further up the garden which is my favourite. Then alot of others, too many to remember, its a forest lol.

Carole yes I like raised beds too but you know who would never get round to it. I am still waiting for the greenhouse to be set up and that's been 15 years! Yes the holiday home was amazing, probably well beyond a million pounds and quite enchanting to live in, if only for a week. You could never be a clean freak though as it  was 500 years old and crumbly and full of ants. Lucky we were there before ant season! I have had no change since coming off femara at all. So I will have to take ownership of the extra pounds myself sadly. Sorry to hear about your latest medical appointment, disappointing to lose hair. Can they stabilise it? Keep us posted on the tablet change. Tamoxifen made me have a big tummy and put on weight but I was told it was unusual to be better on femara, so hope it works for you. Sounds like you have green fingers in the plant department wish i was near enough to come and get some!!  Lisa how are you now? Well back to work for me booo but so busy the time flew by. Soon get back into the routine I guess. Love Lily xx

Morning buddies, yes I was also thinking we had all been a bit quiet, but like Nicky hope we all had busy times?   Nicky would it be possible to put some small raised beds perhaps in your sunny courtyard?   It's possible to make them look very stylish and seem to be all the trend.

Lily your holiday house sounded like a lot of fun, plenty of places and cubby holes to play hide n seek?   How are you now after stopping Femara?

I went to see my Oncologist last week as well as the dermatologist.   I was very sad to learn that the dermatologist says I have partial alopecia Man Frustrated   My hair has always been very fine and after chemo it grew back exactly the same.   However I had noticed a few balding patches, which I always endeavour to style my hair to cover them up.   He's suggested a treatment to encourage hair regrowth but, the problem with it is that it is making my hair sticky and flat greasy looking so I have the urge to wash it twice a day.   I looked up the product which says hair must be completely dry when using and remain dry for at least 4 hours, so it looks like I'll be washing my hair in the afternoons.   

To the Onc I explained all the side effects I've been having whilst on Femara, which had gradually built up over the 6 months I was on it.  Things like the coughing, the very dry mouth all the time, no saliva making somethings very difficult to eat and swallow, palpitations,    So I am now back on a generic tamoxifen with a review in 6 months.

Our weather is still strange.   Yesterday was very windy but lovely and sunny, the day before dismal and grey, today we've already had heavy rain but now there are some blue skies.

We have saved ourself over 200 euros with geranium cuttings, our greenhouse is full of them but we are so pleased that they seem to be doing very well.   We've also got lots of marigold seeds sprouting.   Veg wise we have some tomato seeds, strawberry plants, raspberry, blueberry and blackberry but these are all in pots so hoping they do well as I love summer fruits.   We are also doing well in one of our boxes with plants of romanesc cauliflower and green beans.   All we need now is lots of sun to get them going Smiley Very Happy   I'm also going to have a box of herbs.

I am helping new neighbours who have the campsite trying to build a website.   I've never done this before so it's new for me.   I can only do the English bit as my written French is not good.

Anyway, hope you are all good and take care love Carole x

Community Champion

Hi ladies

Well, we've been a bit quiet haven't we, sorry I've not been on, I just had a few mornings last week when I had to get on with things so didn't log on at all and then, as you know, I never seem to get around to posting later in the day. Oh well, no other reasons but I did enjoy the brighter days we had and got out for lots of walks which was nice. Not likely today with it currently pouring down, at least the grass feed I put down yesterday will have a chance to work! We now have a very small garden so no chance of any veg beds unfortunately but we do have a small courtyard out of the side of the house which is a little sun trap so I'm hoping to pot up some tomatoes etc and actually get them to ripen! Where we were before our garden was so exposed I always ended up with lots of green tomatoes that never went red so here's hoping. That and a nice herb garden will do me - just waiting for the herb planter I've ordered to arrive then I'll be in business.

Hoping you all had a good and busy time over Easter and sorry that the Hols are over now Lily and that Mr P is now back at work Carole. Lisa, how are you doing? Hoping Mam is feeling better with her ear/balance problem and it's getting sorted.

So, I now have a couple of weeks off from hospital treatments as I had my infusions on Friday so I shall make the most of the time away from there especially as I have a full on week for my next round of treament as I also have a heart appointment scheduled the same week. Just routine as they are keeping a close eye on me but it will be up in London. Oh well, I'd better just to a bit of shopping to make it a more pleasant day 😊

Nicky x

[ Edited ]

Hi buddies, hope this finds you all ok and coughs improving by the day. Nicky it will be nice to be able to get the garden looking more how you want. Will you plant veg still at this house? You seemed to really enjoy it before. How many rooms have you got sorted now? I always find things slide after an initial burst of energy when you first move. After that each little job seemed to go at a snail's pace for us. What's your week like for appointments? Hope you can enjoy the brighter days.  Carole, well its getting used to Mr P away again. Does it get any easier? Mine has been away too  but its never for too long so I can enjoy doing and eating what suits just me. Glad your cough has improved and hope Mr P's checks turn out ok. I dream of the day I can make bread, sounds heavenly and wish I could find time. I haven't baked bread since school days. Lisa I can hardly believe they are sending you on another course and hope its not another soul destroyer. Beats me why a cgarity would spend so much money on these things? Anyway hope this one is enjoyable. Poor mum. I had a spell of balance problems due to my inner ear and had to lay down with my eyes shut most of the time and even then i felt I was constantly turning anti clockwise. The dr gave me some tablets but can't remember what but they worked well. He tested me in the surgery by making me close my eyes and out my arms out and I immediately fell backwards. I think it went quite quickly. It must have been about a rpyal celebration time as the kids had to hold my arms as the waving flags made me lose balance. Is she improving yet? Hope she wakes to find a lovely new kitchen as a reward Smiley Happy   How did the chat with the bc girl go?  I had  a lovely holiday overall but felt unwell for the first few days and couldn't enjoy the cakes and treats (yes that ill lol) . We did so much, visiting castles and lots of animal parks, forest walks etc. The house was absoluely amazing, 16 century with beams for Victor to bump his head on everywhere, huge fireplaces and all the original features preserved. Little ones had fun trying to open the latch doors and I wasn't sure which of the 2 spiral stairs was trickiest so we had stair gates galore to avoid accidents. Although a bit boggy the kids made the most of the 2 acres of garden and wore themselves out. evenings were hilarious as there was no such thing as sound proofing and the littles could hear everything from the living rooms so we were constantly moving around the house to avoid the light sleepers. We were spoiled with 3 living rooms so not too hard to get them all off and collapse in a heap for the evening. It was exactly the kind of house we would have bought if we had a few extra 000 on our bank account. All us townies except Victor who is not scared of anything, were spooked by the lack of street lights and trying to take a black dog out in a field full of bunnies and pheasants at night and find it again. I just go into hysterical screaming for the dog to return after about 30 seconds, making the wildlife even wilder!!  I did the washing mountain in one day so catching up on visits and chores this week. Take care all love Lily xx

[ Edited ]

Hello girls

Believe it or not, this is the first chance really to sit down and look at posts, it's been pretty hectic here since Mr P arrived home.   He's just left to return to work so no doubt I will be catching up on bits and pieces.

Nicky how wonderful to go to Venice, I loved Venice when we visited, YD was only 5 months old and in a buggy, how she laughed when all the pigeons kept flying around her - we did have a video of the experience but of course, lost in the fire.  It sounds like you had a super birthday and a busy Easter, I can't believe how it came and went so quickly.   At least I wasn't by myself for a change.   How are you getting on with the gardening, and what plants are you putting in?

Lisa I feel upset for your Mum, vertigo can be nasty is she taking domperidone tablets? How is your cough now?   I must say that mine has improved enormously since starting the anti histamines, although still there a bit but much better.   I empathise with you for having to talk to someone about having a mastectomy, it will no doubt bring back some painful memories.  Good luck with it I'm sure you will be the perfect person to talk to.   

Lily hope you have enjoyed your time away with all the peace and quiet (not) lol.

Mr P's blood pressure is much much better since starting the tablets.   However he has to have a kidney scan next week it is to check there is no kidney disease as apparently that can raise blood pressure but doesn't have any symptoms.   As for his back he had an xray, then a CT scan which shows something like a herniated disc, along with arthritis.   He had to stop taking the diclofenac as they didn't agree with him and we are now waiting for an appointment to see a Rhumatologist to find out what treatment they recommend.

I'm pleased to say that my first cataract will be operated on in August.  I do hope my vision will improve as it is so fuzzy at the moment.   I have to have an eye angiogram in a couple of weeks purely to check there is no other damage.   In the UK I know they do cataract ops under local but here it's done under GA.

Our weather has been very up and down, some days quite warm and sunny, other days wet and dismal. Hopefully spring will arrive soon.   The mice seem to have vacated the propertySmiley Wink   Personally I think it is because the winter is over and they don't seek a warm place to nest.   Hope they won't be back in October Man Sad

I am seeing my Onc on Thursday, just routine so I'm not worried about it.

That's my catch up, I'm in the middle of making bread so better go and give it a punch lol.

Take care all, love Carole xx

Hi all, hope everyone is okay. I have my cooker back in action and off on training later in week so won't be around. Getting used to my empty house now but have been at parents a lot as their kitchen has been ripped out, the joys.

my poor mum is majorly suffering with vertigo, can you believe they knew her ear was hurting but didn't do anything sith IT as was wax in it. Went to our oncall drop in centre yesterday and they gave her antibiotics too to cleR up possible infection. She can't sleep for the dizziness pins and needles and nausea must be awful but she's ate my cooking tonight and more than ate in a week so fingers crossed .

hows everyone doing, I've been asked to meet someone tomorrow who's having a mastectomy on the Thursday for a chat, positive head will be on and need to have that hat on when talking to myself too as well eh.

well better go to bed xxxx night all. hope Lily is having a nice break. Damn iPad typing 😩

happy garden sopping Nicky sounds fun. I'm okay, poor mum suffering from bad vertigo and kitchen totally ripped out so been hectic lol, it's making me think about what to do in mine lol!!!

hope everyone's had a nice weekend, I'm off to bed but will catch up tomoz xxxx

Community Champion

Hi buddies

Lisa, how are you doing? Thinking of you and hoping that you are not feeling too lonely without your Robbie - but I'm sure it will take a long time to adjust. Sending big hugs to you and remember to sound off to us as and when you need to. Sorry to hear Easter was a bit of a let down as well. Weather has been pretty horrible here except for Good Friday when the sun shone. Picking up now with some brighter days which is nice.

Carole, how are you? Was Mr P and YD back over Easter? Hope you weren't on your own. At least we're moving into spring now which is a better time of the year with longer days.

Lily, hope the time away is good with the family. The weather must be better than when you went so you should be able to get out and about.

We had a manically busy Easter so I'm glad it's all over! It also marked the end of all the busy weekends we've had almost since moving house last year so OH and I are heaving a big sigh of relief and can now finish off the few bits in the house we need to do and I can get started on organising the garden, which is luckily quite small and already planted with some nice shrubs. I just want to tweak it a bit and put a few things in so I've been off to garden centres this week looking at a few planters etc so I can grow some plants against a wall we have. So far enjoying a quieter week which is nice.

Nicky x

Sorry I've missed a few days, been hectic here one way or another, hope to catch up with you all soon.

Take care, love Carole xx

Total opposite her, brother and wife went out and I wasn't invited lol, dad busy painting kitchen, mam Ill and I've no cooker so wasn't great day lol. 

Oh oh any trip away sounds nice lily have fun xx

hope everyone else had nice easter xx

Hope you have all been enjoying the Easter weekend. It was so busy here today with a housefull and more. I love it when they all comne in together and all the littles in one afternoon - heavenly. Well I'll be away for a while but most likely still posting as in the UK. House sitter ready and cases packed . love Lily xx

Hi everyone,

Yes I am jealous too. I have been to Venice but only for a day while staying in Italy. What an amazing place but absolutely baking when i was there. It is on my list to go back. I could just watch the world go by there, fascinating place. It was the shoes I kept looking at too. So nice to have a fortnight off work. I've been buying Easter eggs galore. They are quite tricky to carry in large numbers without squashing them, so bought 3 at a time. I had to get 20!! Hope I managed to organise everyone's favourites. I managed to get mum out today. The first time she has been strong enough for months. She was so pleased that she managed it and we went shopping but with her in a wheelchair. She wa so excited, she bought eberything and I couldn't see her over the enormous pile on her lap lol. It was lovely and very encouraging after some dismal depressing weeks.

Enjoy the long weekend love Lily xx

Hi all, wow Nicky, I'm sooooo jeleous.... I love Venice, whiz,to sights are nice And I love sitting by the grand canal, I love walking down all the winding streets and where people live it's lovely and hope weather treated you nice. 

Hope pe everyone has a lovely weekend. I'm having a wine whilst I wait for my Easter egg to chill in the fridge.  Then I'm having a night in with girly video with friends and painting mam and dads kitchen , poor mam has vertigo so she's feeling crap. Oh and my oven broke lol, happy easter 😁😛

Community Champion

Hi buddies

So, so sorry to hear about Robbie but it sounds like it was the right time for him to go to the great big rabbit field in the sky and chase around to his hearts content. Hugs are for you Lisa as it will be very quiet for you and, as you say, a last link to Graham. I don't have any words of wisdom to add although Lily's idea of an older rescue dog may be worth exploring if you feel you want to. Puppies will be like babies and probably a bit too much looking after when you go gadding around like you do. 

I will add a trip report over the weekend when I hope to have more time, and not to distract from Lisa's sad news - but we had a few days in Venice and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Onto planning all the meals for Easter now. YD back early as she's suffering with this stupid sore throat and cold that is still doing the rounds, at least she can be looked after here.

Have a good Easter weekend buddies, love and hugs to you all.

Nicky x

Lol I know Lily, howver I'm 99% positive the letters and appointments are signed as him as a staff nurse grade lol...

not it sure about the four legged friend, I don't think I could treat another in the same way but will see what happens. Must admit I'm still up working after a late night meeting and can't settle .

hope everyone is ready for easter xxx

Hi Lisa, well I am very glad you arevbeing looked after properly. What are you like, you've been telling us he was a nurse for years. i really hope you haven't said it to him ha ha. It sounds like you could do with a 4 legged friend to keep you company and come home to. You could consider rescuing an older dog that wouldn't mind being alone for longer, as a pup would be tricky. These days, most people down here use doggy day care or pay someone to walk their dog and let it out each day. So other options if you can afford it. Why not ask your parents too, as they might actually like going to your house and miss it themselves? Lily xx

Highlighted

Well Lily don't get too mad, the staff nurse bit is a load of crap as I've googled him as I really trust him and he's an associate specialist for breast cancer a surgeon and works for oncology too..... Been doctors today too and seen locus /on call re my eye, which isn't infected but says he thinks it's just an irritant and may just go, so I asked him about my ough, eh checked my throat and chest which is all clear, I explained it to him and asked if it could be acid, he said it could be so doubling up in my pills and will see, weirdly ain't coughed apart from sitting in doctors so could be nervous reflux lol. 

Im still very sad, cried quite a bit and still thinking I wished I was in front of him when injected rather than at side so I was last thing he seen but he'll have heard and felt me x I know he had great life but even 10mins before they came he wanted to go for a walk, house is so empty it's also my last link to graham too. I'm not sure about another, I don't know how I could get as attached to another but then know what your saying lily and house feels cold and empty, I'm not relaxing as sitting looking at where he sat makes me sad. Not far in parents having to come and walk another either.

Carole, all my family on bp pills so can defo run in families. Hope it gets stabilised soon. Hope you get sorted with your niggles too. I think reckon changes too my mam's friend been for tests on a lump and its new scar tissue and she's 42 years post cancer xxx half of mine is my weight lol x

Lily, bet your in countdown now, you got much planned for your easter break. I'm defo ready for a break but work bonkers until end June. So mission house clear up whilst I don't want to sit down and parents getting new kitchen fitted so we're busy bees xxxx

thanks for all your support xxxx

Hi everyone. Nicky hope you had a lovely birthday treat. Lisa its so sad. It sounded awful having to leave him and the end didn't go well either. Horrible. Do you think you will have another pet? I can't be in a house without a dog so even though its odd to start with, I keep my nice memories and welcome in a new friend. How do you feel about it? Too soon or do you need a waggy tail to come home to? I can't speak about the hospital, its far too annoying and if you are happy then I will just go along with your views because that is what counts. Carole, sorry to hear about Mr P but fortunate they can do so much these days. Its not just stress remember alcohol, cigarettes and diet have to be considered, if he has the first 2. I have a crazy reaction to diclofenac, evil stuff for me so not ever allowed it again. Most people have it quite happily and helpfully. I hope he improves. Could I suggest that the mice could be causing the allergy if it times with their extra activity and probably babies now. Or new plants/crops nearby? I finish work this week then a nice long break including some time away with the family. Really looking forward to it, then all systems go to try to get all my students a top GCSE grade, well as high as I can get them to. So difficult in the workforce today without decent results. Hugs Lisa xxx

[ Edited ]

Oh our poor buddy, Lisa I really feel for you and it sounded very upsetting, but, you were with him until the end and hopefully the sedation kept him from any suffering.   It will take time to adjust to a house without him, but console yourself with the fact you gave him a wonderful life for 18 years. Big hugs. It sounds like your appointment reassured you but it doesn't sound like they did much.

Nicky sorry I missed your birthday, but belated good wishes and hope you enjoyed your wee trip away, tell us all about it when you can.

Lily are you on holiday now?   Expect you're looking forward to your family break, time for you to de stress a bit (or is it more stressful lol).   Are you noticing any difference since you stopped Femara?

Mr P had a scare last week.   I had made him an appt at the dr for his backache, however she took his blood pressure which was way too high (he has had a bit of a problem with this recently), so within 2 hours he was at the cardiologist having a 24 hour blood pressure monitor fitted.   We went back the following day for the results which showed he needed to go on blood pressure pills (he never stresses so it must be a genetic thing as heart disease in his family).   After 5 days of being on the tablets his BP is now too low, so an adjustment has been made.   Phew what a worry.   As for his back he is on diclofenac and has to have an xray this week.

My cough:  I saw my GP yesterday and explained about how it is, sometimes no cough, sometimes a cough that really catches my breath, always a runny nose and sneezing too so she thinks it might be an allergy, maybe to dust mites (yuk how the goodness do you get rid of them).   So I am now on anti histamines for a month to see if the cough improves, also I am having a chest xray this week.   Like Lisa I too feel something is not right with my left reconstruction, it's not lumpy but feels hard and uncomfortable - I will raise this with the Onc in April when I see him.

So apart from our ailments (what's new with me) all ok here and it looks like a sunny day!

Take care, especially Lisa xxx