cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darling buddies from May - moving on

Re: Darling buddies from May - moving on

Hi all, sorry I haven't been around yet again been in my course and mega busy but I'll have a good catch up tomorrow night x hope everyone is okay xx

Hi ladies, yes it was a bit quiet so nice to hear from you. Nicky a small garden will be a lot less work and it sounds like you still have room for the things you want to do, without too much effort. Fab to have a free spell, do you have any plans? I bought a big old terracotta chimney pot recenty in an antique centre as I had admired them for some time. Just got to work out a good spot in the garden and a suitable plant. I have a new azalea to plant so that's one option although it looks like it would suit something a bit more exotic looking. We have also planted about 10 new young trees right at the bottom of our long garden after losing the whole screening in the storms over the last 2 years. They are all quite small so it will be some years before I see them bloom. So far 3 oaks, a hornbeam, a conifer, a hawthorn, 2 spruce type ones, 2 tiny chriistmas trees and another we are not sure of yet as it just appeared. We also have giant eucalyptus tree further up the garden which is my favourite. Then alot of others, too many to remember, its a forest lol.

Carole yes I like raised beds too but you know who would never get round to it. I am still waiting for the greenhouse to be set up and that's been 15 years! Yes the holiday home was amazing, probably well beyond a million pounds and quite enchanting to live in, if only for a week. You could never be a clean freak though as it  was 500 years old and crumbly and full of ants. Lucky we were there before ant season! I have had no change since coming off femara at all. So I will have to take ownership of the extra pounds myself sadly. Sorry to hear about your latest medical appointment, disappointing to lose hair. Can they stabilise it? Keep us posted on the tablet change. Tamoxifen made me have a big tummy and put on weight but I was told it was unusual to be better on femara, so hope it works for you. Sounds like you have green fingers in the plant department wish i was near enough to come and get some!!  Lisa how are you now? Well back to work for me booo but so busy the time flew by. Soon get back into the routine I guess. Love Lily xx

Morning buddies, yes I was also thinking we had all been a bit quiet, but like Nicky hope we all had busy times?   Nicky would it be possible to put some small raised beds perhaps in your sunny courtyard?   It's possible to make them look very stylish and seem to be all the trend.

Lily your holiday house sounded like a lot of fun, plenty of places and cubby holes to play hide n seek?   How are you now after stopping Femara?

I went to see my Oncologist last week as well as the dermatologist.   I was very sad to learn that the dermatologist says I have partial alopecia Man Frustrated   My hair has always been very fine and after chemo it grew back exactly the same.   However I had noticed a few balding patches, which I always endeavour to style my hair to cover them up.   He's suggested a treatment to encourage hair regrowth but, the problem with it is that it is making my hair sticky and flat greasy looking so I have the urge to wash it twice a day.   I looked up the product which says hair must be completely dry when using and remain dry for at least 4 hours, so it looks like I'll be washing my hair in the afternoons.   

To the Onc I explained all the side effects I've been having whilst on Femara, which had gradually built up over the 6 months I was on it.  Things like the coughing, the very dry mouth all the time, no saliva making somethings very difficult to eat and swallow, palpitations,    So I am now back on a generic tamoxifen with a review in 6 months.

Our weather is still strange.   Yesterday was very windy but lovely and sunny, the day before dismal and grey, today we've already had heavy rain but now there are some blue skies.

We have saved ourself over 200 euros with geranium cuttings, our greenhouse is full of them but we are so pleased that they seem to be doing very well.   We've also got lots of marigold seeds sprouting.   Veg wise we have some tomato seeds, strawberry plants, raspberry, blueberry and blackberry but these are all in pots so hoping they do well as I love summer fruits.   We are also doing well in one of our boxes with plants of romanesc cauliflower and green beans.   All we need now is lots of sun to get them going Smiley Very Happy   I'm also going to have a box of herbs.

I am helping new neighbours who have the campsite trying to build a website.   I've never done this before so it's new for me.   I can only do the English bit as my written French is not good.

Anyway, hope you are all good and take care love Carole x

Community Champion

Hi ladies

Well, we've been a bit quiet haven't we, sorry I've not been on, I just had a few mornings last week when I had to get on with things so didn't log on at all and then, as you know, I never seem to get around to posting later in the day. Oh well, no other reasons but I did enjoy the brighter days we had and got out for lots of walks which was nice. Not likely today with it currently pouring down, at least the grass feed I put down yesterday will have a chance to work! We now have a very small garden so no chance of any veg beds unfortunately but we do have a small courtyard out of the side of the house which is a little sun trap so I'm hoping to pot up some tomatoes etc and actually get them to ripen! Where we were before our garden was so exposed I always ended up with lots of green tomatoes that never went red so here's hoping. That and a nice herb garden will do me - just waiting for the herb planter I've ordered to arrive then I'll be in business.

Hoping you all had a good and busy time over Easter and sorry that the Hols are over now Lily and that Mr P is now back at work Carole. Lisa, how are you doing? Hoping Mam is feeling better with her ear/balance problem and it's getting sorted.

So, I now have a couple of weeks off from hospital treatments as I had my infusions on Friday so I shall make the most of the time away from there especially as I have a full on week for my next round of treament as I also have a heart appointment scheduled the same week. Just routine as they are keeping a close eye on me but it will be up in London. Oh well, I'd better just to a bit of shopping to make it a more pleasant day 😊

Nicky x

Hi buddies, hope this finds you all ok and coughs improving by the day. Nicky it will be nice to be able to get the garden looking more how you want. Will you plant veg still at this house? You seemed to really enjoy it before. How many rooms have you got sorted now? I always find things slide after an initial burst of energy when you first move. After that each little job seemed to go at a snail's pace for us. What's your week like for appointments? Hope you can enjoy the brighter days.  Carole, well its getting used to Mr P away again. Does it get any easier? Mine has been away too  but its never for too long so I can enjoy doing and eating what suits just me. Glad your cough has improved and hope Mr P's checks turn out ok. I dream of the day I can make bread, sounds heavenly and wish I could find time. I haven't baked bread since school days. Lisa I can hardly believe they are sending you on another course and hope its not another soul destroyer. Beats me why a cgarity would spend so much money on these things? Anyway hope this one is enjoyable. Poor mum. I had a spell of balance problems due to my inner ear and had to lay down with my eyes shut most of the time and even then i felt I was constantly turning anti clockwise. The dr gave me some tablets but can't remember what but they worked well. He tested me in the surgery by making me close my eyes and out my arms out and I immediately fell backwards. I think it went quite quickly. It must have been about a rpyal celebration time as the kids had to hold my arms as the waving flags made me lose balance. Is she improving yet? Hope she wakes to find a lovely new kitchen as a reward Smiley Happy   How did the chat with the bc girl go?  I had  a lovely holiday overall but felt unwell for the first few days and couldn't enjoy the cakes and treats (yes that ill lol) . We did so much, visiting castles and lots of animal parks, forest walks etc. The house was absoluely amazing, 16 century with beams for Victor to bump his head on everywhere, huge fireplaces and all the original features preserved. Little ones had fun trying to open the latch doors and I wasn't sure which of the 2 spiral stairs was trickiest so we had stair gates galore to avoid accidents. Although a bit boggy the kids made the most of the 2 acres of garden and wore themselves out. evenings were hilarious as there was no such thing as sound proofing and the littles could hear everything from the living rooms so we were constantly moving around the house to avoid the light sleepers. We were spoiled with 3 living rooms so not too hard to get them all off and collapse in a heap for the evening. It was exactly the kind of house we would have bought if we had a few extra 000 on our bank account. All us townies except Victor who is not scared of anything, were spooked by the lack of street lights and trying to take a black dog out in a field full of bunnies and pheasants at night and find it again. I just go into hysterical screaming for the dog to return after about 30 seconds, making the wildlife even wilder!!  I did the washing mountain in one day so catching up on visits and chores this week. Take care all love Lily xx

Hello girls

Believe it or not, this is the first chance really to sit down and look at posts, it's been pretty hectic here since Mr P arrived home.   He's just left to return to work so no doubt I will be catching up on bits and pieces.

Nicky how wonderful to go to Venice, I loved Venice when we visited, YD was only 5 months old and in a buggy, how she laughed when all the pigeons kept flying around her - we did have a video of the experience but of course, lost in the fire.  It sounds like you had a super birthday and a busy Easter, I can't believe how it came and went so quickly.   At least I wasn't by myself for a change.   How are you getting on with the gardening, and what plants are you putting in?

Lisa I feel upset for your Mum, vertigo can be nasty is she taking domperidone tablets? How is your cough now?   I must say that mine has improved enormously since starting the anti histamines, although still there a bit but much better.   I empathise with you for having to talk to someone about having a mastectomy, it will no doubt bring back some painful memories.  Good luck with it I'm sure you will be the perfect person to talk to.   

Lily hope you have enjoyed your time away with all the peace and quiet (not) lol.

Mr P's blood pressure is much much better since starting the tablets.   However he has to have a kidney scan next week it is to check there is no kidney disease as apparently that can raise blood pressure but doesn't have any symptoms.   As for his back he had an xray, then a CT scan which shows something like a herniated disc, along with arthritis.   He had to stop taking the diclofenac as they didn't agree with him and we are now waiting for an appointment to see a Rhumatologist to find out what treatment they recommend.

I'm pleased to say that my first cataract will be operated on in August.  I do hope my vision will improve as it is so fuzzy at the moment.   I have to have an eye angiogram in a couple of weeks purely to check there is no other damage.   In the UK I know they do cataract ops under local but here it's done under GA.

Our weather has been very up and down, some days quite warm and sunny, other days wet and dismal. Hopefully spring will arrive soon.   The mice seem to have vacated the propertySmiley Wink   Personally I think it is because the winter is over and they don't seek a warm place to nest.   Hope they won't be back in October Man Sad

I am seeing my Onc on Thursday, just routine so I'm not worried about it.

That's my catch up, I'm in the middle of making bread so better go and give it a punch lol.

Take care all, love Carole xx

Hi all, hope everyone is okay. I have my cooker back in action and off on training later in week so won't be around. Getting used to my empty house now but have been at parents a lot as their kitchen has been ripped out, the joys.

my poor mum is majorly suffering with vertigo, can you believe they knew her ear was hurting but didn't do anything sith IT as was wax in it. Went to our oncall drop in centre yesterday and they gave her antibiotics too to cleR up possible infection. She can't sleep for the dizziness pins and needles and nausea must be awful but she's ate my cooking tonight and more than ate in a week so fingers crossed .

hows everyone doing, I've been asked to meet someone tomorrow who's having a mastectomy on the Thursday for a chat, positive head will be on and need to have that hat on when talking to myself too as well eh.

well better go to bed xxxx night all. hope Lily is having a nice break. Damn iPad typing 😩

happy garden sopping Nicky sounds fun. I'm okay, poor mum suffering from bad vertigo and kitchen totally ripped out so been hectic lol, it's making me think about what to do in mine lol!!!

hope everyone's had a nice weekend, I'm off to bed but will catch up tomoz xxxx

Community Champion

Hi buddies

Lisa, how are you doing? Thinking of you and hoping that you are not feeling too lonely without your Robbie - but I'm sure it will take a long time to adjust. Sending big hugs to you and remember to sound off to us as and when you need to. Sorry to hear Easter was a bit of a let down as well. Weather has been pretty horrible here except for Good Friday when the sun shone. Picking up now with some brighter days which is nice.

Carole, how are you? Was Mr P and YD back over Easter? Hope you weren't on your own. At least we're moving into spring now which is a better time of the year with longer days.

Lily, hope the time away is good with the family. The weather must be better than when you went so you should be able to get out and about.

We had a manically busy Easter so I'm glad it's all over! It also marked the end of all the busy weekends we've had almost since moving house last year so OH and I are heaving a big sigh of relief and can now finish off the few bits in the house we need to do and I can get started on organising the garden, which is luckily quite small and already planted with some nice shrubs. I just want to tweak it a bit and put a few things in so I've been off to garden centres this week looking at a few planters etc so I can grow some plants against a wall we have. So far enjoying a quieter week which is nice.

Nicky x

Sorry I've missed a few days, been hectic here one way or another, hope to catch up with you all soon.

Take care, love Carole xx

Total opposite her, brother and wife went out and I wasn't invited lol, dad busy painting kitchen, mam Ill and I've no cooker so wasn't great day lol. 

Oh oh any trip away sounds nice lily have fun xx

hope everyone else had nice easter xx

Hope you have all been enjoying the Easter weekend. It was so busy here today with a housefull and more. I love it when they all comne in together and all the littles in one afternoon - heavenly. Well I'll be away for a while but most likely still posting as in the UK. House sitter ready and cases packed . love Lily xx

Hi everyone,

Yes I am jealous too. I have been to Venice but only for a day while staying in Italy. What an amazing place but absolutely baking when i was there. It is on my list to go back. I could just watch the world go by there, fascinating place. It was the shoes I kept looking at too. So nice to have a fortnight off work. I've been buying Easter eggs galore. They are quite tricky to carry in large numbers without squashing them, so bought 3 at a time. I had to get 20!! Hope I managed to organise everyone's favourites. I managed to get mum out today. The first time she has been strong enough for months. She was so pleased that she managed it and we went shopping but with her in a wheelchair. She wa so excited, she bought eberything and I couldn't see her over the enormous pile on her lap lol. It was lovely and very encouraging after some dismal depressing weeks.

Enjoy the long weekend love Lily xx

Hi all, wow Nicky, I'm sooooo jeleous.... I love Venice, whiz,to sights are nice And I love sitting by the grand canal, I love walking down all the winding streets and where people live it's lovely and hope weather treated you nice. 

Hope pe everyone has a lovely weekend. I'm having a wine whilst I wait for my Easter egg to chill in the fridge.  Then I'm having a night in with girly video with friends and painting mam and dads kitchen , poor mam has vertigo so she's feeling crap. Oh and my oven broke lol, happy easter 😁😛

Community Champion

Hi buddies

So, so sorry to hear about Robbie but it sounds like it was the right time for him to go to the great big rabbit field in the sky and chase around to his hearts content. Hugs are for you Lisa as it will be very quiet for you and, as you say, a last link to Graham. I don't have any words of wisdom to add although Lily's idea of an older rescue dog may be worth exploring if you feel you want to. Puppies will be like babies and probably a bit too much looking after when you go gadding around like you do. 

I will add a trip report over the weekend when I hope to have more time, and not to distract from Lisa's sad news - but we had a few days in Venice and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Onto planning all the meals for Easter now. YD back early as she's suffering with this stupid sore throat and cold that is still doing the rounds, at least she can be looked after here.

Have a good Easter weekend buddies, love and hugs to you all.

Nicky x

Lol I know Lily, howver I'm 99% positive the letters and appointments are signed as him as a staff nurse grade lol...

not it sure about the four legged friend, I don't think I could treat another in the same way but will see what happens. Must admit I'm still up working after a late night meeting and can't settle .

hope everyone is ready for easter xxx

Hi Lisa, well I am very glad you arevbeing looked after properly. What are you like, you've been telling us he was a nurse for years. i really hope you haven't said it to him ha ha. It sounds like you could do with a 4 legged friend to keep you company and come home to. You could consider rescuing an older dog that wouldn't mind being alone for longer, as a pup would be tricky. These days, most people down here use doggy day care or pay someone to walk their dog and let it out each day. So other options if you can afford it. Why not ask your parents too, as they might actually like going to your house and miss it themselves? Lily xx

Highlighted

Well Lily don't get too mad, the staff nurse bit is a load of crap as I've googled him as I really trust him and he's an associate specialist for breast cancer a surgeon and works for oncology too..... Been doctors today too and seen locus /on call re my eye, which isn't infected but says he thinks it's just an irritant and may just go, so I asked him about my ough, eh checked my throat and chest which is all clear, I explained it to him and asked if it could be acid, he said it could be so doubling up in my pills and will see, weirdly ain't coughed apart from sitting in doctors so could be nervous reflux lol. 

Im still very sad, cried quite a bit and still thinking I wished I was in front of him when injected rather than at side so I was last thing he seen but he'll have heard and felt me x I know he had great life but even 10mins before they came he wanted to go for a walk, house is so empty it's also my last link to graham too. I'm not sure about another, I don't know how I could get as attached to another but then know what your saying lily and house feels cold and empty, I'm not relaxing as sitting looking at where he sat makes me sad. Not far in parents having to come and walk another either.

Carole, all my family on bp pills so can defo run in families. Hope it gets stabilised soon. Hope you get sorted with your niggles too. I think reckon changes too my mam's friend been for tests on a lump and its new scar tissue and she's 42 years post cancer xxx half of mine is my weight lol x

Lily, bet your in countdown now, you got much planned for your easter break. I'm defo ready for a break but work bonkers until end June. So mission house clear up whilst I don't want to sit down and parents getting new kitchen fitted so we're busy bees xxxx

thanks for all your support xxxx

Hi everyone. Nicky hope you had a lovely birthday treat. Lisa its so sad. It sounded awful having to leave him and the end didn't go well either. Horrible. Do you think you will have another pet? I can't be in a house without a dog so even though its odd to start with, I keep my nice memories and welcome in a new friend. How do you feel about it? Too soon or do you need a waggy tail to come home to? I can't speak about the hospital, its far too annoying and if you are happy then I will just go along with your views because that is what counts. Carole, sorry to hear about Mr P but fortunate they can do so much these days. Its not just stress remember alcohol, cigarettes and diet have to be considered, if he has the first 2. I have a crazy reaction to diclofenac, evil stuff for me so not ever allowed it again. Most people have it quite happily and helpfully. I hope he improves. Could I suggest that the mice could be causing the allergy if it times with their extra activity and probably babies now. Or new plants/crops nearby? I finish work this week then a nice long break including some time away with the family. Really looking forward to it, then all systems go to try to get all my students a top GCSE grade, well as high as I can get them to. So difficult in the workforce today without decent results. Hugs Lisa xxx

Oh our poor buddy, Lisa I really feel for you and it sounded very upsetting, but, you were with him until the end and hopefully the sedation kept him from any suffering.   It will take time to adjust to a house without him, but console yourself with the fact you gave him a wonderful life for 18 years. Big hugs. It sounds like your appointment reassured you but it doesn't sound like they did much.

Nicky sorry I missed your birthday, but belated good wishes and hope you enjoyed your wee trip away, tell us all about it when you can.

Lily are you on holiday now?   Expect you're looking forward to your family break, time for you to de stress a bit (or is it more stressful lol).   Are you noticing any difference since you stopped Femara?

Mr P had a scare last week.   I had made him an appt at the dr for his backache, however she took his blood pressure which was way too high (he has had a bit of a problem with this recently), so within 2 hours he was at the cardiologist having a 24 hour blood pressure monitor fitted.   We went back the following day for the results which showed he needed to go on blood pressure pills (he never stresses so it must be a genetic thing as heart disease in his family).   After 5 days of being on the tablets his BP is now too low, so an adjustment has been made.   Phew what a worry.   As for his back he is on diclofenac and has to have an xray this week.

My cough:  I saw my GP yesterday and explained about how it is, sometimes no cough, sometimes a cough that really catches my breath, always a runny nose and sneezing too so she thinks it might be an allergy, maybe to dust mites (yuk how the goodness do you get rid of them).   So I am now on anti histamines for a month to see if the cough improves, also I am having a chest xray this week.   Like Lisa I too feel something is not right with my left reconstruction, it's not lumpy but feels hard and uncomfortable - I will raise this with the Onc in April when I see him.

So apart from our ailments (what's new with me) all ok here and it looks like a sunny day!

Take care, especially Lisa xxx

Hi all, I'm around just a wee bit fragile. Poor robson but needed done, my house and living room feels so empty and I held it together but boy was it tough. He's veins burst 3 times so was half sedated and half asleep bless him, they ended up injecting him in his kidney and she was unconscious but his heart wouldn't give up the wee fighter, ended up injecting him in his heart too 😭😭😭 thanks for all your support. I was a mess at hospital this morning as dog had fell over and wouldn't move, I came back and he was up wanting a walk lol.

didnt get into too much at hospital so if needs be ill go back to doctors. However, I do trust my nurse doctor or whatever he is, I'm sure he acts as the consultant for local hospital as he's the only one who can order scans etc. He didn't say much about cough, and bulge well I said I had no pain when had odd niggle, howver he looked and had a good feel about and couldn't. See any cause for concern, so i need to try and deestress for all concerned and just live my life eh xxxx  nothing much else to say tonight, just ta for your support xxx

Hi Lisa, thinking of you buddy. Must have been so sad to say bye to him but that's what best mummies do for their pets. I feel sick thinking of you having to watch. Good to cry.

On another emotional matter, how did the hospital go?  Hugs buddy love Lily xxxxx

Hi all, hope everyone's hd a lovely weekend. I've been helping (a little) prepping for mam and dads new kitchen. Phones opticians who think I mayhave eye infection with my lump on eyeball do no make up or touching, hard when can't stop crying. Hospital at 9.20 not sure how I'll get through it then work for meeting, then vets coming out to do the deed tomorrow tea time, know it's stupid but feel like my heart is breaking, I so know it's for best but hard when he's still wagging and wanting to go for walks, he's also still jumping in sofa but can't bear to see him suffer but been through a lot together xx

Hi,

happy birthday from me too Nicky and have a lovely trip. I hope you got out the hospital a little quicker today and sped off on your trip. My new onc is always on tiem but my old one was a terror but as you say it was always because someone needed it. I always appreciate not being rushed and being able to ask as many questions as i feel I need to, so if lots of us turn up on the same day lol. Anyway it sounds like  it was a lovely day and nice to spend time with the newlyweds and catch up with the kitties. Will you have one of your own again some time? Lisa, no you didn't explain clealry ha ha. Although I am still staggered that a nurse, not a dr does a masectomy. You will have to ask why, I need to know. Keep us posted on how Robbie is and please give him eggs and sausage for breakfast and steak for lunch and something stinky that dogs like in the evening just in case. i would like to think he had a fab weekend of spoiling. Carole is Mr P back yet? Love Lily x

Ha ha, thanks Lily.  Maybe I dont explain very well.

I have consultant plastic surgeon in Newcie then I have my annual check up with someone who is called a staff nurse, however, I think he is more than a staff nurse as he is the one that done my original  masectomy and he knows my body.  To be honest I dont want any checks unless he thinks they are necessary as the state I get myself into.  The cough has eased off, as has the cold and I defo think its just a linger from the colds I've had or it would be persisent rather than down to 1 - 3 little boughts a day.  The belly area, I will ask him about as that's what I freak about however, my doctor has said cant feel anything and thinks its muscle, and like you say I've had allsorts done in that area and had muscle taken out of one side so things will be uneven - tell I've a more balanced head on today lol!  I will mention them but I dont want uneccesary scans as I get so worked up about them and make everyone suffer, it's awful so I dont want uncesseary and take their advice.  I amhowever, also going to say that the plastics i want to defer for a while as not going to newcastle to be told still to fat and go away lol!!!  Think i just get het up around this time of year and now have Robbie to think about, so Monday is D day for him and me :-(

Nicky, happppppppyyyyyyyyy belated birthday...... I'm awful with dates.  Big hugs and hope you have an amazing trip away - any clues as to where you are off to?  Cant wait to hear about it when your back.

Have a lovely weekend all - sun is shining here xxx

Community Champion

Hi ladies

Ahhh, what a lovely photo of Robson. Sending him, and you a huge hug Lisa. As Lily has said it's tough times and we all understand as we are all pet lovers and owners, well, I'm now a pet babysitter ha ha. Talking of which we went to my ED's last night for dinner as it was my birthday and I got to see my little babies, the moggies. They are so sweet and I still get a kiss from the cute little princess cat who still loves ribbons and bows as she did as a kitten. So she was in heaven with all the unwrapping I was doing - as was I 😊🎀🎁

It wasn't a completely lovely day though as it started off with an oncology appointment for which I had to wait over an hour, grr. I have no idea why it takes so long sometimes but I guess each appointment can over run and each patient has different needs so I shouldn't complain (but do when it's my birthday!) Back there again today for my infusions, don't I know how to enjoy myself. However OH and I are off on a little trip tomorrow so I won't be on here for a few days which is why I wanted to send Lisa and her Robbie some big hugs.

Have a good weekend ladies, or as much as you can with all that life might be throwing at you just now.

Nicky x

Oooh I just saw his picture. So sweet. Tough time for you. Hugs xxxx

Hi Lisa do you wear contacts? If you do probably caused the thing on your eye. I think you need something to put in it but no idea what, guess it depends on what it is. I still find it hard to accept that we all see specialist consultants and most of us different ones for recons from the chemo ones as well as brilliant bc nurses and other staff and you get one staff nurse! I think you will have to go crazy to get a second opinion because he probably won't be allowed to trigger that, as a nurse. I don't think he would be able to write to a consultant but I may be way off track.  Even more so now I think you should insist on it. I don't think he is allowed to say no. He may try to talk you out of it but hell its your life and your body not his. He doesn't have the professional training to make this decision and I bet the next hospital would be totally shocked at how much responsibility a nurse has for a cancer patient. I understand nurses pick up/study tons of information and are frequently better informed on many issues that affect us (wouldn't be without them)  but he can't make a BRCA or a recon decision. Don't let him get you side tracked with the cough either. Oh I am so cross for you. Please tell mum and dad you aren't getting the care everyone else in UK is getting. That will get them mad as hell. Then take one of them in with you. Will you try?  Alternative is read back over the last 6000+ posts and see how anxious you keep getting without any reassurance or tests. You will of course be scared to death if they say yes!!! but afterwards you can let go of this a little maybe. Please!!

Good old Robbie. I don't think there's anyhting wrong in getting a few painkillers for him is there? We wouldn't think for a moment about asking for them for ourselves. If he is bad it will suddenly change and be much worse. Honestly you will know the difference. Laughed about the video, I try to avoid full length or should I say width photos ha ha. We love you just how you are Smiley Happy  I'm on the mend now but was very feisty at work today. Don't mess me about today!!!  Well sorry for the rant girls but I know you will feel the same about it.Love Lily xxx

Hi all, prob won't be around much this weekend. Rob is struggling I think was going to ring vets tonight but closed then he picked up so making appointment for Monday and finding out what need to do if need to decide over weekend. So sad, he's spoilt too..... This is him tonight, he's hobbled a bit and slept a bit but also been for two walks and eaten as much chicken as he wants xxx have. Lovely weeknd all and hope the sun shines xx image.jpg

Hi all, thanks all, I've only ever seen my onc when was having chemo, never see them after that, see staff nurse which is basically doctor or if he's busy specialist nurse. He is more like an onc I think or explains things like that and can order checks and tests, still having some twinges under boob but it's coz I can see it a bit which freaks me, dam cough back too, not like it was or with the cold but very dry and irritating, damn think, gonna try the propping up, sounding husky lol. Also can you believe I've got like s lump or blister on my eyeball, I thought it was gunk but it's like a little water blister, ha think I'm getting old, it's annoying as by my eye line, so drops maybe tomorrow. Just got myself worked up and in low way because worried they might do something when I go for my appointment.

Rob, well, he's eating like a horse but I'm starting to think he's in more pain, going to see what he's like tomorrow. Not doing it for me but worried I'll make wrong decision as was going to the other day then following morning he was bouncing and wanting to go for a walk and all waggy. Will see what tomorrow brings.

ha ha had to do a video at work yesterday and God diet time is a calling and sleep I've got black bags lol😂😂😂😂😂

lily, ouch sounds awful both the d word and the bug. My mam has had it for about a week too and a bit better but still feels sick after eating, so have every sympathy for you xxxx

Nicky, your so brave with all the tests my tummy would be in knots although I'm sure the shopping will help.mhow the house going, are you all settled in. My parents are getting a new kitchen and the place is upside down lol.

carole, how did you get a mam to go to go to a doctors? Good luck re cough, I'm a bit the same, what type of cough is it? Hope you manage some sleep too. Weather sounds mixed, same here, had to wear my sunglasses on way home, get me !!!

did I tell you how good Adele was, she was brill as was wet wet wet, and as for the gay bar afterwards, well it's first time I've been challenged to an arm wrestle at 2am with her partner helping me and then arguing over it..... Was hysterical..... 😂😂😂😜😜

night all, tempted to try a early night xx

Hi everyone. I am struggling with your description of who you are going to see Lisa, are you seeing a nurse for an oncology check (no offence meant to lovely nurses by this)? I don't understand. Thinking of you with poor Robbie and just see how each day goes for now. Tough time. Hugs.

Carole well Victor is the same and won't go to the docs ever. We have just been changed to a lady doc so he probably won't go at all now!  Have you tried all the usual things for acid/reflux in your sleep as that causes coughs and is considerably less dangerous than more x rays. I try not to have any but had to have one with the tooth trouble and been off since Friday with a horrible bug. can't believe I got another but so many illnesses at work without the family bringing them in. Spent a great deal of time in the bathroom Smiley Sad  Anyway on the mend now just got bad heads from the lack of fluids and feel too sick to guzzle water. ED is ill now from looking after baby, who is picking up now. Its just everywhere in this area.

Nicky I always had a nice retail area on all my visits too. Even now I always allow time for a small treat or latte on the way.Helps you stay positive and have something to look forward to. I am most surprised that you were not allowed to write bloody and am testing this out here if it disappears  in my post! Censorship is ridiculous unless likely to cause harm or offence. Its a good thing to keep a check on your ticker and I am sure gives you reassurance in having these treatments. Well better buzz off. Keep well. Lily xx

Lisa, how is Robson?   I do think that when the time comes you will know, like Nicky says you wouldn't want him to suffer.   As I said before thank goodness that big decision was taken from us when Taz just passed away in his sleep - the best way for any of us to go I think.   Big hugs

Hope all your appointments this week go well Nicky, lucky for you at least you can have a bit of retail therapy whilst in London.   Is it the Brompton you have to go to?   I think it is probably the best heart hospital in London, if not the UK.

Your big family break sounds like its going to be fun Lily, I do hope the weather will be dry as I know how difficult it can be entertaining children in the rain.

Our weather has been a mixture of bright and sunny but quite chilly and cloudy and gloomy and still chilly, so much for the big "high" we were supposed to be getting.

Mr P has an appt tomorrow with our Dr, he's been suffering back ache for quite a while now and finally decided he better get it checked out, i've been nagging him for a while to go but you know what men are like!.   I might speak to the Dr too about my cough.   It's not just at night now but all through the day and has been going on for a few months.   If I need a chest xray or other tests it might be wise to get them done before I see my Onc in April.

Hope you are all ok, take care love Carole xxx

Community Champion

Hi ladies

Sorry that the day out with the ponies didn't turn out the way it should Carole. They do say never work with children and animals 😜 Do tell us the new swear words you may have learnt, we can use them on here ha ah I don't think the automatic bleeper will bleep out French words (btw in case you're wondering I actually wrote the b words, not had them automatically corrected!)

Lily, sounds like a lovely break, if rather creepy as you say. Let's keep our fingers crossed that the weather is good for you all especially as Easter is so early this year. I have a full on week of appointments so I'm at the hospital for 3 days running, good job it's so close and I have a free parking permit. My heart appointments will continue for ever, especially whilst on this HER2 treatment as everyone with secondaries (or just primary) has to have an echo done every 3-4 months. I have other tests done as well such as blood bio markers which give a fuller picture of my heart health so I'm more than happy to have a thorough checkup in London every 3 months or so. Even more so now I've found a good shopping place en route to the hospital so I can do something nice on my appointment day. OH is of course not so happy 😉 

Lisa, catch up with your sleep, you have a busy life and I'm glad the weekends keep you busy. Hoping Robson is coping OK and you're not having to take any big decisions about him. I know I have had to in the past with my elderly cats and it's never easy but you do have to think what is best for them, not what's best for you. I mean that in a nice way as the last thing any of us want would be our pets to suffer and unfortunately they can't tell us how they feel.

Take care all

Nicky x

Hi all, will catch up tomoz as I'm shattered, been bonkers weekend so exhausted. Ha my op is check up with nurse bloke plastic surgeon I'm not going to be told off that I haven't lost 4 stone. Poor robson struggling a bit so going to see what happens over next few days.

will have a good catch up tomoz, hope you all had a lovely weekend xx

Hi everyone. Lisa I hope you are listening to all your foster mothers!!! One chance as you go through that door to get something done. They can't throw you out so keep talking, ask for what you want, don't take no for an answer, definitely cry, get what you need. Its a long wait until you can see them again. get to it buddy. Take your mum or dad in, whoever is fiercest xx

Nicky how are you appointments going this month? is it settling a little now for a few of them? I don't think I asked you how long they would monitor your heart for, is it ongoing now? Is the house looking fab with all your new sofas and furnishings? You need a sticky little chocolate eater now to dribble all over it lol. Antenna says you are getting one, probably next year or two. Quiet walks lol I can't imagine finding the lovely time. Pretty manic over here but trying to plough through all my work to enjoy our big family break. Its an enormous grade 2 listed building and we have been sent numerous emails about safety as it is so old. Sounds a bit creepy to me so the girls and I will be terrified all week as usual!! Part of the fun when no-one except Victor will dare go upstairs on their own at night.He is the brave one.

Carole I am sorry but I did have a little chuckle as i imagined you trying to disappear while the big argu,ent went on. Did you learn some new french words ha ha. I hope the little girl was ok though. Will you go again if asked Smiley Happy  . Get your list of jobs ready for Mr P. Dust what is that?? I thought it was fairy dust that should be treasured and kept!!! Love Lily xxx

The horse show was a bit of a disaster.   We got there early as told (I went along with the neighbour and her daughter) they had to be there early to prepare the pony which I helped with, I love the soft bit of a horses nose Smiley Very Happy   After all the waiting around for it to start, finally the little girl went into the practice ring for 15 minutes.   She was doing very well until the horse decided it didn't want to jump so consequently the poor thing got thrown onto her back, on the sandy arena.   She was so upset and was complaining her back was hurting, she didn't want to ride again!   Her parents had a blazing row so all in all not quite the happy event I was hoping for.

It looks like the weather is going to be nice for us all this week, so hope you and I manage to get in a few nice walks Nicky.

Not long now until Mr P is home, looking back I wonder where that month went but it did seem to drag at the time.

All for now, have shopping to do and a house that needs a clean - the sun shining shows up all the dust unfortunately.

Love Carole xx

Community Champion

Hi Lily, sage advice as ever for Lisa and I back you all the way with what you have said. There seems to have been a lot of bodged operations etc which no doubt are having their effect. In fact I have noticed over the years that my lumpectomy now looks so different from when I had it way back 13 years ago. If I wasn't having constant CT scans I would be worried as my boob has changed shape so much I would be concerned that something was going on in there! Sorry I didn't mention the problems you are having with Mum and particularly her carers (you do wonder why they even call themselves carers when they don't seem to care much!) And it must be difficult to hold back with any comments to Mum when she's going through one of her times when she is only concerned about herself. As to all the bugs, it does sound like there's a lot going on in your neck of the woods. I did see a report about scarlet fever and how the cases are much higher this year than previous ones and that your area did have more cases than some. I hope little miss gets over all of these bugs soon.

Carole, enjoy seeing your local neighbours, it must make a difference to meet new people, and practice your French! Hope Lyon is all your daughter and you want, sounds like a lovely place from what I've read and a change of scenery would be good for her when she continues her studies.

Well, we had a great weekend as we all went up to London for a nice meal out for YD's 25th birthday, a real treat for us all that we enjoyed. Yet another busy one for us though so I'm looking forward to after Easter when finally our year slows down a bit and we have time to spend at home. It's been such a manic start to the year, mainly due to ED's wedding but other things we had planned as well. All very nice but a bit of gentle walking and relaxation would be nice.

Have a good week everyone.

Nicky x

Hi girls,

Nicky I hope you enjoyed your weekend with your girls. Have you got shot of that cold yet? We have scarlet fever in this area along with a lot of other bugs. So many because we have had no snow to kill the bugs off. Never had so much like slapped cheek which is dangerous if pregnant and hand, foot and mouth as well as the usual d and v bugs. Now scarlet fever and our tiniest is very poorly and been put on an extra long dose of a/bs just in case as she's had a contact. Severe tonsilitis, rashes and very hot 40C. I have never known a year with so many illnesses, it never stops probably because we have one at every stage from pre school upwards.

Lisa as I mentioned before, I feel sure there are reasons for you having bulging areas because of the sheer amount as well as not very successful surgery you have had over so many years. I would really urge you to ask to be referred for a second opinion to a specialist bc surgeon. I also think you should ask for a ct scan to reassure yourself about the bc. You might need to really unload a lot of this worry and stress to get it, maybe even take someone with you if you can't be pushy enough. You really can't keep up this constant level of anxiety and you deserve better. All the rest of us have had so much more treatment and scans and its not fair. If that hospital are not specialised enough, you should automatically be sent up line to a bigger one. Tell them about your constant worry and anxiety as you have no reassurance. Keep asking for a scan. I find that asking them to guarantee that there is no chance of any bc is the way through, because they can't with a grope! Then ask them how many surgeries you have had on your boobs. Point out what you are living with after all of their efforts. Ask them right out if they think it looks successful to them for your age after this number of attempts. Then ask to be referred to a specialist recon bc surgeon. Make it happen Lisa just don't walk out of that room without what you need to feel safe, reassured and with the outcome that you are happy with. They will sign you off at some stage and you need to get on to it now. You aren't happy, you don't feel safe. Read this again before you go and go kick a...  Rant over Hugs

Carole yes I hate anything dental, scared stiff. Its not right yet but not needing tablets so hopeful it will pass. I would never go to a dentist abroad argggh. Or are French dentists ok? i'm sorry to hear you have similar concerns about your mother's care. I tear my hair out about it all. Sometimes I feel sorry for her but other times I get annoyed because its moaning for nothing. At her grand age is there any need to howl the place down that your mother has died and tell me I don't understand. Well i don't, not to get to that level of upset when it was such a very long time ago. She has no concept that these are my relatives too and I might miss them. Totally egocentric.No I haven't been to Lyon but in my head I have visions of it being a lovely place to be, so must have watchedsomething about it. Did you enjoy the riding competition? Well I better buzz off. Love to all Lily xx

Hi buddies

Lisa the Adele concert sounded fantastic, lucky you and so pleased, you enjoyed it.   Wet, wet wet?   Can Marti still sing well, the recent times I've seen him live I wasn't so sure.   Anyway, hope you had a great time.   Try not to worry about your lumps and bumps, easier said than done I know but at least your appointment is soon.  Sorry to hear the news about your friends.how is Robson?

Lily I'm not squeamish but your description of things being shoved into your nose had me squeezing my rear end cheeks, ouch!  I know what you've been through with the care staff for your Mum, things have been similar to my Mum.   These people are paid to provide a service, a caring service at that and half the time they can't be bothered.   It doesn't seem any better for my Mum in a home where 24 hour support is supposed to be available, she often complains she hasn't seen a carer when they are supposed to check every 4 hours on her. So pleased you had a lovely Mother's day. Not long now until the Easter break, are you and all the family doing the usual cottage holiday?

Also pleased for you too Nicky that you had a nice Mother's day.   You are sounding very positive now and I'm sure you're next Oncology appointment will go well.   Are your deliveries now finished? It is lovely to have all new things when you move house.   After our fire we were very grateful for good insurance as we bought some lovely furniture and accessories.

Yesterday I walked with my friend on a 5 km walk, it was lovely, Heidi struggled with it a bit but in the end she managed to get back to the car.   Today we walked our usual 2km walk, I met up with some neighbours who invited me to go and sit with them for a drink so that was nice, made me use my French which I don't do very often.   Tomorrow I am going to watch a neighbours daughter in a horseriding competition to show willing.

At the beginning of May we are going to Lyon with YD, it's about 6 hours from us so we're spending 3 days there, so YD can look at the University there and generally look around. She wants to take her Masters degree at Lyon and not at Toulouse as the course is better for her. I've seen it is a beautiful City, have any of you been there?

Off to watch Casualty now and get ready for my early start tomorrow  (I'm not usually an early riser)😄.   Have a nice Sunday xxx

Community Champion

Busy, busy Lisa, wow, you are packing it in and good for you! Glad you had a great time at the Adele gig and enjoy the next. Hope you are not stressing too much about bumps and aches, as you so rightly said, there's not much you can do about it so there's no point stressing, that's what I aim to do usually as well.

Ouch, Lily, that sounds awful. I didn't realise where or what the pain was. Thank goodness it seems to have helped though and fingers crossed it stays that way.

Carole, how are you doing!

Well, it's end of the week so I'm looking forward to the weekend spending time with both D's (and one SIL!) which will be nice.

Hooe you all have a good one.

Nicky x

Hi all, nicky sounds like you've been really busy and got busy times ahead too. 

Plily, thanks for heads up, I did cross my legs it hurt, eugh- poor you xxx

carole, how are you doing, did you have. Nice weekend xx

well I'm shattered, my check up is week on. Monday and bit nervous as I can defo feel a budge and see a shape under boob and few twinges but can't do anything so, hey ho. Thinking about one of my best friends, her mums waiting for results, bless her, she's 72 I think her husbands I'll and it's been 42 years since she had breast cancer.... Amazing or what but would be sad for it to be back now, she's dealt with it twice and skin cancer so she's due a break, but still the most glam person I've ever met xx

ive also had a call today from a friend of my mam's who's friend has just found out got bc and wants me to talk to her, of course I will and I'll have my positive head on but wierd I can give others advice whilst a mess inside.

well, I have to say, whilst I like Adele never a major fan but wow..... She was out of this world, I cried, I laughed and I got goosebumps... She was dramatic but then so real which is what made it, she posed for stupid selfies, got at least 4 folk up on stage and got. Wee 11 year old up to sign with her, she was lovely and to be honest probably the only person I've ever heard live that sounds better than on albums.

worn out having to tidy house for visitor, friends friend wants to dos at mine on Saturday and I'm off first thing to newcastle to see wet wet wet lol so will catch up after weekend xxxxx 

Hi Champ, good to hear from you.I remember those lovely times before, during and after the weddings. I think they feed you fairy dust. I felt like I was on a cloud of happiness, so many nice things, very positive. We will be waiting to see those snaps when you get the time. You are like me everything at the start of the year, then a big lull. It was lovely that YD was able to be around so long on the Mothers day weekend to spoil you. Does she drop lots of hints for presents or like surprises? Best wishes for yours too as I have forgotten the exact date!!! What a pain to have everything around your day but it would probably have affected the wedding if it had changed by much. I hope they get you in and out fast that day. Has it speeded up now you are a veteran on this one?I hadn't really thought about neuropathy as they found a hidden infection. Cross your legs for this bit Lisa as I know you have the same phobia as me. He stabbed the area and squeezed it with me stamping my feet as he did it. He thought it might have gone right up into my sinuses because of the pain level and stuck a stick up it to see how far it would go. Thankfully I didn't know this until after or I would have been out the window. He apparently planned to walk me down the stairs to x ray with the stick up it argggh. Lucky me it didn't so normal calm x rays and the tooth itself is fine so remedies to try to cure the infection only needed and see how it goes. It was aggravating a tri something nerve so as soon as he stabbed it, the pains went Smiley Happy . Settling slowly and I may never go back again!!

Enough talk of the dreaded d word.  A really busy week at work so mum has been battling on with less input from me and managing ok. She has been getting very emotional and demanding and we hadn't realised that one of her carers was shouting at her and making her anxious every time she walked in. So she was trying to get us to do everything and not ask them, which had been frustrating for us when she was refusing to eat and we didn't really know why until it was all blurted out. Then getting dizzy and dangerous and calling us in a panic. Agency were good initially and then sent same one back again and mum went over the edge. At least it brought it to a head and we cancelled every visit she was down to do. Mum is a big customer, moneywise, so that  and a few calls sorted it out. Time will tell if they keep to their word or if we need to change. Trouble is there are so many wonderful ones that really put themselves out and she is fond of them. Well better buzz off. Hi to Lis and Carole too xxxx

Community Champion

Hi ladies

Sorry for the long absence, as before I have been reading but this week (and last) seem to have been particularly busy in the mornings so I've not got around to writing any replies as I know it would take too long! However, another morning of waiting in for a call to say a delivery is due so I'm not going far and therefore have time on my hands. It has been so busy this year what with the wedding (and I WILL send photos!) then straight into Mother's Day  and then onto YD's birthday this weekend and then mine next week. I don't seem to have stopped. However by the end of March I'm looking forward to a quieter April.

so, Adele, you lucky lucky lady Lisa. I'm sure she was fab, what an amazing voice she has. Well jel as my girls would say. Hoping this has taken your mind off your worries and move you further away from all the unhappy memories that this time of the year brings you. A lovely photo of your Mam and I'm glad Robbie was well enough to go out shopping for his Mum 🍾😊

Lily, it sounds like you are suffering as well with pain issues. Has this been caused by anything in particular? I know my last chemo can cause neuropathy and I do occasionally get twinges but noting that lasts or needs any meds. Glad you had a good Mother's Day, as did your Mum.

Carole, how are you coping? Sounds like the weather is similar to here, sometimes nice and sunny, other times chucking it down. Not a nice time of the year but at least it's lighter in the evenings which I find so much better and you can get more done.

Well, I had YD here for a few days over the weekend which was nice, but meant I didn't seem Tom etc nun time to get online. She had been on a business trip to Germany so I picked her up on Friday from the airport and she was working from here on Monday. A very nice weekend for us all and I enjoyed Mother's Day without having to do any cooking etc which was nice. This week has been spent sorting out YD's birthday as that has crept up on me but I now think I'm sorted. We shall celebrate with her at the weekend and then it's on to mine, hooray. The only (big) downside is I have an oncology appointment on my actual birthday (with blood test the day before) and then treatment the day after - hmmm, not good planning but I couldn't be bothered to change it all. Will just have to enjoy myself afterwards and not before.

Hooe all is well with you all 

Nicky x

Lisa have a great time. i would love to see Adele live - very jealous. Carole and Nicky how are you now? Hope both ok or improving love Lily xx

Hi. On phone so probably not great texting!!! Living it up or trying to in Manchester adele was amazing xx

Hi everyone hope you had a lovely day. I was very spoilt with lots of cards, flowers and gifts from my children as well as lots from the littles too and lots of texts to wake up to. very lucky mum today. Mine was in top form and I took over her favourite cakes and some gifts. She cried quite a bit today because there was a missing card of course but she managed really well and was insistent that i go and have a nice day.

Lisa , oh your mum looks lovely but then I knew she would. Clever Robby lol. Take care all - Lily xx

Heres my gorg mum xxxx

image.jpg

Happy Mother's Day to you all, asks for all your support and hope you've been spoilt rotten today as you all so deserve it xx. I'm having a wee glass of prosecco that robson bought me, he's a clever old boy xxx

I've just discovered how to do a hug on here lol. Hope you all have wonderful day xxxxxx

Hi everyone. Thank you Carole, I have some improvement becasue the tablets are lasting a bit longer and it doesn't increase in pain so rapidly. Yes it rivals childbirth at its worst and is very difficult to manage. Hopefully over the worst now and very grateful if it is. My stomach does not tolerate any tablets very well. I may have the answer to the femara comment. My consultant onc wants me to come off femara for several reasons. the heart side was because the small amounts of oestrogen it blocks help your heart and as I am only weakly hormone positive, the benefit to my heart outweighs the oestrogen risk for bc. Anyway that's his take on it but I believe this would vary a lot between individual patients. Spo individual to my dx rather than a general problem with femara. Does that make sense?  Anyway very good news that all of your checks went well Smiley Happy. Enjoy the weekend everyone and hope everyone either enjoys a special day with their mums or enjoys being fussed Lily xx