Re: Club Tropicana - Pull Up A Chair and Chill

Ooh, forgot to mention - you remember I said I was going on a date a couple of months ago?

Well suffice to say all is going VERY well!!

❀️❀️❀️

Hello there. It takes about an hour from start to finish - they put a line in, flush through saline for 15mins or so, then 15mins of the bisphosphonate going in, then another saline flush. It is painless and I was given plenty of tea and biscuits as I sat there.

Side effects - the first was definitely the worst. I was told that I would feel like like was going down with the flu for the first couple of days afterwards and indeed I did. But that cleared after 48hrs and I felt fine. My second infusion was a lot better - I felt far less rough - which they say is because the body has been through the treatment before. I also managed my schedule a lot differently second time around in anticipation of feeling rough for a couple of days - I.e. took two days off work, nothing planned in the diary, generally took it very easy. I don’t know if that helped or not, but second time around was far less tricky in terms of side effects.

I will be having these infusions 6-monthly for 3 years, so my next one is in January.

Hope that helps / reassures?

xxxx

P.S. Hello to all the other lovely ladies on this post. xx 

Rosietd. Hope you don't mind me asking but could you please let me know how long the infusion took and what were the side effects. Been told I will need them and a bit worried x
Community Champion

Shi

Oh you are gorgeously bonkers and bring a sunny smile every time you post xxxx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Sorry that should have read I’m here mishy πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺI’m here I shy βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•Ίjust a quick bungi jump from may plane as captain costas is getting them in ready to land in a few weeks then I’ve told the rads bus and ops bus the club Tropicana awaits 😁😁😁😁 hope everyone has lovely weekends planned, where’s the 🌞 gone we need some more 🌞 for the ladies who get to club Tropicana sept/Oct/nov sending a ✨✨✨✨✨shower to get some 🌞 in for them 😘😘 Lw s have a bit of a-ha the sun always shines on tv for the dance floor, anyone joining in πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’•πŸ˜πŸ˜βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Hi Alibobs it has gone quite quiet hasn't it come on Shi where are your sparkles!!!! Heres hoping everyone is too busy enjoying life πŸ‘

Good morning!! I was just thinking of popping in here to say hello and how are we all? We haven't heard from so many on here for ages. Loved this thread when I first checked in the club at the end of February I hope you lovely people can keep it running. Know we a have busy lives but please drop by and let us know what's happening πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

Hello lovely ladies - just a quick note to say hello and to wish you all a happy weekend. 

xxxx

Alibobs i second thst re TN and as Shi says its treatable just hsrsh treatment unfortunately but we are on the other side of it now which proves that research has given TN ladies a much better outcome these days πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ glad you told your friend about the bccf she will find there is a few of us knocking about i hope she does where lots of the lovely ladies on here will give her a virtual hug, hope you are feeling better after your meeting it does shake you up when you find out someone you have known a long time has a bc diagnosis xx

Just seen all the 'wear it pink day adverts on Facebook. That is Actually the date I was diagnosed last year 19th October! Can't believe thus year has passed so quickly!! Nearly time for my 1st mammo then! Gulp!! πŸ’–πŸ’–
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Alibobs 😘😘triple neg is treatable and glad you told your friend about bccf ❀️❀️Sounds lovely let you have very busy weekend πŸ‘πŸ‘have a safe journey and enjoy. Us Oct ladies had our πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺin London last weekend it was β€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•Ίso I’m on the Sunbed in club Tropicana catching up on πŸ’€ as we didn’t get much πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£laughing, πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»Have great weekends beautiful ladies πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Well done on finishing your raidio therepy, do hope all is going smooth for you , my course finished in April and I had a rash or two afterwards....take care of yourself, from a twice breast cancer survivor, best wishes.
Community Champion

Alibobs

I was just saying to Colin it is about 10 degrees lower than it was two days ago here.  We have had thunder and some rain but it only lasted for a short time, still not enough to warrant me not watering tonight Smiley Sad

That sounds like you are going to have a fab weekend my friend.

I can imagine it did shake you, I would be the same, Lets hope she does come on here and we can support her in same small way

xxxx

Hi ladies hope you are all ok. Seems like summer is almost over today!!! 😣 off up to hartlepool tomorrow to visit my youngest son!! Got a group of 8 friends coming with us for the night, should be a fun weekend whatever the weather. We are all staying on the marina there in the premier inn and we are having a meal and drinks at my son's pub then off out after round the bars on the marina. Apparently it's Hartlepool carnival tomorrow too. How kind of them to put up the bunting for our visit!!!!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. On a serious note I just bumped into an old school friend who I haven't seen for years. She was wearing a chemo cap!! We hugged and cried, in the middle of morrisons much to her hubby 's embarrassment!! My heart aches for her. She is triple neg stage 3. Told her my own story
In brief but definitely felt so humble and thankful that I only had lumpectomy, rads and hormone inhibitorsπŸ˜“. I told her about this forum and she may use it. Shook me up seeing her. πŸ’”πŸ’”

It’s great isn’t it? I’m off to see it for the second time tomorrow. 

So I had my second 6-monthly bisphosphonate infusion on Thursday. Was slightly dreading it as I felt awful after the first one in January but actually, it was ok. The staff said that the first one tends to be the worst in terms of side effects; thereafter your body is more used to it.

Hope you are all keeping well and enjoying the hot weather.

xxxx

Good afternoon ladies! Hope you are all well. There are some ladies who seem not have posted on here for a while I do hope everyone is ok. I went out with some friends last night to see the new mamma Mia film. It wss fab! Felt like getting up and dancing along to the music!! Top tip if you do go see it take some tissues!! My friends and I were in floods of tears at the end!!! πŸ’–πŸ’–

Lovely ladies - just a quick Monday morning hello. Haven’t posted in a wee while (manic work schedule) but I always follow this thread. 

Sending hugs to all.

xxx

Community Champion

Shi

Dont worry I will be.  I have my mum coming over in two weeks, she is staying with my brother, and we are going to spend a lot of mum and daughter quality time together.  I am also going out with some friends in the evening over the coming weeks so looking forward to that as well.

xx