Re: Club Tropicana - Pull Up A Chair and Chill

[ Edited ]

Hi Alibobs,

I'm relieved to hear your manager is fully aware of your breast cancer and treatment, etc. and witnessed the laughing. It sounds like she is taking the necessary steps to help you-you're not super sensitive. I'm disgusted that your colleague treated you that way given they are aware of your illness. Woman Frustrated

Your reactions are perfectly normal for someone who was so competent at their job and who's brain (for good reason) is letting them down. Hopefully, once you are back at work consistently, and for some time you will gain your confidence back and show them why they hired you in the first placeSmiley Happy. And once you've been back for a while, your brain will start behavingSmiley Happy. Sometimes we just need to re-wire ourselvesSmiley Happy

xxx

Community Champion

Jobey, my turn in January for the big birthday too! My "kids" are 21 and 22.  I now look forward to hitting another birthday, no longer worried about loss of youth, more concerned about staying alive and grateful to see another birthday.  xx

Community Champion

Alibobs, I agree with Marla, this is awful and you should have a chat with your line manager.  Why are people laughing and being so horrid after all you've been through.   xx

Hi Marla thank you for your kind reply.πŸ’–πŸ’–. Yes my manager is fully aware of everything and she was sat behind me today when this occurred. All my team know I have been off sick with BC. I do not want them to treat me with kid gloves but a bit of respect and consideration would be nice! I had private words with my manager who has agreed to reshuffle the team and make sure I am sat with someone who will act as my sole point of reference when I go back. I guess that's all I can ask for really. Think I am super sensitive to everything just now. Thank you again for helping me feel better xxxx

Hi Alibobs,

It broke my heart reading about how awful this person was to you at work for laughing in your face. Does your manager know about your BC and are *they* understanding? It may be sensible to tell your manager about the person who was awful to you today, and maybe even take the initiative and say to that person "I know you must think I'm scatty but I've had a lot of medical treatment over the last year and my brain is not working as it was-please be patient with me-it would really help me out"-something to that effect. I honestly think that people are plain stupid. And they can be nasty in the workplace. It's hard to be assertive when you feel like crying but perhaps when you return from leave you can have that chat with the awful person or with your manager (and have your manager speak to some of the team)-I don't know what industry you work in but there is no reason they need to be so nasty.

Thinking of you and hoping you have a wonderful time away...

xxxx

Aww Juliewulie thanks so much for replying. I am 61 and have to work until I'm 66 too. It's worrying as I don't think I can stick it out that long but definitely need my wage!! Hoping things will calm down again when I go back. My manager promised me support on my return to work but apart from phased return that seems to be sadly lacking!! Sorry to hear about you having shingles. I've heard they are really painful you poor thing. Sending you gentle hugs πŸ’–πŸ’–

Hi Alibobs

Glad you had a nice holiday. I feel for you regarding work. I am at the same point as you ( had my op a year next week) and am in two minds as to whether to go back to work. I fall into the age bracket where I will have to work until I'm 67 to receive my state pension. I'm 55 now. It's a big decision as to what to do. If I had been in your situation I too think I would have burst into tears. I can also understand about your concern regarding not hearing about your mammogram yet as neither have I and it's on my mind. I had a GP appoinment today as haven't been too good and discovered I have Shingles on my scalp. More awful SE's apparently-great!! It seems to be one thing after another with me. 

Try to have a nice week off next week and forget about it. Easier said than done I know.

xx

That should say fantastic holiday!!!!!

Hello lovelies!! Helena good to hear you are on the road to recovery!! Well I had a fantastic hissy in Cuba with my family. We went for a wedding which was beautiful!! So back to work again still on phased return. Had a complete and utter meltdown today!! Having been off work 10 mth b4 I returned in September and then using up accrued leave I have not had much time in the office. Things have changed and moved on a great deal since I went of sick. I am feeling lost!! The team ihave been told to sit with are not very approachable. I have to ask how to do everything because i habe forgotten!! My brain has turned to mush!! Today I was so confusedand receiving different instruction from different people I questioned this. Result was I got my head bitten off and that person laughed in my face when I tried to explain I did not understand. This made me break down and cry!! Felt stupid, still do!!! My manager has now sent me home to come back on after a weeks leave which I am booked for next week. Tomorrow is a year since my op. I haven't yet had a mammo appointment. This too is on my mind!! Today has been a bad day!! Thanks for listening xxx
Community Champion

Bless you Mai! I was a youngish mum many years ago, my boys are 27 and 29 now and I turned 50 this year πŸ™ˆXx

Community Champion

Jo

Honestly I am didnt intend to do as much yesterday but it was lovely and an easy stroll, felt soooo good to be outside.  We are only doing a very short walk tomorrow, weather permitting and then going for lunch.  I have a couple of "dates" lined up over the coming weeks with my girlfriends, which is giving me something to look forward to.  It will be interesting going out for dinner at night to see how long I can stay aware for Smiley Happy Smiley Happy xxx

Community Champion

Jo, I always thought you was a young mum and the pic was you and your baby! Didnt realise you're a gran. Well done.  Yes I too am grateful for everything I experience now.  My daughter graduated in the summer and I felt like one of those emotional mothers because it was a really big deal to still be here. x

Well done ladybowler.  As Jo said, little and often...... x

Thanks to both of you for your support ever since I first came on here in a bit of a flap!

Community Champion

Your going great guns Helena but slow and steady wins the race remember! 🐒🐰

Community Champion

Yes that's my overriding emotion too, have seen both sons marry and welcomed our first grandchild since my diagnosis and I'm so very thankful for this Xx 

Community Champion

Mai

I am 4 weeks post op today, yay.  I am getting better and stronger every day, although might have overdone it a little yesterday as I went for a walk with my friend, did 2600 steps but I didnt half sleep last night, did 6 straight hours then up for a wee, back to bed and slept for another 2, that is the most I have done at one time since my op. xxx

Community Champion

Thanks Jo, in some ways it gets easier.  I have a consultation on Friday regarding recon (I was on delayed due to inflammatory factor and large diffuse tumour) but I'm just glad to be aliiiiiiiive!  xx

Community Champion

Thanks Ladies, I hope you are both doing well too.  You must be at least high speed shuffling by now ladybowler? x

Community Champion

Getting that first year under your belt Mai is a huge milestone and does wonders for your confidence going forwards πŸ’ͺ Jo Xx 

Community Champion

Mai

Well done and congratulations xx

Oh Mai well done πŸ‘ im sure that mammo will be fine what a lovely milestone for you πŸ’–