Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Club Tropicana - Pull Up A Chair and Chill

Spider woman and Alibobs πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»Festivals you’ve attended sound great, glad you both had great time, hi mishy hope it’s cooled down a bit with the rain over the weekend 😘😘 we’ve certainly been having it glorious in club Tropicana haven’t we 🌞🌞🌞🌞 bit of livin la Vida locka by Ricky Martin on the decks who’s up for a πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•Ίthat’s you too ladybowler take 5 away from all the planning β€οΈβ€οΈπŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx
Community Champion

Alibobs

Yep it has been interesting bowling on some days.  We played last Sunday at 10.30am thinking it would be so much cooler, wrong!! by the time we finished 3 hours later the sun was relentless.  We all got excited on Tuesday evening as it went very cloudy and they were black clouds.  None of us were going to get our waterproofs if it did, unfortunately they blew over without dropping anything.  The other side of this weather is that the greens!! are very dry so are like grease lightening, its like playing on an indoor carpet and trying to keep your bowls on the green is a struggle.

Good to hear that mate, make sur eyou do, it will be hard on you for a while.  Also a tip keep up your water intake levels, I still do even two years later and I know on days when I havent as I get home and fall asleep.

Got my op date now for 18 September so I will be on an enforced 6 week "holiday".  Starting to get everything ready for then, I am afraid I am a planner and need to make sure everything is sorted so that I dont mither about it.

We have the breeze here but it is very very humid, currently sitting in the lounge with the patio doors and front door wide open to try and create a through draught

xxx

Hi Helena hope you are well. Yes I'm returning on phased return. Don't worry I intend to do as little as possible for as long as possible!!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Think the bloods were also for kidney and liver function so win win!!! Mishy sure is hot here tonight!!! Not like me to complain about the heat but there just isn't any breeze!!!phew!! The brow thing sounds good!! Could the pins and needles in your back be due to a trapped nerve or something? Hope it turns out ok anyway!! Helena don't you go worrying about September yet!! Enjoy the next couple of months of this glorious summer. Can't believe how lucky we have been!! Mind you bowling must be tough in this heat!! Take care πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

Evening ladies isn't it hot 😨 off to local Maggies for a Charlotte Tilsbury event with brow bars pampering make overs etc its to raise money for Maggies so for a good causes they have helped me in so many ways wanted to show some support plus could do with a bit of pampering although not sure if i want anyone to touch my brows getting really attached to them now they are back!!!
Mentioned at GPS today about some pins and needles type stuff in upper back being sent for MRi to be on safe side with recent history of bc his words so looks like this is a new normal tests if you have any symptoms which otherwise would be put down to other things at least they are being vigilant but all the same i must have cost the NHS a fortune hopefully it will cool down tonight xx
Community Champion

Alibobs

That is great news.  I must admit I have not had an annual blood test for calcium either, I take a VitD/calcium tablet twice a day.  Mind you I have had enough blood tests in the last few months to last me a lifetime I think, and I am having another set at the end of August prior to my hysterectomy in September so I am sure it would have shown up if there was a problem.

I am assuming you are going back on a phased return to work, so make sure that you stick to it mate as you will need it xxx

Ps just had text from.gp to say blood tests were normal!! Yay!!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’–πŸ’–

Took them!!!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

So I attended the meeting with my managers at work. Just an Informal chit chat really!! Didn't see what benefit of that Was! Looking at retirn8ng to work late August early September. Visited my team and fook them chocolates.tbey seemed happy to see me and was good to catch up with some of them. However when I looked at them all I could see they are still under pressure and the confirmed nothing has changed since I've been off!! Oh well I'll.be the new girl again as my brain has definitely lost some cells this last 8 month!!! Deep joy!!!!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

Sorry that should read Mishy - stupid iPad!

Mushy/Alibobs - my job has been at risk for last 18 months and really get what you mean - like you I reckon stress probably plays a huge part. I find out this week what will happen to me and hoping redundancy payout allows me some time out to get fitter and balance out a bit after what can be best described as a roller coaster of a year.  It’s such an unnerving time knowing your job is at risk and such changes hang over you from the minute management communicate it’s happening until you find out what it means to you personally

Im having a blood test early Sept and Onco said it was to test for cancer related proteins - watch this space as will get results mid Sept - gulp! 

Im with you on the stress thing too Ali i was really stressed last year before diagnosis and wonder so im keen to wrap this business up sooner rather than later xx

Evening everyone hot and muggy but looks like it could lash down with rain and thunder i love a thunder storm β›ˆοΈ 🌧️🌩️
Well Ali i know how you feel re work ive got my redundancy consultation meeting on Friday looks like its definitely going to go ahead so jobless im beyond gutted bht im pleased i stood my ground and didn't go back when this is happening as it would have been far too stressful im just devastated to be unemployed never been in my life im worrying about the whole looking for a new job process and gutted they couldn't have found anything else for me
I suppose at least i can enjoy the summer but it really is bloody boring having nothing to do so to speak xx enjoy the heatwave i really feel for all of the girls going through their treatment atm i remember when it wa hot last summer when i was having chemo it was uncomfortable so i hope they are all coping with this heat 🌞🌞🌞🌞

Morning lovelies!! So today I have to have blood tests done. My gp says it's an annual check up to see if I have too much calcium in my blood!! Anyone else had this? I'm on calcium tablets due to taking anastrozole. Never knew you have too much of it!! I'm feeling a bit low today. Got a meeting a work tomorrow with managers always find it daunting. Return to work is looming and it makes me sad!!! Really really wish I didn't have to. Can feel my stress levels rising already. Sure it had a contributory factor in my diagnosis!!! So angry that as a waspi woman I have to work an extra 5 years now b4 I get a pension. Have been robbed by successive governments!!!! Hope you all ok and enjoying this beautiful summer πŸ’–πŸ’–

Hello lovely ladies. Phew, it is hard doing working in this heat. So I went to see the new Mamma Mia movie yesterday and had a great time - thoroughly recommended if you liked the first one. But have a tissue on hand - it gets a bit teary towards the end.

xxx

Saw not daw!! Stupid phone!!🀣

Oh wow spiderwoman I love paloma faith!!! Daw Marc Almond at an 80s festival a few weeks ago he was great!! I do hope my blue blob fades soon. The scar is bad enough without having to look at that in the mirror!!πŸ€”..yes it's a hot one here tonight too!!!πŸ˜₯πŸ’–πŸ’–

Hi Alibob, Bootleg Beatles sound fab My blue bit is still there after 6.5 months - looks like a bruise, think you may be going for a world record though πŸ˜‚. @ Shi, I’m great thanks - spent the day at Nottingham’s finest festival Spendour. Some great acts including Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Bjorn Again, Marc Almond and Paloma Faith - loving that we are having proper summer, could do with a Club Tropicana pool in the garden though to cool off πŸŒŠπŸ–

Hope everyone else is well and enjoying the Summer β˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈ

Hope everyone is keeping well. I'm shattered today! Went to a race night at Pontefract race course last night and saw the Bootleg Beatles perform after. Was a fantastic night out with plenty of bubbly and a lot of boogieing!!!!!! On a different note I still have my blue blob 9 months down the road anyone else?? πŸ’–πŸ’–

Hi Shi thank you for asking about my late mum's friend. She has just messaged me to say she has had an ultrasound and they found some small tumours which they consider to be benign. However one is giving cause for concern so she has to have it drained next week?? She is in USA so not sure of their processes. Bless her she had a mastectomy in 1995 and has had a couple of recalls since but is now worried she has BC again.
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Rosietd that’s wonderful centre court fabulous and glad your date went well too, that’s ❀️❀️❀️ You are definitely on the trampoline park in club Tropicana, bouncing and somersaulting all over the place having a great time 😁😁😁😁lovely to hear. Spider woman how you getting yourself on lovely? Alibobs hope your mums friend is doing ok sending our ❀️❀️❀️I’m just on the sun lounger watching our resident hedgehog have his evening walk πŸ¦”πŸ¦”πŸ¦”πŸ¦”πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨shi xx