61278members
323124posts
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Club Tropicana - Pull Up A Chair and Chill

Re: Club Tropicana - Pull Up A Chair and Chill

Any of you ladies 'older birds' like me? Just wondered if anyone on anastrozole and how it's going for you? My energy levels are definitely recovering almost 6 weeks after rads, had a wardrobe clear out this morning 3 **bleep** bags full of crap not been worn for ages will be dropping off at charity shop tomorrow!! Walked just short of 9000 steps this aft, called to see my eldest boy and his family and received an invitation to a friend of his wedding....in Cuba!!! My son is the best man!!Whoo hoo!!!! So happy have loads to look forward to now!! Just hope everything remains ok for me to be able to go with them. It's October so that will be exactly 1 year since I was dxd!!!! Hope everyone is feeling ok. Ps my sore spot on end of snb scar seems to be easing too!!πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—

Ps great progress Meesh on the bap sling, as you say small steps do mean so much on our road to normality ( albeit a new norm I find as I and others re-adjust ourselves in our friendships # some weird chats just recently 😩😳🀭) 

Thanks Meesh, seem to have caught a stinky cold rather than cold flushes judging by my runny nose! Lovely... now can’t decide if thermostat malfunction is that dirty rogue tamoxifen or a plain old bug! Watch this space, may have a day tomorrow by the Club T pool rather than in the office πŸβ›±πŸ€«πŸ˜‚

Hello ladies! Well we had a couple of days of sunshine and some slightly warmer weather but now it's back to being miserable today ☹️

Yesterday I harnessed my baps for the first time since starting rads, I was so excited πŸ€—πŸ€—, πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£I'm easily pleased these days! Really think I need to get out more πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ I must admit it felt a bit weird to start with and I did get some pains in my boob but other than that it was πŸ‘Œ 

Spiderwoman look out for the cold flushes too, no-one tells you about those πŸ™„

Karen, my aches are the same if I sit down for too long but once I get going again I'm ok apart from some aching in my hips if I walk for a while. Someone suggested it might be lack of vit d, I've started to take that now so I'll see how it goes.

Having a great weekend so far ladies of Tropicana?. Sounds like you have loads of fun stuff planned. I started on the tamoxifen yesterday so will no doubt start flushing like I’m in Tropicana for real over the next few days 😩

Totally know now what you mean re hospitals, had a big op 2/3 last year to remove some pre cancerous lumps and then the op to remove bc first week in Jan this year and all the fun that brings. Was saying to a friend starting the year not recovering from something will be a novelty going forward! 🀞🏻πŸ₯‚

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»Kylie minogues new tune raining glitter on the jukebox ladies πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•Ίβœ¨πŸ’ƒπŸ»βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨hope everyone has a lovely weekend πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Thanks Shi that's reassuring to know someone else is having a little problem in the pit area too!! I've been having Epsom salt baths and applying some 'magic' cream I bought in Goa. Hope it works!! Looks like we hsve turned a corner with the weather at last!!!! Spring had sprung and it signals rebirth and new beginnings!! Very apt for us all. Best wishes πŸ’—πŸ’—
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks dj Karana, mishy’s Shoutout for footloose is brilliant πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»Wooow wow wooow who footloose πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»Hope you are enjoying that sea air mishy 😘😘meesh, I love your hairdo, you were so πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺdoing cold cap and you’ve got your lovely hair still to prove it 😘😘is it me or does everyone else find that new money supermarket ad with the action men dancing to ce ce peniston finally funny? I keep picturing all is with our action men fuzz heads dancing to it instead of the action men dolls πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Great tune Shi....
https://g.co/kgs/xfQadN

Glad you all agree with me about going back to hospital....I thought I was just being a bit dramatic!!

My hairs growing really quickly and I got right excited yesterday as I had a piece sticking up πŸ˜‚ that mascara sounds fab Shi...I think I might need it! Let us know how you get on with the acupuncture Meesh, it’s my aches and pains that are annoying me more than the flushes....if I sit still for too long I get up like I’m an old lady πŸ‘΅

Hope you all have a good weekend....I’m going to a psychic evening tonite πŸ‘» then got a party in pub tomorrow which I’ve gotta cater for so will be busy with that!

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Evening ladies! Karen, I completely understand not wanting to go back to the hospital, I've still got one reiki session left but I can't bring myself to book it. I have booked some acupuncture though to see if that'll help fix my hot flushes 😊

Shi, the mascara sounds fab! Mishy, glad to hear you're doing ok. I had my first haircut last week, it's still a mess but better than it was. I've still got what I call my tidal wave on one side where my hair just sticks up πŸ˜• The hairdresser said it's where it's short and growing back.

Mishy, enjoy your holiday 😎😎

Sorry meant Shi who is is running for the sparkle Queen crown with Dj Karana oh i wish i could carry some sparkles of but im too much of a scruffy bag (a stylish one i may add!!)

Sgi sparkle mascara soubds fab you go girl your lashes will be back in no time as will your eyebrows i am so oleased its sunny will lift allour tmoods and give us some much needed vitamin D πŸ‘
The sore boob and armpit thing after rads is normal girl i still have shooting pains after all this time (jan) so i have been told its normal i still have fliud too under arm and in booby πŸ€”
My haur is at tge stage niw where i have bed head the girl who normally cits it wouldn't tidy it up as she said to even it all up it would look manly and severe no thanks now i have hair i don't want to look like a gadgie but it didn't bother me when i was baldy aa a coot πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Good song for club tropicana get the happy going a little bit of footloose πŸŽΆπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸŽΆ
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi alibobs, glad you had a good walk 😁😁😁and got some lovely plants 🌷🌹🌱🌱I’ve something similar too, felt it when creaming Perty after rads, I’m keeping eye on mine too, my 😎😎team rang yesterday as 2 week post finishing 😎😎😎check up and they said boob and area will be different for a while because of scar tissue but they didn’t want any massaging to be done for a while yet. Im going to see how things feel in a couple of weeks, then I’m ringing my bc nurse and going to get her to club Tropicana to discuss over 🍸🍸🍹🍹got a new ysl mascara today it’s black with glitter in it 😁😁😁 I promised myself it when my lashes were back which yehhhh they are 😁😁😁 Karana you do any courses and things in your own time and if you don’t fancy them then that’s ok, I don’t know about you, but I am more than ok with the love and support we get on here thanks with amazing 😁😁😁ladies who have been there every step of the πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Hi I walked my little legs off today!! It was just so nice to see the β˜€οΈ!! 9000 steps done!! Bought some bedding plants on my way back and planted them in some pits on my decking. A bit of brightness in the garden!!! Ermm a little embarased but ladies i have a sore raised lump under my arm at the end of the sentinel node scar!! Hope it's just a blocked follicle or something. Keeping my eye on it. Any thoughts?πŸ’—πŸ’—
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Mishy, have a lovely holiday 😁😁😁😘😘😘Karana πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»Glad you’ve had a nice time with your sister πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ we are in club Tropicana now πŸ–πŸ–πŸ–lets enjoy the pool and the 🍹🍹🍸🍸🍹🍹🍹alibobs is going for a walk in the woods behind the hotel, enjoy the sunshine alibobs πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘rozalla’s everybody’s free on the jukebox πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Alibobs i had axilla rads as well as breast mine is still numb get shooting pains and limitations in arm and shoulder movement i was told its a late effect of my rads also have some inflammation in ribs from it very common afterwards my surgeon told me x

Morning ladies what a lovely day it better stay like this i gi away for mini break in morning to Bamburgh with lots of beach walking eating fish and chips and relaxation don't mind if its a little cold but olease no rain or snow 😨
Karen its weird isn't feeling like that even though I finished rads and everything in Jan can you believe it i still get a funny feeling in tummy when i go to hospital had to go for my follow up a couple of weeks bacj and felt awful!!!!
Mu mammo is coming up in a couple of weeks feeling nervous about 1st one its nearly a year sibce i was diagnosis so feeling lucky to be here and surprised at how different i am now such alot has happened in a year wow πŸ€” keep dancing girls we bloody did it didn't we πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Also still numb in My armpit. Does that ever change??

Totally get what you say about going back! I got offered a moving forward course at the hospital by the bc nurse but I really don't want to go there!!! Hope every one is ok, 5 weeks out of rads and my skin is almost back to normal just a but dusky looking. Scars are fading a bit but not happy with the look of the one on my boob!! Guess I will have to learn to live with it. Blue splodge faded but still visible. Looks like we have sun today so I'm going out for a good long walk!! πŸ’—πŸ’—

Great tune Shi....but very annoying when you can’t get it out of your head....now I’ve put it back in there 🀣🀣🀣

https://g.co/kgs/pWzxaj

My my sisters gone home now and the flat seems very empty and quiet!  I was supposed to go to Big C Center today for reflexology but cancelled it yesterday.....it’s weird but I really didn’t want to go there....it’s been lovely not having to go to the hospital every day and got all panicky thinking I was going back 😱 do you understand that or am I just being stupid??

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Spiderwoman 😁😁glad you’ve had a good 🐣 too 😘😘😘bit of aha - take on me on the jukebox πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»Heard it in a shop the other day and can’t get the tune out of my head now πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Evening all, sounds like you have been busy too. Lots of friends and family for me too, do find I get tired in the evenings but suspect it’s because I’m off work on a staycation and forget to drink as much water 🀨

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸΉπŸΉπŸΈπŸΈπŸΉπŸΈπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»Whoop whooop dj Karana on the 🎀🎀🎀glad you’ve had a nice visit from sister πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Morning ladies.....sorry I’ve not been about....it’s been a busy Easter weekend in the pub and my sister has been here (she still is!) I feel almost back to normal, although just a bit tired!

DJ Karana is back in the room.....

https://youtu.be/1YTqmMDd3zs

Hope everyone else is doing ok....got another busy day today doing a few bits with my sister, she’s off home again tomorrow 😒

✨✨✨✨✨✨
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Bit of sunchyme by Dario g on in club Tropicana ladies πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx. Dj Karana we need you lovely ❀️❀️

Hi Kaz, well to Club Tropicana 🏝🏝🍹🍸πŸ₯‚πŸΎ pull up a sun lounger and relax! Hope everyone has a Good Easter 🐣 

Thanks ladies, hope you are all having a lovely Easter.

Kaz xx

Hi Kaz, well done on finishing your treatment πŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›Žtime to relax now you have made it to club Tropicana 🍸🌞
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Kaz πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘well done and bit of praise you by fat boy slim on round the pool today πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»Happy 🐣 everyone πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Hi Kaz that’s great news! Welcome to Club Tropicana and life after treatment. Happy Easter 🐣 

Hi everyone, 

I can officially join you all now in Club Tropicana, I rang the bell today (Thursday) for the finish of my rads! 

Happy Easter!

Kaz xx

Morning ladies! Great tune Shi πŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒ

Oh Shi! I suspect you and I are of a similar age! Again love your choice of tunes around the pool πŸŒ΄πŸ–

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Spiderwoman glad you’ve had a nice swim 😁😁hope everyone’s got lovely things planned for 🐣 Easter ❀️❀️ Bit of deeper love by clivilles and Cole on the jukebox ladies on the πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»Floor πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Great tune Shi, got me up dancing on my coffee table 🀣 watching Jane Macdonald in Cuba on playback and she’s just visiting Club Tropicana! I kid you not πŸŒ‡ This weekend has felt more like normality - swimming and then we had my neices for the afternoon - one is 2 going on 12 and other is 9 months. Great fun and they certainly keep me on my toes. Enjoying a well deserved glass of wine with Jane - cheers everyone πŸ₯‚

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Ali bobs glad you had a mucho gusto vacation πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»Right girls, it’s the weekend and club Tropicana is having a visit from club Ibiza dj this evening, so bit of free by ultra Nate on the jukebox πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

I'm not sure but I guess they will need to let me as they won't pay me for it. Xx
Community Champion

Alibobs

Well that might help to extend your phased return period, will you be able to take it after that has finished?

H xx

Your company sounds great Runnerbean! To be honest i wish I could be made redundant!! Would just be what I need to tide me over till state pension! Oh well carry on working instead!! πŸ˜“. Enjoy the water colour class sounds very relaxing! I've walked 5 miles today but my toes hurt now so onesie on and feet up!!
Community Champion

Runnerbean

That is really considerate of them reassuring for you I am sure and you are still getting paid so it gives you a bit more time to build up your strength.

Oh the watercolour class sounds interesting

xx

Looks like my return to work might be delayed a bit longer. We are only a team of 4 and one is being made redundant. They don’t want me to get caught up in the fallout so I’m to carry on just working from home a couple of hours each day until they have sorted things out. Oh well they are still paying me so I’m sure I will entertain myself. I’m off to a watercolour painting class tomorrow which should be interesting as I’ve not done art since school! xx
Community Champion

Alibobs

Good for you and that sounds a very sensible phased return and waiting until your have seen your surgeon a very good idea.

Helena xxx

Then they will owe me a month's annual leave which obviously i couldn't take due to being off sick!!

Hi Meesh73 and Helena thank you both for the good advice. I will make sure they do not push me back to work until I am quite ready. They already confirmed it will be on a phased return basis and that should last for 12 weeks. I only work 24 hours normally too but I am considering permanently reducing those a little bit too. I have a follow up appointment re the rads mid April and then I will have another appointment with my surgeon about 6 -8 weeks after. No decision about returning to work will be made until after those. I'm sticking to my guns ladies!!πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ xx
Community Champion

Alibobs

Well this angel!! and honestly I am far from being an angel Smiley Happy Smiley Happy, is going to give you a good talking to!!

You absolutely should not feel guilty about the time you have taken off work, t is not as if you have taken time off because you have had a cold or broken a leg, you have fought your battle with bc and are on the road back to full recovery, we all know that takes time.  You need to be on a phased return to work that has to work for you because this is about your own health and wellbeing.  Have they done an occupational health referral for you already, if not they should do so that that can take on the recommendations that they make.

I think I told you I only work part time as it is, 25 hours a week.  When I returned to work after my op, my boss along with the occupational health team, set it that I was only allowed to work 12 hours a week and only on 3 days.  This was carried on throughout my radiotherapy and then for a month afterwards I was increasing my hours and using annual leave to fill in the gaps. 

xxx

Alibobs, you take as long as you need to. I don't think anyone but us can understand the effect this can have on us and everyone is different. Don't let them bully you into going back before you're ready!

Good to hear from you all!! Had a little siesta this afternoon but went for a long walk this morning. 21 days since I left the big bap zapper house now so I am hoping things will settle soon. Helena you must have wings because you really are an angel!xx I too worry about how I will cope going back to work. Im looking at returning by July. My manager is doing another home visit on Monday with an HR rep in tow! Know it's just company policy but makes me feel really uncomfortable and a little guilty for taking so long off work!

Runnerbean, that's one reason I'm quite glad that I worked through chemo and rads. Although I did work from home quite a bit and I'm finding now that physically going into work is really interfering with my morning yoga and meditation not to mention socialising by the pool πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Welcome back Alibobs sounds like you had a ball! My nipple went quite sore then scabbed over. The scab fell off a couple of days ago and it looks fine underneath almost back to normal. I worked 2 days at the start of the week and am shattered now. Don’t know how I will cope when I’m back full time after 7 months away xx

Glad you had a fab time Alibobs, good on you! Meesh this working malarkey does rather get in the way of ones social life around the pool! It’s doing nothing for my half a bap tan πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£