Re: Club Tropicana - Pull Up A Chair and Chill

I totally agree Alibobs. I wish I'd taken some painkillers.
Xx

Helena aka Ladybowler gave me a tip ages ago to take a couple of painkillers b4 any procedure. I did that today and I think it dud help. It wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be!! Here's to the absolutely best results for us Juliewulie!!! 😘😘

Hi Alibobs
Had mine too. I found it quite painful as they squashed "it" right where I had my lump. I was told I could ring at the end of next week and get my results. I've also changed my BCN this week. Already I'm finding a difference and received some information. I think if I'd been treated like this before I would have coped better throughout.
Xx

Mishy18 that is my absolute favourite Xmas movie too!!!💖💖

Well I've just had my first annual mammo!! Hope you have managed too Juliewulie!! Wasn't too bad although I did have to spell out to the radiographer that yes 8 have has one before!!!! Anyway I expressed my concern that it may be painful due yo scar tissue etc and she got a colleague in to hell her do it manually. She did manage to squeeze my collar bone to death though and I have a lovely red mark there to show for it!! Waiting for results could be up to 4 weeks so just have to get on with stuff in the meantime and try not to fret!! Hope everyone is ok 💖💖

Haven’t done the tree yet but my Christmas CDs came out of the cupboard last weekend. My (relatively new) other half looked pretty appalled! We are merging two houses, so we have two lots of Christmas decorations. Suffice to say, I think the house will be looking very festive.

Wishing you all a happy weekend.

xxx

Yeah chucking it doon in the toon too 🌧️🌧️🌧️ more like tropical storm than club tropicana
Any of you ladies got your tree up yet? Apart from Shi 🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄 👍 i still haven't got all my decs bought im still in a quandary as to whether to ha a real one or not the look and smell gorgeous but im worried if it goes up too soon it will peg it before Christmas day and incase my dog drinks the water !!!!!
Need some cinnamon sticks and oranges im going all rustic this year!!! I hope it looks nice!!!! 🎄
Christmas hasn't officially arrived at ours unless we watch National lampoon's Christmas Vacation its a bit of a tradition in ours its hilarious.. They don't make films like that anymore 😂😂😂😂😂😂https://media.giphy.com/media/W4Yo3cN6V0Nhe/giphy.gif
Highlighted
Community Champion

rosie

Same here it has been pouring down and is very windy since the early hours, thought we had had all we were supposed to get yesterday, they are even forcasting thunder as well, very weird.

xxx

It’s not feeling very ‘tropicana’ this morning. The rain is pouring down and the wind is blowing. Time to hunker down with a coffee I think.

Just a quick note to say hello to everyone. Christmas is approaching with alarming speed and I am hoping it will be a much happier Christmas this year versus last year. I have decided to do my bit this year and to that end, I am volunteering in my local Tesco on Saturday to encourage customers to buy an extra item for the local food bank. My way of giving a little something back.

Happy Thursdays to all.

xxx 

Thanks spider woman that s sensible and helpful

Serenity, I would say listen to your body,  when it says no then it means no. I had lumpectomy and sentinel   node biopsy in Jan (quite minor in comparison to what some ladies have on here) and it’s taken me until now to feel totally up for life, even now if I have an overly busy day then I can get a little sore, day by day it gets easier 

Hi ladybowler

i know I need to push myself to exercise but just feel tired most of the time. It’s been just 3 weeks since right side  WLE and 1x snlb and 1 xaux node operation  and meeting oncologist next Monday to plan 15 radiology sessions in December. I do usually play indoor bowls  but apart from that do little else though still work P/t . Do you have any idea when I can start to play bowls again. ( am right handed  and have aches in arm and some pins needles in hand I hope that wears off soon with the exercises) 

serenty 18

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Happy belated birthday spiderwoman 🎂🎂 and we’ll done with the running 👍👍👍Rosie, aren’t you tempted to just M&S it? They have a right good selection or a booths if you have one of those near you again right good selection 😋😋😋 we’ve got to get the tinsel and the 🎄up soon in club Tropicana 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻Girls, time to ✨✨✨✨💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Belated happy birthday from me too!

xxx 

Community Champion

Spiderwoman

Belated happy birthday to you, sounds like you were totally spoiled xxx

Hi Ladies, so fab that you are all doing well. Busy week for me as it was my birthday so lots of treats and fun. Have started running again so downloaded the Couch to 5k App as starting from zero fitness, it’s hard work though 🏃‍♀️

Community Champion

Shi

I promise I am but also need to push myself a bit as well.  I can not believe that it will be 6 weeks on Tuesday since I had my op, I remember thinking how on earth I was going to get through it and how i would cope, well I have and I did, I am amazed how resilient our bodies can be, as long as we listen to them.  Girls like everything we have been through there is a bright shining light at the end of that tunnel

xxxx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

🤣😂🤣😂🤣mishy 😘😘😘is forgotten how 😷😷😷🧣🧣🧣🧣we all were last year, we had a right arsenal in our handbags didn’t we 🤣😂🤣😂🤣I even used to carry my bum cream and plastic gloves and baby bitty wipes everywhere too 🤣😂😘😂🤣😂that Christmas market sound divine, enjoy yourself and don’t think about op mishy, you just have fun 🤪🤪🤪 ladybowler that’s great youvechad a lovely day out, please rest up tho, you are still mending 👭👭hi juliewulie and Alibobs 😘😘spideewoman, saw a lovely spider handbag in tk maxx today and thought of you, hope you are well k 😁tune on the jukebox ‘golden’ by kylie minogue 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻😁😁😁💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx
Community Champion

Mishy

Hiya, bowls outdoor do not start until April next year, the season is 6 months long, so I have plenty of time to get fully back up to strength.  It will be interesting to see what difference this makes to my bowling in terms of bending and the discomfort I used to be in at the start of the season with my hip, which I had never put down to what was going on inside me with my womb, but now I wonder if it was as the discomfort was getting more and now it has completely gone.

Oh your weekend sounds wonderful and suh a difference from last year xx  My friend took me out today to a garden centre and a craft centre, we had breakfast and shopped til we dropped.  I am knackered tonight but it is all about building up my strength.

Ah thank you Mishy18 - we are planning a family Christmas (he has three grown up sons), so I will be in my element doing turkey and 52 veg for lunch.

Still cannot believe the difference one year has made and I am sooooo grateful to be in the position I am now in.

Love to all.

xxx

P.S. Still making chutney .....