cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Club Tropicana - Pull Up A Chair and Chill

Community Champion

Re: Club Tropicana - Pull Up A Chair and Chill

Shi

I promise I am but also need to push myself a bit as well.  I can not believe that it will be 6 weeks on Tuesday since I had my op, I remember thinking how on earth I was going to get through it and how i would cope, well I have and I did, I am amazed how resilient our bodies can be, as long as we listen to them.  Girls like everything we have been through there is a bright shining light at the end of that tunnel

xxxx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

🤣😂🤣😂🤣mishy 😘😘😘is forgotten how 😷😷😷🧣🧣🧣🧣we all were last year, we had a right arsenal in our handbags didn’t we 🤣😂🤣😂🤣I even used to carry my bum cream and plastic gloves and baby bitty wipes everywhere too 🤣😂😘😂🤣😂that Christmas market sound divine, enjoy yourself and don’t think about op mishy, you just have fun 🤪🤪🤪 ladybowler that’s great youvechad a lovely day out, please rest up tho, you are still mending 👭👭hi juliewulie and Alibobs 😘😘spideewoman, saw a lovely spider handbag in tk maxx today and thought of you, hope you are well k 😁tune on the jukebox ‘golden’ by kylie minogue 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻😁😁😁💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx
Community Champion

Mishy

Hiya, bowls outdoor do not start until April next year, the season is 6 months long, so I have plenty of time to get fully back up to strength.  It will be interesting to see what difference this makes to my bowling in terms of bending and the discomfort I used to be in at the start of the season with my hip, which I had never put down to what was going on inside me with my womb, but now I wonder if it was as the discomfort was getting more and now it has completely gone.

Oh your weekend sounds wonderful and suh a difference from last year xx  My friend took me out today to a garden centre and a craft centre, we had breakfast and shopped til we dropped.  I am knackered tonight but it is all about building up my strength.

Highlighted

Ah thank you Mishy18 - we are planning a family Christmas (he has three grown up sons), so I will be in my element doing turkey and 52 veg for lunch.

Still cannot believe the difference one year has made and I am sooooo grateful to be in the position I am now in.

Love to all.

xxx

P.S. Still making chutney .....

Hi ladies glad to hear everyone is getting along just fine Helena glad you are recovered from your op how long is it till you get back to your bowling not too long i hope
Shi i am going to the Christmas Village in Newcastle this weekend it looks fab, a bavarain indoor beer garden complete with an open roaring fire, oompah band,loads of lovely food with a huge Christmas tree in the centre of village which also has a grotto, ice rink, (no skating for me 😨) lots of craft and Christmas stalls to enjoy as well Newcastle has certainly pulled the stops out this year as we have a huge Christmas market too in city centre with local and international stsll holders again lots of food chocolate and festive gifts hitting that this Wed although im sure i will be going more than once looking forward to Christmas this yeae even though i have my op looming its not spoiled by chemo and radiotherapy, this time and am relishing being able to shop around people without my scarf round my face 😂😂😂😂 theives oil on my hanky and boots first defense up my nose 😂😂😂
I do need people to carry the bags though 🎁🎅🎄
Rosie i bet you are looking forward to Christmas with your new partner how lovely 💖

Hi Alibobs ,Glad you eventually got your appoinment. You wouldn't think it would be so hard. I had a call from a friend this week who had her op in December last year and had  her mammogram begining of November. I admit she had her op in a different hospital to me.Let's hope we get our results pretty soon. The last thing I want is to worry over those for ages.

xx

Hi Juliewulie. Just to let you know after 6!! Phone calls and being passed from pillow to post I finally got an appointment date too , 30th November the same as You!!!! 💖💖💖
Community Champion

rosietd

Hello sounds like you have had a busy day and well done you celebrate how far you have com., A friend of mine always includes a jar of chutney in my xmas present, I love homemade presents. 

Thank you for your lovely thoughts, hard to believe that it is 5 weeks tomorrow since my op, I honestly do not know where the time has gone

xx

Just a quick note from me to say hello - I always keep an eye on this thread. 

Helena - sounds like you are making good progress. Well done you.

i have spent today making a LOT of chutney. No prizes for guessing what my stocking filler gifts will be this year. Such a difference to this time last year - I am very grateful and making the very most of it.

Love to all.

xxx

Community Champion

Juiewulie

Thats good news and lovely that she is going to be pro active and chase up ther esults afterwards xxx

Hi Helena and Alibobs
I contacted my BCN today and she's chased my mammogram for me. I was on the list and not forgotten. It's on 30th November. She even told me to contact her after a few days and she'd chase up the result for me.
Xx

No. I haven’t had a bone scan yet. I’m not too concernedSmiley Happy. Will have review with oncologist in the next month or so. xxx

So pleased for you Helena. You've come on leaps and bounds. Well done you.

I have to speak to my Oncologists Secretary on Monday anyway so will mention it to her. 

Thanks for your advice.

Xx

Community Champion

Juliewulie

In view of Alibobs experience I think I would ring sooner rather than later.

Doing even better in that my scar has finally completely healed so no more nurse apts and I can finally have a shower now instead of the top and tailing I have had to do for the past three and a half weeks xxx

Community Champion

Alibobs

Oh for god sake the sheer incompetence and it is totally unacceptable that you have to follow this up yourself, thank goodness you checked.  Well make sure you insist on being seen asap and that they do not try to fob you off that there is nothing availabe, it is their mistake.

xxxx

Community Champion

Marla, are they putting you on zoledronic acid too?  This usually goes with aromatase inhibitors to reduce the risk of osteoperosis and bone mets. x

Alibobs and Juliewulie, 

I couldn't agree with you more. Whenever I encounter anyone in a service/care industry, the first question I ask myself is "would I have you work for *me"? Nine times out of ten the answer is no. 

I, too, pride myself on my five star service to my clients....responding to enquiries promptly, spending time with them (they pay for 50 minutes-I see them for 50 or longer)-I don't cut sessions short which is what I've experienced in the BC arena.  

As soon as you walk through the "private" sector door in BC care, it seems they want to get as many patients through the door as possible; I never know how long my appointments are supposed to me but by god I do know how much my insurance co. is being charged. And I also know that my premiums will sky rocket next year.

I pride myself on working in the private sector and seeing *fewer* clients than I did on the NHS-this allows me to provide a quality service and maintain a work-life balance. As long as I earn enough to pay my bills I'm happy. I never set out to save the world or own a Ferrari. Smiley Very Happy

I've seen things from both sides now that I am a patient in the private sector and I must say-I do things so differently and I'm very proud of how I run my business. Good god. It's called Ethics. 

xxx

Hi Mai-thanks for the link (I'm entertaining my father this week so may only have a chance to read once he's left). It sounds like we have very similar presentations (I remembered this from when I first read one of your messages). As my consultant keeps saying, lobular cancers are "interesting". Mine is ductal but it appears as lobular...here there and everywhere which is why we won't know what surgery I will need until we know *how* it has shrunk. It *will* shrink, but we don't know *how*.  

My Onctotype Dx test score was 1 so chemo was never going to be part of my treatment plan; (a score of 25 and over suggests chemo and anything under suggests the risks might outweigh the benefits). My consultant assured me that a score of 1 is a good thing, so I'm not too worried about that. I'm aware I am simplifying things but it is my understanding that Letrozole does to Estrogen + tumours, what chemo does to non-Estrogen + tumours so I'm really not worried at all. We'll know more in a few months, if not a years' time. It does take time to shrink the cancer. I'm just trying to get my life back on track-a lot has been "undone" and I now need to rewind the clock to pre-August. Right now, it's a "wait and see" and "do nothing other than take Letrozole" approach so I'm very happy with the plan for now.

xxx

Thanks Alibobs
I agree I should ring just in case. It doesn't surprise me in the least the way you've been treated. I'm finding people are not capable of doing anything there days. I like you stress about work and make sure I do the best of my ability. We are in the minority it seems.
Xx
Community Champion

Marla, that sound like a good plan and you seem much less anxious now.  Hormone positive tumours don't have a high response rate to chemo, mine only had a partial response after 8 rounds so I think trying the Letrozole could be a revolutionary move for hormone positive people.  Mine was scattered (diffuse) too and was primarily ductal with some lobular mixed so I had grown quite a magnificent masterpiece with an equal and opposing medical challenge.  We all grow a different masterpiece and the job of decoding what we have created isn't as clear cut as we'd like to think.  However, none of us intended to grow a tumour and I agree that the upheaval it causes for us is quite disturbing and we want everyone to understand that we have lost control of the fundamentals in our lives.   We're told we're ill and yet, suddenly we now have to work even harder to stay alive and not sink financially.   Like you, I have never been a person to take of much sick leave, in fact, I've never really suffered ill health until *this*.  I hope your Letrozole works well for you.  I still had to have the dreaded mx and I've now started consulation discussions on recon.  Keep us posted on how you're doing. In the meantime, this is a lovely read:  https://anticancerclub.com/inspiring-stories-from-cancer-survivors/dear-every-cancer-patient-ever-to... xx