Re: Club Tropicana - Pull Up A Chair and Chill

Morning lovelies!! So today I have to have blood tests done. My gp says it's an annual check up to see if I have too much calcium in my blood!! Anyone else had this? I'm on calcium tablets due to taking anastrozole. Never knew you have too much of it!! I'm feeling a bit low today. Got a meeting a work tomorrow with managers always find it daunting. Return to work is looming and it makes me sad!!! Really really wish I didn't have to. Can feel my stress levels rising already. Sure it had a contributory factor in my diagnosis!!! So angry that as a waspi woman I have to work an extra 5 years now b4 I get a pension. Have been robbed by successive governments!!!! Hope you all ok and enjoying this beautiful summer 💖💖

Hello lovely ladies. Phew, it is hard doing working in this heat. So I went to see the new Mamma Mia movie yesterday and had a great time - thoroughly recommended if you liked the first one. But have a tissue on hand - it gets a bit teary towards the end.

xxx

Saw not daw!! Stupid phone!!🤣

Oh wow spiderwoman I love paloma faith!!! Daw Marc Almond at an 80s festival a few weeks ago he was great!! I do hope my blue blob fades soon. The scar is bad enough without having to look at that in the mirror!!🤔..yes it's a hot one here tonight too!!!😥💖💖

Hi Alibob, Bootleg Beatles sound fab My blue bit is still there after 6.5 months - looks like a bruise, think you may be going for a world record though 😂. @ Shi, I’m great thanks - spent the day at Nottingham’s finest festival Spendour. Some great acts including Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Bjorn Again, Marc Almond and Paloma Faith - loving that we are having proper summer, could do with a Club Tropicana pool in the garden though to cool off 🌊🏖

Hope everyone else is well and enjoying the Summer ☀️☀️☀️

Hope everyone is keeping well. I'm shattered today! Went to a race night at Pontefract race course last night and saw the Bootleg Beatles perform after. Was a fantastic night out with plenty of bubbly and a lot of boogieing!!!!!! On a different note I still have my blue blob 9 months down the road anyone else?? 💖💖

Hi Shi thank you for asking about my late mum's friend. She has just messaged me to say she has had an ultrasound and they found some small tumours which they consider to be benign. However one is giving cause for concern so she has to have it drained next week?? She is in USA so not sure of their processes. Bless her she had a mastectomy in 1995 and has had a couple of recalls since but is now worried she has BC again.
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Rosietd that’s wonderful centre court fabulous and glad your date went well too, that’s ❤️❤️❤️ You are definitely on the trampoline park in club Tropicana, bouncing and somersaulting all over the place having a great time 😁😁😁😁lovely to hear. Spider woman how you getting yourself on lovely? Alibobs hope your mums friend is doing ok sending our ❤️❤️❤️I’m just on the sun lounger watching our resident hedgehog have his evening walk 🦔🦔🦔🦔💕💕✨✨✨shi xx

Lucky thing Wimbledon
Finally some rain fed up watering the pots twice a day as long as the sun comes out again tomorrow 🌞
Can't believe it's a year since i started my chemo where the hell did that year go wow 😨

So I spent yesterday afternoon sat on centre court at Wimbledon. Fabulous.

Please please please may life be on the up. The shadow of cancer always looms doesn’t it.

xxx

Community Champion

Otter

Lovely to hear from you, sounds like a very busy has been had by you xxx

Rosie thats lovely a blossoming romance hope you enjoy the third date to you go girl xx
Woah isits really hot tonight quite uncomfortable but enjoying summer all the same!!! Had a lovely evening with the family its my nieces 21st been fkr food then to the pub im still not drinking!!! But still enjoyed it had a few mocktails 🍸🍸🍸👍
Highlighted

Alibobs (and everyone else) - my date was lovely. So was the second one. And we have a third this coming week. Daring to believe that life might be on an upward trajectory at last.

xxx

Hi all

Been off the radar for a bit as returned to work in May 30th wedding anniversary and holiday in June and just had 3 month oncologist appointment 😌

Mishy don't return to work if you can manage without . I was expecting the new team to be in place when I returned but instead 2 had resigned and so has my line manager so a very unstable unhappy place . So I just go in do my 50% hours do as little as possible and wait to see what hair  brained scheme the new boss comes up with😞

I even find that hard and I admit I probably returned too soon but as I'm the only earner half pay wasn't an option but as I'm getting new side effects which oncologist things are caused by the Tamoxifen I will stay on reduced hours for another 3 months 

On a happy note my hair is starting to really grow although it  is very grey but also quiet wavy 〰 Il always had straight hair 😯😯

We had a few days a way in Guernsey for our 30 in a posh hotel so was able to relax and unwind

Hope you are enjoying the sunshine🌞🌞👒👒🕶🕶

Although the heat isn't helping with the hot flushes

Hope you all have a great weekend xx

Anyway rant over i hope everyone in de club is loving life at the moment apart from the job stuff i am x

What a shame about England my return to work has been well and truly scuppered was looking forward to it but to cut a long story short when i went to chat to my boss about going back in June i was hit with the you and all the others whi do your job in the company are having your role dissolved in phase 2 for this so for me not till October right near the end of what should have been the phased return they are offering a different post but its as a care worker!!! How the hell they think i cab do that is beyond me so in order to get my redundancy im niw going to have to stay on the bloody sick there is ni no way im going back to have notbing in 3 months time x

Thanks Shi but I'm not back to work until August!! Rosietd how did your date go?? Hope it made you feel special!!! Hope all are well. Weather here a bit cloudy today so feeling at a loose end as not out in the garden! Will be walking later followed by spin class!Shame England didn't win last night was looking forward to a knees up on my local on Sunday!!💖💖
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Rosietd 🕺👍👍😁😁😁😁💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺brilliant news for you Darling ❤️❤️❤️Mishy my brca took nearly 3 months to come through, so keep 💪💪💪I know you are. Alibobs take it steady going by back to work it’s easy to over do it, I know you’ll be fine though 😘😘💕💕✨✨✨shi xx

Good to hear this great news rosietd! 💪💪💖💖💖

Lovely to hear that Rosie its such a relief isn't it xxx
Looking forward to going for a walk today with the ladies from my where now group it will be good to have a catch up and see how everyone is getting on
Heres hoping England win today i think everyone has got football fever i know they have in mine
Still no Braca results yet for me yet
Enjoy the sun ☉ although its a little cooler still lovely xxx