cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Club Tropicana - Pull Up A Chair and Chill

Community Champion

Re: Club Tropicana - Pull Up A Chair and Chill

Alibobs it really doesn't hurt, just a bit of squashing , ive had 3 post treatment now and they are as gentle and a quick as they can be so don't worry Xx Jo 

Community Champion

Mishy mine took over 4 weeks last year, surgeon was off sick then on holiday and no one else could write them up apparently, and they couldn't possibly tell me any news about myself over the phone, heaven forbid!! And although I was reassured that this wouldn't happen again this year and I would definitely get them within 14 days they still took 19 🙄 I'm sure all will be well but that's not the point, think they should have to walk a day in our shoes then things may be different Xx Jo 

Evening ladies pleased to hear mammo went well my results from mine still not back ywt its nearly 4 weeks must be fine but still not the point xx

May I ask if the mammo was painful? I'm not due one until November but it makes me cringe just thinking about it after all we have been through. I wish you the very best result. 💖💖💖

Mammograms done. Now we wait. They have scheduled an appointment for me with my surgeon as he gets the results (rather than them sending me a letter). Next Tuesday at 6.15pm is when I will see him, so just got to wait until then.

Surprisingly emotional. I guess it brings it all back, especially as these are my first mammograms since diagnosis.

Huge thanks to all you lovely ladies for your support - it means a great deal.

xxx

That’s so kind of you all. Appointment is at 2.30pm so trying to fill the time between now and then with my work - but failing miserably at the moment! I will update later.

xxx

Meant to say Good luck there Rosie 💪👍

Goif luck for your mammo Rosie had mine June still waiting for results im figuring no bews is good news but still keeping us waiting as long for results is a bit if a liberty!!!
Song for the jukebox def has to be footballs coming home first version 🦁🦁🦁👍🇫🇴🏃🌎🏆 whoo hoo!!!!
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Rosietd ❤️❤️❤️👭👭👭👍👍👍for tomorrow darling, please let us know how you get on, were waiting for you to get back to club Tropicana from your afternoon out tomorrow 💕💕💕✨✨✨shi xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi lady bowler 😁😁 beautiful weather we’ve got its club Tropicana 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻Sue bought it back from Bulgaria with her 👍👍👍well done sue 🌞🌞🌞🌞rosietd, lets get that tune in for you my Lovely, i’ll Get do Karana out of the jacuzzi and get her back on the decks for you, let us know what you want playing for you 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻Hope everyone is enjoying this 🌞🌞🌞🌞💕💕✨✨shi xx

Thank you so much for your moral support.

Getting really very nervous now. Mammograms are on Wednesday afternoon.

xxx 

Community Champion

Shi

I meant to tell you, I was listening to Radio 2, well somebody has to, the other day and they played Club Tropicana, made me grin like somone demented as I thought of all you lovely lot and this thread.

Helena xxx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Rosietd❤️❤️❤️👍👍👍for this week darling were 👭👭👭here and your turn to call the tune for club Tropicana so we can have it playing for you ready to 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻When you get back from mammo 💪💪💪you’ll be fine 😘😘💕💕✨✨shi xx

I was diagnosed in October 2016 and have used the services Penny Brohn offer throughout my treatment and beyond. I’m lucky enough to only be 20 min drive from their national centre. So through my chemo and rads I went to the weekly yoga class and I’ve done both the Living Well course and the Approach. They certainly helped me overcome a huge psychological barrier I had with coming to terms with my diagnosis. I hope you enjoy you’re time there.

Sorry - that should have been Penny Brohn. My iPad spell checker could not cope with that!

xx

A quick weekend hello to the lovely ladies who were going through this journey at the same time as me (and indeed everyone else). My first annual mammograms are scheduled for the week after next - wow, one year on already. How the heck did that happen?

I am currently on a 6 week break from Anastrozole - alas had some significant side effects which did not improve, so back at the oncologist on Monday to get me sorted out. Everyone reacts differently so I am hoping a new tablet will help. Otherwise I find it is the psychological barriers which are hardest to address. I am heading to the Penny Brown centre in Bristol in early July - their work sounds really holistic and supportive, so hoping that will help. 

xxx

Hello ladies, haven't been on for a while. Good to hear everyone's doing ok. Alibobs that festival sounded fab wish I could've gone, love a bit of 80s 🎶🎵🎶🎵

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Helena ❤️❤️Bit of sweets for my sweet by the searchers on the jukebox especially for you darling 👭👭💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺alibobs, sounds like you had a blast 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺🕺what a line up, you lucky thing, being an 80’s chic too shame I missed that 😘😘💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx
Community Champion

Hi girls just popped in to wish you all well

Helena xxx

Community Champion

Jencat

Honestly you are still early days after active treatment it does get better, one day you will suddenly realised that you have done more than you had been and it is the realisation that you have turned the corner.

xxx

Oh Shi it was Fantastic!! Toyah Wilcox, M people, Marc Almond, ABC, Boomtown rats, Aswad, Black lace, The real thing, to name but a few! We laughed, sang, danced, and got wet in the sudden rain shower. What a brilliant day! Electric atmosphere and Adam Ant can still stand And deliver!!!!! 💖💖
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Alibobs, hope you’ve had your handbags in the middle andvyiur white stilettos and bubble perm wigs in and loved a bit of ant music and tell me why they don’t like my Monday’s and all the other acts that have been on the 80’s festival 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻Hope you’ve 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻And 🎤🎤🎤your leg warmers off 😁😁😁😁💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Hi Sillyb, I started on Tamoxifen at Easter. I take it before I go to bed and have no ill effects on it.  I was dreading starting it and have been pleasantly surprised 

Take your time Jencat. I found one of the hardest times to be when the active treatment ended or at least slowed down. You suddenly feel very on your own (although of course you aren’t because the medical team are always there if you need them). I also had a lot of fatigue, which was my body telling me to slow down. I worked through all my treatment, so I guess it was always going to hit me at some point.

But how time flies. I have just received my appointment letter for my first annual mammogram. Wow, one year on already.

Sending you big hugs.

xxx

Hello Rosie Smiley Happy So sorry I've been meaning to answer your pm. How are you, hope you're ok?

I finished 61/2 weeks of rads on Tuesday! In a funny sort of way I was quite sad to finish as it gave me a bit of security! My head is telling me I can do more than I really can, still haven't got much stamina yet, but it's early days and I think I'm trying to run before I can walk! xx

I finished my treatment on Wednesday.  Started taking the oestrogen inhibitor and Vitamin D/calcium yesterday, only 4 years 363 days to go.  Can anyone tell me if they have had any side effects.

Aha I spot a name I know! How are you Jencat?

xxxx

Might be a bit of Wham playing. Pat Sharp is doing a set so he will be rolling all the 80s hits out!! Can't wait!! Hope you are all well 💖💖💖

So ladies I'm off to an 80s music festival in Leeds tomorrow. Lots of oldies but goodies appearing. Adam and the ants and the boomtown rats to make a few! It's a ladies do with 5 of my friends and we are wearing fancy dress!!! Lol!! Illuminous leg warmers at the ready!! Should be a great day just hope the rain spares us!! Swear my friends were criminals in a former life!! They have some ingenious ideas for smuggling in alcohol.😂😂😂😂

Thank you Alibobs and Mishy Smiley Happy You're right Mishy about taking things slowly, my head is telling me I can do stuff, but I'm discovering I haven't got the energy yet xx

Hello everyone, I've come to join you all at long last! Smiley Happy xx (Don't think I can fit into the hotpants though! Or if I could, it definitly wouldn't be a good look!)

Thank you for the comfy sunlounger Chaffinch, it's just what I need! Smiley Happy xx

I had mislaid this thread. 🙄.
Well done Jencat, extra comfy lounger for you xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Alibobs 🏖🏖🏖so glad you’ve had scotchio time in Rhodes, yammas 🍹🍹and you bought the 🌞🌞🌞back with you, thanks lovely 😁great tune mishy, we need to get dj Karana out of her nail hut and back on the dj decks, we’ve been 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻To the sound of the sea in club tropicana. Love to everyone, hope you’ve all got some holidays and nice things planned. I’ve had a bit of a shoe buying frenzy 🤪🤪🤪just in case I wear pairs out doing all the 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Welcome Jencat celebrate the feeling of being on the treatment treadmill.. Bht also be kind to yourself you have been through a long haul and need to take your steps to recovery nice and slow but for now get your hot pants in and celebrate... Song for the week has to be Beyonce girls 💪💪💪💪

Congratulations on joining us in the club Jencat!! It's a wonderful feeling! Thank you everyone who sent me birthday wishes. I'm back from My holiday in Rhodes. The weather was scorchio!! Mind you it's still grand at home just sunning in the garden b4 my pump class!!!Hope you are all well💖💖

My last day at rads tomorrow girls and then I can join you on here! Smiley Happy xx

Can't wait to wear my glitter hotpants Shi (although don't think I'll fit into them!) Smiley Happy 2 more sessions to go! xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jencat 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻Get those dancing shoes 👠👠👠on my lovely we are waiting for you in club tropicana, special glitter hotpants to wear here too 😁😁😁😁💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Looking forward to joining you all in a few days time, 3 more rads to go! x

Ha ha Mishy18, great post! Loved the Kylie at 50 programme. Really hit a note for me when she said she was open about it, I always take the time to explain to people what’s happened (if they are interested) as it could mean thto difference between getting something odd checked out sooner rather than later. 

To Alibobs and Jobey, I  hope you have/had fantastic birthdays 💃🥂🎉💐

Lots of typos haha in that post 😶

Oops meant birds not burds 😂🐦

Hey ladies a beautiful day yesterday wasn't it spent in the Garden listening to the burds in the morning and loving all my plants starting to come to life again, bit like me in many respects a slow start but really starting to feel alive atm 💖 loving life the summer helos loads
Songs for the Jukebox this week has to be a kylie compilation mash up of all her greatest hits to celebrate her 50th birthday she is a great supporter of BCCare and has dedicated a tweet to all her fans wishing her well that they could donate to tge charity she mentioned her own bc journey and how she had met a 10 year milestone, and how BCCare supports so many women going through it, we know only to well how fantastic this forum is and kong may it continue 💖
Community Champion

Otter

I would definitely have a word with your manager, I am assuming you are on a phased return to work at least, you are covered by the Equality Act 2010 and they have to make reasonable measures to look after your health and wellbeing.

Helena xxx

Thanks for your reply otter65. Sorry you are having a tough time at work. Are you having regular reviews with your manager? They really must make adjustments and allowances for you when you have been through something like we have! Must admit I am dreading it! Have pre warned my hubby if i cannot settle when i return I may even reduce my working days down to 2 a week until I retire!!! Wish I could win the lottery!!🤞🤞 hope things improve for you Otter65 xx❤❤
Highlighted

Hi Alibobs

I would agree stay off work as long as you can I've been back morning only for 3 weeks and I wish I hadn't as just getting so tired and stressed out with all the changes that have happened but also that they are already expecting me to be back to full strength and already drowning in work but don't really know what to do as going back off seems to be defective😞😞😞😱😱

Hello ladies....sorry I’ve not been on here for ages...been a busy time moving out of the pub and then had a short break in Majorca and then back home to sort the very small house with too many people in it ! But finally I think we are sorted...just need my summer house to be finished so I can get Unicorn Nails up and running...electrics are in just need it to be insulated and boarded out!!

Sending you all big sparkly love 😘😘✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Mishy, 😂🤣😂🤣😂your granddaughter has good taste, that was brilliant 😁😁😁😁❤️❤️❤️❤️ Can’t believe she’s 8 months already, Shi xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Alibobs sorry that’s great news for you that all 👍👍👍and yearly mammos. Spiderwoman, blooming heck you had quite a year with all that. Have a beautiful birthday on Wednesday and jobey happy birthday for Thursday too. 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Akibobs 👍 lovely weekend so far this is one for the jukebox courtesy of my 8 month old Grandaughter who absolutely goes for it when she hears it on Cbebbies.... stick stick sticky stick its so funny everytime she hears it she literally goes crazy baby dancing https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6fIY80HLB2vOGibu/giphy.gif