61145members
322347posts
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Club Tropicana - Pull Up A Chair and Chill

Re: Club Tropicana - Pull Up A Chair and Chill

Have a fabulous bank holiday weekend everyone!!! I'm off to visit my youngest in his new pub up North!! Looks like the weather is going to be β˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜Ž all the way!!! Special message to Helena try not to get stressed out and focus on getting back to your beloved bowling when all this is over. Reminds me of my lovely Mum. She used to be ecstatic when the outdoor bowlng sΓ¨ason started again, bless her. Miss her very much but I feel her with me all the time. Take care ladies and stay well πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—

https://g.co/kgs/h4zLC7

Sorry i couldnt get on earlier to do my do Karana duties....been a busy evening!!

βœ¨βœ¨πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒβœ¨βœ¨πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

🍹🍹🍹🍹🍹ready for you Lesley 😁😁😁😁😁see you on the πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ» bit of hi fidelity from kids from fame on the jukebox πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx
Highlighted

Feel a bit better this week thanks

Ah Eurovision you either Love or Hate it 

Bring back ABBA

😘😘😘😘

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Otter 😘😘hope your tamoxifen 🍹is settling down 😘😘bit of brimful of asha by cornershop on the jukebox ladies πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»We need some fairy lights round club Tropicana πŸ’«πŸ’«πŸ’«πŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸ’«πŸ’«πŸ’«πŸ’«ready for the Eurovision party in a couple of weeks time πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

I finished reads on 3 April so still using E45 at night but even though I have been excercise my shoulder is quite stiff and painful but so are my knees so not sure if it's still a chemo hangover or as I started Tamoxifen on Monday. Also had tummy pains neusea and bit light headed so hope it will settle down

I've got some lights but noticed the other day only 3 were lighting up so think I will need to get some more so you can pick me up on your way πŸ›«πŸ›«πŸ–πŸ–

Its my cancerversary today 😨 1 year on.. Wow What a πŸš‚ ride it has been im feeling so happy today 😁 song for the jukebox has to be for me Justin timberlake (trousersnake πŸπŸ˜‰) can't stop the feeling πŸ‘πŸŽΆπŸŽΆπŸŽΆπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ

Hi everyone! Alibobs those lights sound fab. We have some wired fairy lights round our cabin in the garden that come on every night, love them!

Spiderwoman, I was told to carry on with rt moisturising regime for 2 weeks but I have decided to carry on until all my e45 is gone but I'm just moisturising once a day in the morning and have taken to doing the other boob too as I wouldn't want it to be left out or have one wrinkly dry boob and one nicely moisturised one πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚I finished on 12/3
Community Champion

Spiderwoman

To be honest I did it religiously for 3 weeks after treatment but then I stopped.  i use my own body moisturiser now but not very good at doing that on a regular basis xx

I was told to carry on for 6 weeks after end of rads. To he honest I now just apply scar gel or bio oil to both scar areas and moisturise as normal after bathing. It's almost 8 week since end of mine. I still do exercises but use hand weights and I go to body pump and spin classes. Helena you sound like a girl after my own heart with your lights!!πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—

Thanks for coming back so quickly, in terms of moisturising, how long did you carry on for? Trying to keep drinking the same level of water as think it’s so beneficial but E45 routine daily just makes me feel like normality is still evading me slightly

Community Champion

Alibobs

Flipping heck you would have been blown away in our garden today it was that windy and wet.

Ooohhhh solar lights, Colin bought me a couple of new sets for the glass containers I have around the garden, AND he also bought me a string of dragonfly solar lights that I have put on the fence, they have multi coloured bodies, I will try and take a pic of them to show you later xxxx

Community Champion

Spiderwoman

When I finished my rads I was advised to continue with my exercises for a good month afterwards, I only managed to do them twice a day but it really did help.  I was also advised to continue moisturising and keeping up the fluid intake for that length of time as well. xxx

Hiya Alibobs, the decking and lights sounds great! Maybe if you could land a big one, we could all head off to the real Club Tropicana βœˆοΈπŸŒ΄β›±πŸ€­

I have to say all considered I feel well, feel almost guilty putting this on but think it’s important for positive stories. Touching wood as I type this but so far so good on the tamoxifen and rt seems a  lifetime ago (finished 2/3) - had bn call me last week and she suggested I should still be moisturising and stretching as the radio is still working. Not quite what the RT ladies said so am interested in what others experiences/advise have been?

Hi Mai7 just seen the link you put on but when I clicked on it was not there. Hope everyone in the 'club' is doing ok and enjoying all the spring like weather etc. I've been out planting some bedding pansies and petunias today. Also adorned my decking with new solar lights, a passion of mine!!! Lol!! Can't wait for it to get dark tonight so my 'disco lights switch on!!! Hubby worried cos he says nearby airport may divert flights to our garden ad I have to many lights!!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ’—πŸ’—
Community Champion

A petition for you to sign and share ladies. Opposing cutbacks to follow up breast screening:

https://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Diagnosed-with-breast-cancer/Breast-cancer-followup-problem...

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Chaffinch, so glad you’ve posted avicii’s wake me up as a tribute to him, his joyous music makes you feel like πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»And alive, it was a shock to hear that news yesterday so let’s πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»And enjoy his music in club Tropicana ladies and this glorious πŸŒžπŸŒžπŸŒžπŸŒžπŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Chaffinch17 I have Been taking anastrozole now for 5 month and really haven't suffered any side effects as such. My onco also told me it was the best oestrogen blocker!!! Hope it settles down for you to continue with it πŸ’—πŸ’—

GOD Bless him such a young lad with so much talent, yes his songs get played in my house alot so think jukebox needs a bit of Hey Brother this morning 🎢 🎢 πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

https://youtu.be/5y_KJAg8bHI
Song appropriate for us ladies but also posted to remember Avicii who was taken too young today 😞. Weirdly for my age I love a bit of dance music! In fact I love music it says so much.

I think that chemo thins your skin, I’ve done loads of walking over the past 2 months and have had plenty of blisters. The plus side I have baby soft feet with no hard skin 🀣.
Alibobs, you asked earlier about anastrazole. There don’t seem to be many people who are prescribed it. I’ve been on it for 8 weeks. I’m 51 and am just post menopausal but HER2+ and onHerceptin. My oncologist says this is best oestrogen blocker out there and judging by how it’s dried up me lady bits, they must be onto something. Apparently long term compliance is low because of this. I’m not keen after just 2 months but treating daily with Replens and coping. Hoping oncologist will prescribe it when I see her on 10th May because at Β£10 a month over 5 years it will get expensive!!
Lovely to see so many of us October chemo ladies here post treatment and being joined by the November crew and post rads ladies too. Time to live life to the full xx

Silly me 😱😱 I went out for a walk today with my summer shoes which were fine last year but I now have blisters on my little toes .πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Morning girlies....hope you all had a good day yesterday!

otter I’m exactly with you on not being able to find anything to wear...but also can’t get my head round dieting just yet so not sure what I’m gonna do!  I even had to buy new sunglasses yesterday as my last year’s ones looked rubbish with my new very short hair 😱 😎 

Heres yesterday’s pick of tune....thought it would still be good for today  https://g.co/kgs/U9sdCS

Im not sure I’m cleverer enough to form a complication of all the tunes but may give it a go!!

πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸŒžπŸŒžπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸŒžπŸŒžπŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜

Oh dear hope your feet get better soon

I'm finding hard to find anything that fits to wear in this heat only found a really old paint covered pair of shorts only fit to wear at home πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Just can't seem to shift any of this chemo 2 stones and my knees are really puffy and painful 😱😱

hope everyone enjoys the πŸŒžπŸŒžπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸŒžπŸŒžπŸŒžπŸ‘’πŸ‘’πŸ‘’πŸ‘’

Oh dear!! Beautiful sunshine brought out the wanderer in me yesterday!! Only I wore.trainers with no socks! Result? 2 very large blisters on my heels!! Both of which had burst by the time I hobbled home. My hubby was sunning himself in the garden, he couldn't believe his eyes when I.took off my shoes. My heels were covered in blood and my trainers were literally red inside!!!! That will teach Me! Flip flops are De rigueur today!!!!πŸ’—πŸ’—

DJ Karana is in the house! Loved the second one! Now dancing around the garden in my bra,red stilettos with  my collie cross and just a 🌈 windmill covering my modesty trying to recreate the look πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Karana i def think you should put your true dj skills to work and get making that "now thats what i call BCC train" for your get together with all thr songs from your jukebox πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸŽΆπŸŽΆπŸŽΆ it will probably take you ages i forgot what we actually called the compilation chemo brain was on the go then πŸ˜‚
Lush day here in Sunny Newcastle bit of "Despacito" ft Justin Bieber iin the jukebox ladies!!!!
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Karana πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Think I picked wrong sunshine after the rain....this ones better.....

https://g.co/kgs/po2mnZ

Hello ladies...sorry for delay... DJ Karana was for filling her other roll of pub landlady!

Great news alibob 

https://youtu.be/geEEUELScUs

https://youtu.be/-BDImdAfodA

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Alibobs πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘wonderful news πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»Bit of kylie new one dancing on the jukebox, i’ll Give dj Karana a shout πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Alibobs that’s great news! So pleased for you πŸ‘ I hope you ladies of Tropicana are all enjoying the sunshine, really feels like summers here, can we have Sunshine after the Rain by Berry DJ? 

4:21 PM
Thank you ladies! Quick update. All is Well!!! Yay!! Had physical exam and the onco says absolutely nothing to worry about. The raised red lump is probably a bit of a reaction to a dissolvable stitch on the snb scar!!! Definitely nothing sinister!! Phew!! She said I have done really well and to consider the cancer cured????? Wow!! That sounded good but is it?? I'm so relieved!! Hope you are all well too πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—
Add

Yeap they promise us 🌞 and all you get is more πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨ and 🌧🌧🌧🌧

Hope your appointment goes ok and you can enjoy the 🌞😎 if it comes out

Xxx

Hi ladies Hope you are all well. Waited for the promised β˜€οΈβ˜€οΈ to appear today but it was a no show!!😩. You watch it will show it's face tomorrow when I am stuck in the hospital waiting for my review appointment with the radiotherapy onco!!!
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺhi otter are you joining me on the πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»floor, Michael Jackson beat it playing πŸ₯‚πŸ₯‚πŸ₯‚chin chin πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Thanks 

Yes it has been a long old journey can really believe I've come out the other side maybe not in one piece but feeling better than I thought

Spiderwomen I think keeping a diary is a good idea when I start Tamoxifen so I can see if they are SE or not

my next dig step is getting back to work as its changed so much since I left in November basically when I left my dept was going through a review and my job was at risk of redundancy and I had to apply for my job which I got but the rest of the time either didn't or were so fed up left so just left me 😱😱😱 they have appointed 3 new people all earning more than me 😳😳 so I will feel like the new girl as they are all about 20 years younger than me and will have all settled in so not really looking forward to it

🌧🌧🌧🌧🌧

And a huge welcome to Otter 65, pull up a sun bed πŸ₯‚πŸ–, blimey you have had a long old journey. So far I have found the big T(moxifen) to be ok. Got a diary going as was really reluctant to take it but if I’m honest I do feel a certain amount of relief in knowing the protection it provides and a lot of what I’m experiencing was pre the big T in fairness. I do appreciate thought that all our journeys are so very different. Sorry long way of saying Helloa! πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹

Ha ha Meesh, some days I could take on the world with a golf club! πŸ˜‚ Club T is lots like a package holiday. Sometimes you are by the pool chatting and  making friends (sharing experiences) and mostly you are out and about exploring...Exactly as we should be post treatment. We know where to come for post treatment support with like minded people and dropping by occasionally to share how life moves on and how good it is β›±πŸ–πŸ₯‚

Hello ladies! Welcome Otter of course you can join us. Good to hear you've finished treatment. I've put a stone on during treatment but started this week in my campaign to get rid of it!

Spiderwoman, good to hear you've got a new hobby. I think my OH is glad I didn't take up golf at the same time as starting the tamoxifen as he might have ended up with a golf club wrapped round his head πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£I didn't think I was moody but clearly he did. It seems to have passed now, but the hot flushes that started during chemo are still raging and I have cold ones now too ☹️ I had acunpuncture fir the flushes yesterday, I got home and had a hot flush πŸ™„but they do seem to be slightly less intense so 🀞🏻

Its been quiet round the pool I think everyone must be snoozing in the sun β˜€οΈ 

Hi ladies

Can I join your club πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

I finished active treatment last week 😌 was diagnosed in August surgery September chemo November then rads 

Will be starting Tamoxifen as well πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ˜±πŸ˜±πŸ˜±

as I already get hot flushes joint pains and have put 2 stones on during treatment not looking forward to SE 

πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Community Champion

Spiderwoman

I had that happen as well but it soon passed Smiley Happy

Thank you we are just ordinary ladies honestly xxx

Community Champion

Alibobs

he he xx

I lost about 11 pounds from diagnosis to op.  I have put about 4 back on so not too bad.  I usually lose about half a stone during the bowls season so heres hoping this year Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Afternoon ladies of Tropicana, getting set for the weekend - hoping for some sunshine β˜€οΈ! I’ve taken up golf as a new hobby, so far learning how to putt and drive (with mixed results πŸŒοΈβ€β™€οΈ - balls flying everywhere! Everyone duck on the sun beds πŸ˜‚)

Week one one done and dusted on the Tamoxifen, no side effects apart from a slightly windier bottom! Watch out when I bend down to pick up those golf balls!

Ladybowler and Alibobs, you are inspirations to us (slightly) younger things 

Just catching up on this thread. I love how you call it the Mentalpause Ali, sums me up to a tee lol

Oh heck think I would have had something to say to.that nurse though!! Rude!! Lol!! Mins you I have lost a stone and half since I was dxd!! Hope to keep it off!!! Yes everyone must be hav8ng a disco nap!! πŸ’—πŸ’—
Community Champion

Alibobs

Just seen your post.

I went through mine at 52.  When I said this to the breast nurse as I could not understand why I was oestrogen positive as I had gone through the menupause, she told me that we have it in the fat in our bodies

It is quiet on here tonight xx

Very quiet in the club!!! Is it closed? Hope everyone is Ok πŸ’—πŸ’—

Thank you Helena!! I am actually 60! Will be 61 in May!! They gave me anastrozole as I went through the mentalpause at the age of 50!! Still must have left loads of oestrogen in My body as BC was er+!!! Gosh you have had a lot to deal with and yet you are so supportive of everyone on here. As I said before angels walk amongst us!!! I will be thinking of you on Wednesday. πŸ€žπŸ€žπŸ€žπŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—
Community Champion

Alibobs

What a fab upbeat post, something lovely to look forward to later this year as well and great to have something lovely to celebrate on your first anniversary.

I am not sure how old you are, I am an "old" bird, 60 this year, but I was put on tamoxifen instead of letrozole as I have spina bifida and osteoporisis of the spine so my onc put me on that.  I have been on it now for nearly 18 months and so far so good.

H xxxx