cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Club Tropicana - Pull Up A Chair and Chill

Re: Club Tropicana - Pull Up A Chair and Chill

Don’t blame you, I would stay off in the lovely sunshine β˜€οΈ. Onc said they would test my bloods for indicators to check that cancer hadn’t returned - I’m guessing they are just being cautious, I had surgery to remove pre cancerous lumps in March 2017 and then found cancerous lump in Dec 2017 - last year was quite the year!  Like you, I’m also on yearly mammograms. Your husband is right, it is really painful....and itches like mad! 

Also sorry to hear you had shingles!! My hubby once had them he said they hurt like hell!! 😒

Hi spiderwoman back home sunning myself in my garden!! Surgeon said all ok. Will have yearly mammo for 10 years, keep taking tablets and keep active!! Why are you having a blood test. Sorry if I missed something but that was not mentioned to me today. He said up to me if I want to go back to work but my sicknote doesn't run out till back end of June. So that's a NO from me!!l Lol!! πŸ˜‰

Hi Ali, our appointments must be in sync! Had appointment with Onc today - all good, back there in Sept and will be given a blood test to check for signs of re-occrance, I can imaging the run up to that will be stressful. Appointment with surgeon next month. Did see him at the beginning of May after lymph nodes went up and I went into panic mode (it was shingles! - relieved but very painful 😣) - I feel for you on the being tired still, I find some days I get up shattered. Hope your appointment goes well

Hi all hope you are all keeping well. Got my review with my surgeon tomorrow! Presume this is where be will check his handiwork? Had my op last November and not been to work since. Guessing he may kick.me up the backside and tell me it's time to get back to it!! But I'm.so tired!! 😴😴

Thanks Shi, Mishy have a fab day- mm fish and chips! Yum - we also have the wedding on record so that we can be out enjoying the sunshine in the garden β˜€οΈ

Off to the beach going to record Harry and Megans big day what a lovely day tgey have for it but im not wasting this sunshine going to enjoy the beach!!! Shi they do still sell them you can get giant ones for the garden too!!!
Im looking forward to stuffing my face with fish and chips mmm going to do it old school today doing the bus and metro so should be fun!! Its bad driving where we are going and can be a nightmare to park on a day like this!!
I hope you all have something lovely to do today do not waste this lovely sunβ˜‰
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Spiderwoman, dos cervaza por favour 😁😁😁have a great time 😘😘😘mishy, that sounds lovely enjoy paddling and splashing and ice cream on the beach and sandcastle with the blowy windmills, do the still sell them for your sandcastles? πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Ooh have a lovely holiday Spider can't wait for ine!! Lovely weekend weather ahead going to seaside with daughter and Grandaughter some gardening and watching Royal wedding πŸ‘

Hey ladies, it’s nearly weekend and the weather looks like it’s going to be lovely again 😎 One more week at work and then I’m off to Palma for a few days, can’t wait - first holiday since treatment. Must say on the insurance front, Allclear were pretty good - Β£10.49 for a week! Just the cost of a couple cocktails 🀭🍹🍹Have a great weekend - we plan to do some gardening

Wow ladies in the club it's a hot one today!!! Had a home visit from the bxxxxy managers at work again!! Nothing more to update them with as yet to see my surgeon for review. Anyway since they have gone me and hubby chilling in our little garden oasis!! Man it's hot!!!!Hope you are all enjoying the sun too and hope you are all well πŸ’—πŸ’—

I also love Eurovision! I know it's cheesy but it is also quite funny and I love the commentary that goes with it too 😊

I love Eurovision too, watched all the acts but didn’t manage to stay up for the voting. Do think we we robbed being 3rd from last, I really liked our song this year πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸŽ‰

I love Eurovision too Shi! Especially if the songs are bad! Smiley Happy Where did you post the Eurovision picture Helena mentioned?! My ED is watching it with old uni friends-think she's got to have a drink everytime there was strobe lighting, a key change and fireworks-think she's probably under the table by now! xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

😁😁😁😘😘😘glad it made you πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£good luck with your bowls matches this week ladybowler β€οΈβ€οΈπŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx
Community Champion

Shi

Just seen your Eurovision pic, it really made me giggle, thank you xxx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Gosh ladybowler you have a lot of matches coming up, you’ll be brilliant πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ecause you are the best ❀️❀️❀️ Yep tinsel wig on πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»Shi at my πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺbest πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx
Community Champion

Shi

No not playing this weekend however have a county pairs comp on Monday evening and a league match on Tuesday evening.  It will start getting busy for me in a couple of weeks times as we have club, district and county comps as well as leagues.  It depends on how well I do in each of the comps as to how busy it will be for me.  Hopefully I will have a better season this year than last.

It is quite nice here today, a little overcast but warmer than it has been for a few days.

Have a wonderful time this evening, can just imagine you dancing around the lounge to the music Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Sending you hugs

Helena xxx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Ladybowler 😘😘I know people think eurovision is cheesy but I can’t help but love it. Have you got a bowls match this weekend? I hope you get nice weather for it if you do lovely lady β€οΈβ€οΈπŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx
Community Champion

Shi

Have to say not my cup of tea.

Have a super weekend xxx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Buck’s Fizz making your mind up on jukebox today ladies it’s eurovision πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺhope everyone has a fantastic weekend β€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈπŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Great funny Eurovision on channel 5 πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»Glad we’ve a pool side tv in club Tropicana, glad everyone’s had πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘weekends isn’t this 🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞blooming lovely πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Hiya ladies, big weekend for me, have two nieces one 28 months and one 10 months. Need about 6 pairs of hands and 10 pairs of eyes when they are around. Neice number 2’s christening today so  busy fun packed weekend, took them both to the farm yesterday and returned them home asleep in Pjs so that my brother and wife could clean house and them not trash it on arrival πŸ˜‚ ( my house looks like we have been broken into 🀣🀣) Great service and garden party this pm - so far so good. Loving the good weather, hope you are all having a great weekend 

So I'm back from Hartlepool. We had a brilliant time. Great to see my youngest. Anyone in that area please pop in the owton lodge and say hi to Adam!!he's my Son and the manager. He took us down the marina last night which is so lively with all the bars and restaurants!! We loved it!! Hate saying goodbye to him but we'll be back to see him soon I'm sure. I'm now on my sunbed in the garden, hubby is snoring his head off!! Too many vodkas last night I think!!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ hope you are all enjoying the sunshine. Helena well done on the bowls match! I like to think my Mum gave you a bit of power to your elbow as you delivered a token bowl for her! Thank you πŸ˜˜πŸ’—πŸ’—

Love a bit of Bob Marley music!! Reminds me of the wonderful holidays we have had in Jamaica. One of my most favourite destinations. Yeah Mon!!!πŸ’—πŸ’—
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Bit of bob Marley one love on the jukebox in this glorious sunny club Tropicana πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

You sound like you're having fun on here! Looking forward to joining you all in a few weeks time! Smiley Happy xx

Hi you typical weather gets better as I'm due to go back to work Tuesday😱

I plan to do some gardening if not too hot

Hope you all have a great weekend 

πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ‘’πŸ‘’πŸ‘’πŸŒžπŸŒžπŸŒžπŸ¦πŸ¦πŸ¦

Morning ladies! What a lovely day it is here today and hopefully it's going to stay that way for the weekend 😊

We can sunbathe in our rollnecks by the pool πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ I hope everyone has a lovely weekend planned. I think I might be spending it sorting out our garden πŸ˜•
Community Champion

Alibobs

Thank you for your lovely wishes, I really really appreciate them. I have settled my mind now to do what I preach, deal with what I know and, what I dont know I cant do anything about at the moment.

I am bowling tomorrow in a mixed match, so I will deliver a wood in your mum's memory xxx  I love it when I bowl as nothing else matters when you are on that green for those few hours.  Mind you I was thinking last night I would rather have spent the time in my garden, oh how my thinking has changed since I found the love for my garden, bowls now comes second to it.

Helena xxx

Community Champion

Alibobs

Have a lovely bank holiday weekend, the weather certainly looks as if it is going to play ball for us.

I am just waiting for the grass to dry so I can mow my lawns, the rest of the day is going to be spent on the patio might even get our lunch out there

Sending everyone hugs and wishing you all well.

Helena xx

Have a fabulous bank holiday weekend everyone!!! I'm off to visit my youngest in his new pub up North!! Looks like the weather is going to be β˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜Ž all the way!!! Special message to Helena try not to get stressed out and focus on getting back to your beloved bowling when all this is over. Reminds me of my lovely Mum. She used to be ecstatic when the outdoor bowlng sΓ¨ason started again, bless her. Miss her very much but I feel her with me all the time. Take care ladies and stay well πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—

https://g.co/kgs/h4zLC7

Sorry i couldnt get on earlier to do my do Karana duties....been a busy evening!!

βœ¨βœ¨πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒβœ¨βœ¨πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

🍹🍹🍹🍹🍹ready for you Lesley 😁😁😁😁😁see you on the πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ» bit of hi fidelity from kids from fame on the jukebox πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx
Highlighted

Feel a bit better this week thanks

Ah Eurovision you either Love or Hate it 

Bring back ABBA

😘😘😘😘

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Otter 😘😘hope your tamoxifen 🍹is settling down 😘😘bit of brimful of asha by cornershop on the jukebox ladies πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»We need some fairy lights round club Tropicana πŸ’«πŸ’«πŸ’«πŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸ’«πŸ’«πŸ’«πŸ’«ready for the Eurovision party in a couple of weeks time πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

I finished reads on 3 April so still using E45 at night but even though I have been excercise my shoulder is quite stiff and painful but so are my knees so not sure if it's still a chemo hangover or as I started Tamoxifen on Monday. Also had tummy pains neusea and bit light headed so hope it will settle down

I've got some lights but noticed the other day only 3 were lighting up so think I will need to get some more so you can pick me up on your way πŸ›«πŸ›«πŸ–πŸ–

Its my cancerversary today 😨 1 year on.. Wow What a πŸš‚ ride it has been im feeling so happy today 😁 song for the jukebox has to be for me Justin timberlake (trousersnake πŸπŸ˜‰) can't stop the feeling πŸ‘πŸŽΆπŸŽΆπŸŽΆπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ

Hi everyone! Alibobs those lights sound fab. We have some wired fairy lights round our cabin in the garden that come on every night, love them!

Spiderwoman, I was told to carry on with rt moisturising regime for 2 weeks but I have decided to carry on until all my e45 is gone but I'm just moisturising once a day in the morning and have taken to doing the other boob too as I wouldn't want it to be left out or have one wrinkly dry boob and one nicely moisturised one πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚I finished on 12/3
Community Champion

Spiderwoman

To be honest I did it religiously for 3 weeks after treatment but then I stopped.  i use my own body moisturiser now but not very good at doing that on a regular basis xx

I was told to carry on for 6 weeks after end of rads. To he honest I now just apply scar gel or bio oil to both scar areas and moisturise as normal after bathing. It's almost 8 week since end of mine. I still do exercises but use hand weights and I go to body pump and spin classes. Helena you sound like a girl after my own heart with your lights!!πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—

Thanks for coming back so quickly, in terms of moisturising, how long did you carry on for? Trying to keep drinking the same level of water as think it’s so beneficial but E45 routine daily just makes me feel like normality is still evading me slightly

Community Champion

Alibobs

Flipping heck you would have been blown away in our garden today it was that windy and wet.

Ooohhhh solar lights, Colin bought me a couple of new sets for the glass containers I have around the garden, AND he also bought me a string of dragonfly solar lights that I have put on the fence, they have multi coloured bodies, I will try and take a pic of them to show you later xxxx

Community Champion

Spiderwoman

When I finished my rads I was advised to continue with my exercises for a good month afterwards, I only managed to do them twice a day but it really did help.  I was also advised to continue moisturising and keeping up the fluid intake for that length of time as well. xxx

Hiya Alibobs, the decking and lights sounds great! Maybe if you could land a big one, we could all head off to the real Club Tropicana βœˆοΈπŸŒ΄β›±πŸ€­

I have to say all considered I feel well, feel almost guilty putting this on but think it’s important for positive stories. Touching wood as I type this but so far so good on the tamoxifen and rt seems a  lifetime ago (finished 2/3) - had bn call me last week and she suggested I should still be moisturising and stretching as the radio is still working. Not quite what the RT ladies said so am interested in what others experiences/advise have been?

Hi Mai7 just seen the link you put on but when I clicked on it was not there. Hope everyone in the 'club' is doing ok and enjoying all the spring like weather etc. I've been out planting some bedding pansies and petunias today. Also adorned my decking with new solar lights, a passion of mine!!! Lol!! Can't wait for it to get dark tonight so my 'disco lights switch on!!! Hubby worried cos he says nearby airport may divert flights to our garden ad I have to many lights!!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ’—πŸ’—
Community Champion

A petition for you to sign and share ladies. Opposing cutbacks to follow up breast screening:

https://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Diagnosed-with-breast-cancer/Breast-cancer-followup-problem...

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Chaffinch, so glad you’ve posted avicii’s wake me up as a tribute to him, his joyous music makes you feel like πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»And alive, it was a shock to hear that news yesterday so let’s πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»And enjoy his music in club Tropicana ladies and this glorious πŸŒžπŸŒžπŸŒžπŸŒžπŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Chaffinch17 I have Been taking anastrozole now for 5 month and really haven't suffered any side effects as such. My onco also told me it was the best oestrogen blocker!!! Hope it settles down for you to continue with it πŸ’—πŸ’—

GOD Bless him such a young lad with so much talent, yes his songs get played in my house alot so think jukebox needs a bit of Hey Brother this morning 🎢 🎢 πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–