Re: Chronic thrush on tamoxifen?

Hi, just got back from the hospital, I have had an ultrasound and biopsy to check for womb cancer.  They seem confident that I am fine so the biopsy is just routine. There was a slight thickening of my womb, which they think is caused by the Tamoxifen but nothing to worry about.  I mentioned my bouts of thrush and asked if it was because of the Tamoxifen and the Drs said they don't think that Tamoxifen causes thrush as a side effect!  So back to square one on the that.  Funny how thrush has got much worse on Tamoxifen!!!  Anyhow, will get my results in 2-3 weeks.  I'm sure all is fine. xx

Hi everyone, I'm exactly the same and experiencing bouts of thrush on Tamoxifen.  My stomach has defo increased in size too.  I am not sure if I have gone through the menopause or not, as I didn't have a period for over 12 months, they stopped during chemotherapy, but I have recently had a bleed and the GP told me my cervix is slightly 'inflamed'.  I have a hospital appointment tomorrow to see a Gynaecologist just to ensure everything is ok.  I have googled my symptoms until I am blue in the face!!!  I know, don't google but I have too much time on my hands at the moment and cannot resist!  Ladies you are not on your own, I will ask tomorrow about the thrush and get back to you. xx

Hi 

only just seen this post and I can empathise completely with expanding waist line and thrush but sadly that's all I can do as I've not found any solutions. 3x flucanozole on consecutive days gave me relief for about a week but it soon returned. I'm a year on from dx and was expecting to be putting this all behind me by now.  Not a lot of ideas sorry but it sometimes helps to know it's not only you. I would be interested to know if the probiotics help. 

Wendy x

Chronic thrush on tamoxifen?

I've been on Tamoxifen since January and like many others on here I am also suffering from the belly increase - it's so nice to hear that it is not just me! What I have been suffering from as well is chronic thrush which started about a month after starting the Tamoxifen. The GP is at a loss on how to treat it as we have tried the fluconazole etc and I am just about to commence another pessary instead. Has anyone else had the same problem taking Tamoxifen? If so any recommendations on what to do? I am going to take some probiotics to see if that helps. It is getting me down, this combined with the weight gain and just the feeling that everything is not working quite right. This getting over treatment is much harder than going through the treatment itself.