cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breast pain 18 months after lumpectomy

Community Champion

Re: Breast pain 18 months after lumpectomy

Julie I'm guessing you would have had Radiotheraphy , this is what makes you so tender, I finished mine in June last year and I can't put much pressure on my boob still, I was told it may always be like it so I don't worry Xx Jo 

Hi. I'm exactly the same. I had a wide lateral lumpectomy june 1st 2015. My breast hurts all the time. Aching, sharp pains and also under my arms around my ribcage. I've just been told to give it time but how much longer? I hate bothering my nurse or GP. I'm worried it might be back

Myofascial releases with certified lymphedema therapist will help. I treat this regularly at Vanderbilt in Tennessee

Go to a physical therapist that treats with myofascial release. Takes 6-12 sessions at 1x a week

I treat this regularly. Look for a clinician that does myofascial release.

Same here have to careful with cuddles

I had mone a year ago March radio therapy and tamoxifen. My first annual app all clear in fen. Still get pain in breast where lump nodes removed.of I lean on it it hurts. I'm. Told its part of the process especially under the nipple loads of nerve endings healing.when I lean forward the bread feels top heavy and itchie

Oh my operation was a year ago and got my 1st mammogram since then anout 2mths ago and they said everything was fine xx

Hi Kelly i hve pain on my left side to which is sore to ly on at ngt in bed. The doctor said lik you its either fluid or ive pull tissue in that area. I got my lumph nodes out aswell as it had spread to them. It is worrying when ur sore still and dont no really why u do think the worst 😔😔

Hello My surgery was about 4 months ago and lymph node had a splinter in first node, so early days I know but having lots of pain, there was an infection which a course of anti-biotics did the trick., it is where the scarring is under arm and nipple area.

so I feel for you if 18 months down the line you are still sufferring :-( I suppose it all has to mend and knit back together. I find sleeping a problem at the moment as i sleep on my side, and the emotional side also keeps me awake also, so it is nice to chat to like minded people.

all the best Elaine

Hi There
I don't knkow if this what you want to hear - I had a lumpectomy, TNC and 25 sessions of rads in 2007 and yes I still experience pain, breast swelling and occassionally a clear oil-like discharge. Apparently this can happen is an unfortunate side effect of the TNC and rads. I do get neuropathic pain as well. A small dose 10mg of amytripaline at night with co-codamol of a bad seems to keep it all under control.
Take care Jacqui

Hi. I hasurge lumpectomy in march 2011. I was ok until after my radiotherapy Lin October 2011. After the booster rads to the scar it became very very tender. It's ok now until someone hugs me or I catch it. Like nerve pain. At my check up in march thus year they told me to use ibuprofen gel. Investors bought it but not used it. I still can't bring myself to touch where the lump was. Daft I know!! But I believe it's supposed to help. None of the doctors I've mentioned it to seem alarmed.
Mandy xx

Hi,

I am now 1 year after WLE and ANC, and I still have pain and tenderness around both scars. I also get swelling in the breast.

Someone on here suggested I try using ibuprofen gell on the area as an anti-inflammaotroy painkiller, and it works for me.

Lynda

Hi Kelly

Please feel free to call our helpliners to talk your queries over as they may be able to offer some ideas or know of other people who have been affected in a similar way, the lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturday on 0808 800 6000 and they are here to support you

Take care

Lucy

Breast pain 18 months after lumpectomy

Does anyone still suffer pain so long after a lumpectomy. I am really really sore over the breast where the lump was removed. I had my check up with the surgeon in July of this year (1 year after surgery) and she said this was normal, and may be fluid. But it is agony when I lie down, sometimes I wear a bra at night to support my breast. Would welcome any thoughts anyone may have. Believe it or not I'm scared to go to docs, in case it starts all over again. Can't believe I'm thinking like that, because all the way through they told me that I had gone to my docs early and my grade 3 cancer hadn't spread to lymph nodes. Since then Ive been telling everyone else to go and get checked. Don't get scared get checked, just like the poster. Now i'm doing it!!!