cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breast pain 18 months after lumpectomy

Re: Breast pain 18 months after lumpectomy

Me again, I also forgot to say I also have pain now and again in or under the breast where I had surgery. I also notice this if my granddaughter leans against me in that particular area. Same goes I for if I get a hug in that area too. I did mention this to my Oncologist last time I saw her and she said its from having Radiotherapy. Hope this helps others that may be experiencing similar.

Re: Breast pain 12 months after lumpectomy

Hi everyone I had a lumpectomy and 18 zaps of radiation in September 2015. I was on Tamoxifen since then, but because of the horrendous size effects of which I tried to live with, my Oncologist has now put me on Letrazole. I've only been on it 3 weeks, but the side effects are just as bad, my hot sweats have returned with a vengeance every hour or so. I'm back to see my Oncologist in September to see how I've been. At the moment it's a nightmare, hot sweats, weight gain all over, swollen ankles, wrists, arms, everywhere, joint pain, leg pain, and feeling giddy at times. The past 15 months I have experienced extreme chest pain in the centre of my chest, so intense I was taken to hospital for tests, as the symptoms were like a heart attack, but luckily it wasn't but they also didn't know exactly what it was. They happen every few months or so and just come on, it lasts for approx 15 mins but the last one a few months ago was over an HR, and an ambulance was called, and morphine given which stopped the pain. I'm thinking it could be Cardiotoxicity (I had never heard of this until my Sister saw an article in a newspaper) and no medical person has mentioned this to date. Last but not least I'm continually feeling exhausted with no energy, even after doing housework for say about 30 mins I need to sit down and could stay sitting for hours. I'm trying to keep positive but at times very hard when you have so much to deal with. I hope this may be useful to other people who may be like me you are not alone ever.

Community Champion

Hi Janee

Have you been on anastrozole long? I take letrozole and found that if I take it in the evening, I don't get the nausea. Also I found it worse when I first started and now, 9 months on,it seems to have settled.

Hope this helps xx

This site is great , I had my lumpectomy last August after my routine mammogram showed two growths and whilst in surgery had lymph nodes removed. I sympathise with you over the tenderness and pain ,I try and live with it because I don't know who to talk to cos people say oh you look good and you'd never think I'd been 😷I'll. As I'm new o the area I live I don't know anyone to talk to and just explain my pain and anxieties. 

I could only have radiotherapy as I also have CLL and had chemo back in 2006/7. The meds they put me on was Anastrozole and had some side effects nausea,hot flushes. My gp wasn't happy giving me something for the nausea and when she did I could only have 28tabs that lasted a month.

I think I have gone off the reply by telling my story but I know exactly how you feel and the need to talk is vital

I had lumpectomy may 15th then 25th another because marginwas not enough .i start chemo july 13th.little nervous last 2 day had very sharp pains reading some of the comments i see it is normal feeling better about that thank you

I had chemo April to September 2016, surgery lymph nodes remove in October and rads in December, and still in pain around the site where tumour was, starting work on Monday and I'm so tired, my feet feelings like when I was on chemo. Does anyone find it uncomfortable to wear bras.

Hi...feeling pretty scared & anxious as i went thru a lupectomy & treatment in 2014, and have had regular check ups. however, in the past few weeks i have been experiencing that burning, stabbing pain that most of you have mentioned as well though what concerns me is that it's been almost 3 since the initial diagnosis. My dr is scheduling me for a mammogram and ultra sound to check things out. I am scared but I am sort of relieved to have found this site and feel a bit better reading other's experiences. I hope it's nothing but ever since beening ill and having the surgery etc etc...its so hard NOT to be feeling overly stressed and worrisome when something occurs.

Re: Breast pain 12 months after lumpectomy

This forum is brilliant as you all say people go you are looking well now, my op was last year and  also had splinter in lymph  i am still in pain from scarring and lumpy boob i had my year test done and all ok, but in the back of my mind i constantly worry. My husband re-assures me on a daily basis, but as i didnt know that i had it the first time,only due to mamogram (thank the lord these people exist) i would never had known.

As all say get it checked if worried, i had a panic attack about 3 months ago the Dr was brilliant and they really dont mind due to circumstances.

Hope all goes well

Elaine

I had 2 as well  but in July and September 2015 plus rads in January 2016. I find the burning sensation and the achiness  comes and goes and it's only at night that it gets to me. 

Hi, I had lumpectomy June 17th 2016 and another op on 21st July as margins weren't clear. I had the usual soreness in the area initially but for the past 2 weeks the area seems to have flared up with pain, a stabbing sensation and burning, it's more painful now than when I had the ops done. I'm at the hospital on 16th June for first mammogram since ops. This sudden onset of constant pain has worried me but after reading all the comments on this forum, it seems that it's not unusual.

I 'd hoped that I'd be able to sleep on my stomach again eventually..but 2 years after my lompectomy I still can't.. I live in hope.

I had a lumpectomy 14 months ago and still get a lot of pain both in my breast and under my arm. I am also suffering with the side effects of the medication ( Letrazole) to be honest can't remember the last pain free day I had 😢

Hi Caz

You don't say much about what kind of pain your in, or info about your op, but just wanting to say to you, don't suffer in silence, if you had an op last Thursday and you are in severe physical pain, don't try and cope with it contact the emergency numbers the hospital would have recommended.  You don't have to be strong, the help line on this website might be able to help tomorrow to talk through things, you need to look after yourself, so please reach out to where you feel most comfortable. Xx

I'm so in pain I don't know who to talk to as I don't want to worry anyone my family x had the operation last Thursday and I can't believe the pain I'm in I'm a very strong woman but I feel so weak please help me get though this I understand everyone just thinks just get over it I'm all over the place I'm back at the hospital on Wednesday I don't now what they will do next 😝

Re: Breast pain

Just like I just read, I was diagnosed April 2016 have gone through the Treatmen , my Breasts are still tender.

I am a bit paranoid about my next Mammogram Will it hurt? Will they find anything?

I also  dont like  comments other people say: but the Cancer Is gone now, you are looking good.

No one sees when you are tired and just want to crawl away.

I had lumpectomy in March last year then chemo and rads and still get painful twinges In breast , I was never so thankful to get results of my first mammogram, so glad I found this forum x

I bad a lumpectomy in 2004 and still experience a sharp pain every now and then. So my assumption is that it never goes away.

Hi I had my surgery and radiotherapy in August 2014 and I still get burning and discomfort from time to time in my breast. I can only presume it's scar tissue that flares up now and again and I'm due for my mammogram in June I have them every 18 months down here in Wales , I would prefer annual but I've been told that research has shown no difference in outcome , that's easy to say unless you're waiting for your next one for reassurance!! anyway I would say that a year on I presume you had radiotherapy they say it's the gift that keeps on giving so I think what you are experiencing is not unusual I certainly was still having pain and discomfort at times and as still do , so try not to worry x

Hi I am in same position like others have my surgery twice chemo radiation etc it was long road and people saying thank god it's all finish and I look normal but shame I can not show the scars I had inside me I am talking mentally not physically

I am with you there I had mine surgery and everything last year this time but still in pain and gets emotionally upset many times when people says looking good can they see my inside