Re: Any Her2 positive grade 3 people out there?

Well done Chrissie10.  I'll be two years post diagnosis in May next year and to see you've just had the 5 year mammo all clear result is a great boost and thank you for sharing.  I'm sorry to hear you're still sore with scar tissue after rads - so am I!  Still small price to pay.  Have a good Christmas and Happy New Year x

HER2+ stage 3 five years ago. Just had five year mammo, all clear. Still a bit sore, rads left scar tissue

Great to hear your story Janet and to know it can be done!! Well done to you and thanks for sharing. I really needed that encouragement tonight. 10 months from the end of chemo and just had my 17th Herceptin and I feel wrecked! Onwards and upwards I go xxx

Just been discharged after 5 years follow up from grade 3 HER2 positive. I had a mastectomy, chemo and Herceptin. The Oncologist said it was very unlikely to return. So be positive. I was positive all the way through the experience, which wasn't always great but I believe a positive attitude is halfway to healing. Keep a sense of humour too if you can. My grandchildren had great fun over my bald head and called me Moldywart, which was their version of Voldemort (the bald villain in Harry Potter!) So good luck to your mum and you. You will be worrying more than her, she will just be getting on with it. x
Highlighted

Hi Floss really I appreciated your positive comment and thank you for sharing your story it gave me strength lots of love for you and your family remember my mother in your prayes

Hi Nimra, I was diagnosed with ER- PR- HER2+ grade 3 in 2008. I went through all the necessary treatment - mastectomy, chemo, rads herceptin. I'm sure my daughters felt the same as you when I was diagnosed and I can't believe it is now ten years since then. I have just had my routine mammogram which came back clear and fingers crossed it stays that way. Lots of lovely things have happened since 2008, both daughters have graduated, got their dream jobs, both married and one now a mother of two. Have spent the day with them watching Disney on Ice. When going through the process of treatment you don't ever believe life will get back to "normal" - but eventually it does and you appreciate those special moments even more. It is early days for you and your mom and she might find it best to just concentrate on getting through the treatment one stage at a time, she will have bad days as everyone does, but try to make the most of days when she is feeling ok it helps to have some normal routine away from hospital appointments. If you have any questions you need advice on and I can help please ask. I don't post on here often but I still find it a comfort to pop in.

My mom diagnosed with grade 3 invasive ductal carcinoma ER- and PR- HER2+ is it life threatening? Due to this I couldn't sleep loss my appetite need some positive and supportive comments

Hi

I've just had my 1st of many I hope... mammograms since my treatment. I've got 3 herceptin left and I'm doing ok. Bone meds change to infusion in November then every 6 months. I take tamiofen and plenty of supplements and eat a healthy diet.

I've started back swimming and gym as I want to try get myself back to fitness.

It's my 1 year anniversary next week and how life has changed. I've got a blonde mop of shirley temple short curls.. harder to manage than my previous long hair 🤔 I'm very positive about myself and keep away from stress or upset where possible.

I've since moved house we left my bad chemo memories there and moved back near my family. I've just found out I'm going to be a Nana for the first time. My daughter and husband are expecting on 16th March. Another birthday to add in March it's 2 days after my daughter's birthday 😘 and both me and my son have birthdays week after we should have a sweep going!

Life changed massively for me but the love of family and my husband helped me so much. I see my oncologist in November for the last time and however much she's been amazing I'm hoping I never see her professionally again 😏

I do t dwell on the past as it's done and I'm only interested in my future with people who love me and support me 💕

Hope your all doing and and wherever you are in treatmemt it's going well.

Ps I've still got a touch of mild lymphedema near lymph node scar but I'm being treated and my swimming helps.

Love
Pauline x

Just came back on this site after many years and did not look carefully at where i was posting.  I am very sorry but just replied to a post from 2010.  I am really sorry and apologise

I feel i have to reply as you seem to be having a really rough time.  I came on here for my sister who is 16 months post treament but I had cancer myself 13 years ago.  It was grade3, Her2 positve with 3 pos nodes.  I had lumpectomy, 6 rounds of chemo, 5 weeks of rads, 1 year Herceptin and 5 years of Arimidex.  Sounds a lot of treatment but I hardly remember it now.  I am cancer free and had my last neg mammogram about 8 months ago

It may be an aggressive cancer but you can still pull through. Do not bottle things up (I did and just made things worse) voice your fears, take all the help that is offered and stay positive. I hope and pray that you get through this and look back in years as i have done and hardly remeber anything about it xx

Hi Pauline,

just read your post, I too was diagnosed with HER-2 positive Stage 3 last March after a routine mammogram, what a shock, there were no obvious signs at all, no lumps or pain.  After being diagnosed I too went on the Rosco trial, had four rounds of chemo, then another four slightly changed, in with that was Herceptin, the cancer disappeared completely, I had a lumpectomy in November with removal of all lymph nodes from my left breast and had the other breast remodelled to match, still no signs of cancer, phew! Luckily I was able to choose my surgeon, I did lots of ground work and asking and now have amazing breasts, nipples moved, and at 70 years old I am very proud of them, something good came out of all the trauma. February brought fifteen rounds of Radiotherapy and at the end of May I finished the Herceptin injections at home. I was discharged from hospital cancer free and feel like a new woman.

My yearly mammogram is in December, not looking forward to it but it has to be done.

Like you I have changed my life, go walking, eat very healthily and feel much better.

I tried the cold cap but lost my hair after two weeks so I asked hubby to shave it off, I had bought a good wig in preparation which has been my constant companion until February when my hair was long enough to keep it off, I am keeping it short and it has the chemo curl, which all my friends tell me, looks good..

I still have after effects of chemo, it has left me deaf, also tinnitus, my toes still have peripheral neuropathy though not too bad, nails are slowly getting better, so life is good and I appreciate every minute as I am sure you do too.

take care

Tettie

Hi..

I was diagnosed October 2017 with IDC, HER2, ER2 positive Grade 3, 20mm,  2 lymph node removal which thank goodness was negative. I had 4 rounds of chemo, Taxotere and Cyclophosphamide, 4 and a half weeks Radiotherapy, plus Herceptin (just had number 10 out of 18 ) and Letrozole for 10 years, it has been an emotional and eventful roller coaster to say the least, still a way to go but i'm getting through it and very thankful. 3 weeks a go i had a swelling come up under my arm, i'm waiting for an ultra sound appointment for that. My fisrt mammogram since diagnosis will be in November so not to long now, nearing the goal, wishing you all lots of positive thoughts and best wishes on your journeys.

Hello to everyone I have just been diagnosed to DIC Grade 3 Her2 positive and my journey / expedition starts on the 15th June. I have just spent 4 days on my own while my husband is away. I have sat listening to gentle music and absorbed processed and accepted what is happening. I am calm and prepared now anxious but not afraid. but I know myself pretty well and knew I just needed to be still and quiet. I am 67 and have the luxury of being able to do this and I know many ladies do not. But if I have learnt anything it is we need time to process when something awful happens. I know I shall be calling on you guys in the future when I have wobbled days . So thank you for being out there. The support is amazing

Hi

I was diagnosed in Sept 2017 HER -2 positive breast cancer and lymph nodes. I had a 12mm breast lump and confirmed 1 lymph node.

Took part in ROSCO trial with 4 chemo before lumpectomy & full anxiliary node clearance.

I had 4 x TC Chemo & Filgrastim.

Had my operation on 31st Jan breast lump had shrunk to 3mm. I had 15 lymph nodes removed evidence of cancer in 2 nodes but chemo had got rid of it. 💪

9 days later was told I had full pathological response from chemo & operation. I'm now 4 weeks post op lumpectomy part was ok no issues other than losing part of my breast. Lymph nodes different story been painful and I have really bad cording. I've been having physio & my husband has been doing physio at home twice a day as shown by physiotherapist.

I start radiotherapy on 8th March. I'm still having herceptin via my portcath up to Sept.

My mammogram is 18th September. Inbetween I've got bone scan as I've stated on 5yr med called Letrozole 2.5mg.

I'm very positive I have changed my life and my diet as I never want this ever again.

Used cooling cap but lost top section of hair but it's growing back nicely but I have a nice new wig that looks like the old me.

I'll never be the old me again... but I'm positive and I'll do whatever I can to keep myself healthy. I take supplements including selenium and my diet is organic.

Feel free to contact me if anybody needs help with anything.

Pauline x

Hello,

Thank you for your post. A huge motivation for people like me. I am on Herceptin too. God Bless you. 

Hello, I'm a her2 positive grade 3 with 2 lymph nodes involved (sentinel and 1 other). I have had chemo, radiotherapy and on herceptin 3 weekly. I have heard that the more aggressive the cancer the easier it is to zap and get rid of.  I'm coming up to a year after diagnosis. When I have my rational head on, I am sure that it"s gone and won't come back, but a lot of the time my mind torments me with negative thoughts. It doesn't help that I still have pain and swelling under the arm and my affected breast is a cup size bigger than the other! I guess all we can do is be glad we got it before it marched on even further. I do find meditation and yoga help also music and tv shows that you can lose yourself in. Hope you"'re feeling better than you were the other morning. I"m new on here, so only just seen your thread. Take care

Hi this is my first post. I was diagnosed with stage 3 Her 2 positive Breast cancer.  I had the usual treatment fec t, taxotol and 16 radiotherapy. I was 67 when diagnosed this time in my lymph node I had 23 out of 25 positive nodes. I had Breast cancer when I was 40 with a mastectomy and reconstruction and 15 years of tamoxifen no chemo then just radiotherapy. My problem is now although I was lucky to survive the first treatment and have so many years.  I am now on aromisin (exemestane) and also I have had 45 herceptin and I am on it for the long term every 3 weeks.  I am very grateful for this as I know it is expensive. I just feel so unwell all the time breathless and tired, I have told my oncologist. I have a ct scan every 6 months and also an echo. I have been told my heart is coping well, I have nodules on my lung which are stable. I feel so ungrateful that I don’t feel well, people must be fed up with me, I used to walk a lot, I have neuropathy which was made worse by treatment.. I was diagnosed late 2015. Will I ever feel better.  Sorry to moan.

Community Champion

Hi Everyone, Just to say I too was diagnosed with Her2+, stage 3, grade 3, estrogen postive BC. The tumour was 9mm but I got a complete remission with  6xs FEC/T . Also had a masectomy, DIEP, 15 rounds of rads & 9 Herceptin jsbs. That was 3 years ago.

Still on estrogen blocker, loosing bone mass but apart from that doing well. I do still tire so going part time soon at work. Cant wait! Life is for living gals!! Who knows what the future holds none of us whether diagnosed with cancer or not truly know so best not to even try to crystal ball it!! BC teaches you to enjoy what you have NOW. Thats what I am doing & plan to carry on doing. 

Hugs to all you brave ladies!! Xxx 

Community Champion

Maddie

Thank you so much for such a positive and inspiring post.  Wishing you all best wishes for Christmas and 2018 and continuing good health

Helena xxx