Re: September 2018 Radiotherapy

Good luck green damsel, last one!! Bells are poised and ready!! 🔔

Wombat woo & Bibi it’ll be Thursday & Friday before you know it.

It’s 3 weeks since my last treatment and the day I’m ‘permitted’ to start swimming so I’ll be in the pool this afternoon 😎. My energy levels are back to normal and although I’m still adjusting to Tamoxifen I feel I’ve turned a corner this week, being away helps

Maggie x

Last session Green Damsel. I can hear them polishing the bell for you ..... 🤗🤗

Good morning everyone,

GreenDamsel, one more session for you .........Smiley Happy 

Bibi, I hope you're on schedule to finish this Friday. Smiley Happy

My skin is getting more prickly so moisturising with diprobase more than 3 times a day to soothe the irritation. Yesterday afternoon I had an appointment with the herceptin onc, he doesn't want to see me until Dec now. For 9 and a bit months a life full of hospital appointments and now all of a sudden they are thinning out. How do I feel about that? I am still processing this. 

[ Edited ]

GreenDamsel, you're nearly there. Smiley Happy

As always my counselling session was useful, I think CBT does help me. 

Morning Folks,

It’s nice to hear that you are feeling well Anxious and fingers crossed the next couple of weeks go well, it would seem cruel to have gone through everything so far only to have nasty side effects once it’s all finished, it’s as if that magical finish line keeps being moved.  

Bibi,  I think celebrations of any size make a big difference, just something to mark the milestone and effort you’ve put in so I hope you get to celebrate with hubby. Frustratingly though I know it can be the last thing you feel like at the time but for me even marking it off on a calendar has helped remind me I am going forward each time. 

I have one last zapping to go tomorrow morning and I think I’m getting a little excited about it 💃🏻

[ Edited ]

Morning Anxious - ready to face my final week. Have decided to just have a quiet week as much as possible so I have energy to get through - travel times are really tiring - although hubby’s big birthday on Thursday so maybe a little celebration - saving a bigger one until I finish and kids come home the weekend after - so something nice to look forward to.

Hope you continue to gather strength - have a good week xx

15/20

Good morning,

How is everyone doing?

I am waiting for the fatigue to start, I managed to stay up until 9pm so I have more energy at the present time. My skin feels more prickly but the diprobase is soothing. Drinking loads, a combination of herbal teas, green tea, milky coffees, cordial. Physically I feel like I am getting stronger.  Emotionally I am still healing. Smiley Happy

I have an appointment with the herceptin onc this afternoon to just check how I am getting on. Smiley Happy

Good morning everyone,

Bibi - you're nearly there, this last push, and perhaps a very challenging one given the fact you have these extra sessions. 

I hope this weekend you get to enjoy your days off. 

Bibi - yesterday was a different day for me as I felt much calmer. Smiley Happy

Morning Anxious - what a nice feeling it must be to wake up and not have the hospital to visit - can’t wait for that feeling - I have today and then 5 boosters next week and then I’m done .

im feeling good today - hoping the weather stays nice for the weekend.

well done on the driving - I too have had periods of not being confident of driving - I’m OK locally but I couldn’t face the cross city drive we have to do for my appointments- city drivers are crazy!

I hope your counselling helps you xxx

Community Champion

Anxious Soul

Well done you on the driving, you have got over the first hurdle.

I did find that I had a bit more fatigue during the 14 days after rads, but that was more about my not taking in enough fluid during the day once I upped it the effects were not as bad.  I did find that I would have a nap later in the day, usually about 3pm, I would just drop off for about 10/15 minutes, wake up and carry on.  I did not really experience many problems with my breast during that time, I had 5 boosters so that area took a little bit of time to settle but as that was at the end of treatment I suppose it was to be expected.

I think as long as you listen to your body and keep up the regime for those couple of weeks you will be fine.

Great to hear that you have counselling arranged and I am sure it will help loads

Helena xxx

And Maggie, -  beunos dias. 

Good morning everyone,

Wombat Woo - today is a different day - you do not have to travel into radiotherapy. Smiley Happy

Bibi - how are you doing? Could you remind me how many sessions you have had so far? I have remember that you are scheduled 20 sessions. 

GreenDamsel - Tuesday is soon approaching. Smiley Happy

Yesterday morning I had my 12th herceptin injection. After this I went for a drive in order to gain some confidence. Since going through treatment I had long periods of not driving as I did not feel well enough. I can now relate to those who are nervous driving. Yesterday, the weather here was lovely and so in the afternoon I dragged myself out and emersed myself in the outdoors. 

I have been informed side effects from radiotherapy will peak 10 to 14 days after treatment and so this weekend and early next week I am planning to get out and about, meet up with friends in anticipation that I may crash later on in the week. 

I have a counselling session Monday morning which I think is very good timing.

All the best to those heading into treatment today. Smiley Happy

Ringing a loud bell for you Wombat and shouting Woo Woo! Well done - have a fab weekend xxxx

Thank you Helena xxx
Very much appreciated 😘
Community Champion

Wombat Woo

Whey h ey congratulations on finishing your rads and an rining the bell for you tonight.

What a lovely way to celebrate the end of your active treatment, very special

Helena xxx

bell-ringing-gif-9.gif

Thank you Anxious Sole.
I am so very proud of us both
⭐️⭐️⭐️
😘

That is totally lovely to hear Wombat woo. Smiley Happy

I cannot figure out how to download a bell. So instead I will say:

Ding Dong

Ding Dong

Ding Dong 

CongratulationWombawoo

Hello ladies - bell well and truly rung today ! A friend surprised me and came too as well as my husband and then the radiographers came too- they all made it special and I had a real sense of moving on... wow!
What an experience..., so the new normal starts now... having my hair done tomorrow and a weekend away

I will be on here a lot to see how you are all doing and to encourage you all to the end of your treatment - not long now Green Damsel

I really appreciate this forum and all your support

We made it anxious sole 👍👍👍

🤗&😘

Thankyou for your replies about how your team looks after you.  Maybe my area just don’t think it’s needed but it also feels like there is a huge rush to get you out and on to the next person, and so far I’m side effect free apart from a really bright red boob a couple of hours after treatment which goes back to normal by bed time, so don’t want to waste their time by asking about trivial concerns.  Only 3 sessions to go so will keep up with the fluids and moisturiser. 

Congrats to all those ringing the bell this week, another leg of this marathon completed. 🤗 

Good morning everyone,

wombat woo - I can hear that bell you rang for me. Thank you. Smiley Happy 

I hope you get to ring that bell today. Let us know how your last session goes. Squeezey hugs. Smiley Happy