Re: September 2018 Radiotherapy

Morning ! I have been away from work since the day I received my diagnosis. I intend to go back at the beginning of November. So I will have been off around 15 weeks .... 🤗

Bibi - another session to tick off. And your special day wiith your husband. Smiley Happy

I think I am going to give The Marvellous Mrs Maisel a go.

I am feeling a little unsettled as this morning I have an appointment with the GP to discuss my fit note (fitness for work) which has to be reviewed. Anyone else off work/working? 

Hi Bibi, 

Another one completed - you're getting there. Smiley Happy

Jeepers! I just started watching Department Q, horrible, so I am glad you have given me a couple of suggestions to check out. Smiley Happy I enjoyed the Australian scenery in Mystery Road and I enjoyed the soundtrack.

Afternoon all - machine working today - and only 30 mins behind schedule 😏 so only 3 left !

I have also been using bio oil on scar - well I was before rads - decided to just stick to Aveeno ( after dropping the Aloe Vera) A’s didn’t think I would be massaging during rads if breast was tender. Actually my skin is less red than it has been at the moment- we will see how that goes 😳

Anxious on Prime - something quite light and funny The Marvellous Mrs Maisel is v good

If you like quite dark detective series Cardinal ( made me decide I couldn’t live in Canada - too big and empty and scary lol ) 2 series - v good if a little gory at times.

watched Mystery Road too - enjoyed it, haven’t watched Killing Eve yet. Watching The Cry - agree that bloke is a bit dodgy .

Keep well 

Bibi 

17/20

Hi there GreenDamsel,

thanks ffor sharing the information regarding bio oil. My skin has become very sensitive after chemo so I may have to test an area to see whether I get a reaction. I hope you have a lovely hill walk, 

I am hoping to do a trot in the local woods this morning and no doubt collapse in a big heap this afternoon.

Everyone - On iplayer I have finished watching Killing Eve, Mystery Road and caught up with The Crying (something dodgy going on there). Any recommendations for a drama series I could binge watch on either iplayer or Amazon Prime?  Smiley Happy

Thankyou for all the bells it’s a very nice feeling.

Re surgery scars i’ve been using bio oil since they were all healed over so probably since about week 2 or 3 post surgery, I was given 2 bottles by a friend but I know they can be quite pricey.   Although during radio I didn’t use it on my boob scar as I was using the stuff designed for radio burns, however my tummy scar is looking really good, very thin and no bumps or lumps.  Having said that I think it has more to do with the massaging than the product, I have an older scar on my hip which was just treated with e45 and it’s just as neat so I think if you are massaging quite firmly and frequently then there’s a good chance the scar will do well. Just make sure it’s all healed before getting too vigorous with the massaging!

Bibi,  I met a woman during radio who had 2 sessions in one day, as long as there was a gap of 6 hours (I think that’s what it was) between them, this was so she could go away for the weekend and not miss her ftreatment.  Seemed a little too keen to me but if it’s a way to finish on schedule maybe worth asking, although if your unit is anything like mine there’s no guarantee the machines will be working on the day - they do seem to be quite temperamental.  Either way it’s not far off and you’ll be ringing those bells too!

I’m off to enjoy this tropical heatwave we’re getting today and find a hill to walk up (slowly) and make the most of the next week or so before the dreaded fatigue kicks in. 

Bibi, I hope there are no treatment delays for you today and you get to tick off another completed session. Smiley Happy

Sleep tight Wombat Woo. Smiley Happy

Hi Anxious Sole - SNAP fatigue has suddenly hit me tonight so much so that I have come to bed. I also have dose of the runs which isn’t helping

Rest well xx

[ Edited ]

Hi wombat woo,

This afternoon I collapsed in a big heap as fatigue suddenly took over me, it was quite overwhelming, how the fatigue suddenly hit me. This morning I managed a trot in the sunshine, there was a lovely fresh breeze and now my hair is growing, albeit slowly,  I could feel the breeze ruffle my hair. 🌠🎆🎇

Anyone using anything for any surgery scars? I read elsewhere on the forum that bio oil is meant to be good. 

There are definite prickles here with me together with the annoying hot flush that has suddenly entered my life.

Bibi, I am pleased you had a good stretch of the legs, I have seen pictures of Dovedale but I have never been. If I remember correctly there is a river running through. Smiley Happy

Green Damsel. Your finished

🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔💕💕💕

Sorry the bells aren’t dinging I had a bit of a nightmare trying to make them do that...,, 🙄

BIBI what a bummer ! We will keep the bells warm for you for Monday

Maggie - thank you 😘

Anxious how are you doing ? Any unexpected side effects ???? They gave me 1% hydrocortisone cream for the prickles. I feel as if the inside of my boob is bruised it needs to be supported - no hanging loose at the moment 😳

Wishing all you lovely ladies a very relaxing prickle free evening 🤗&😘

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the kind words Anxious - have had a lovely day, really warm and sunny in Dovedale

- feel refreshed and ready for the rest of the week.

Well done Green Damsel for getting to the end of rads 🎉🎉

Sure it is a weird feeling to suddenly be free and sometimes these milestones are a bit of an anticlimax - but a few weeks time you’ll hopefully have your energy back like Maggie - good luck.

Oh Bibi, I am so sorry to hear the finishing line has been moved. We are all here waiting for you. Enjoy the sun  and breeze against your skin. Smiley Happy

GreenDamsel

Congratulations! 

t

Well done GreenDamsel it is a milestone indeed! Ringing some bells on here for you 🔔🔔🔔🔔

Relax and enjoy the rest of your day
Mx

Well that was a bit of anti climax, unit was very busy this morning, machine problems first thing meant everyone was late and rushed through, but never mind it’s all done now. 

Nurse who did my ‘exit interview’ seemed impressed at how my skin is unchanged and asked what I was using.  She had never heard of the R1R2 system which I am using and I got the impression she thought I’d got something dodgy off the internet rather than something recommended by a doctor. (Just not available widely on NHS).   Anyway it’s doing the job so will continue for the next few weeks and hope for the best.

There are still appointments to go and possibly more chemo (tablet form) but this feels like a major milestone in dealing with the alien which invaded this year..... and now relax 😁

Thanks Bibi. Really sorry to hear your machine’s broken, everything crossed they fix it so you can finish Monday instead - horrid to have milestones moved. Sometimes BC feels like one long round of waiting... enjoy the fresh air, Dovedale is lovely isn’t it? Mx

Wombat Woo, sorry no idea why I thought you finished this Thursday!! Congratulations 🔔🔔x

Oh Maggie swimming sounds good - can’t wait for that - glad you are feeling like you are getting back to normal xxx

Getting ready to ring for you Green Damsel 😊

Anxious - I won’t be finishing Friday 😢 - machine broken today so appointment cancelled- if it’s fixed it will be next Monday now. Feel really flat - the end of the week has been the goal and I know it doesn’t really matter but I feel fed up. However the sun is shining so going to take advantage of the day off and go for a long walk somewhere - maybe Dovedale. 

Must be weird suddenly not having appointments or waiting for a treatment to start - sure you will readjust but may take some time - sending you hugs 🤗 🤗🤗