Re: September 2018 Radiotherapy

Hi everyone- radiographer said they wouldn’t expect to see redness after only 1 so got to see what it’s like tomorrow- they are checking if it’s warm ( it is) and swollen - not so much - so will see what they say. Wombat Woo did yours get any worse? 

I have had some nausea and also find walking up slight hills and stairs makes me a bit breathless - can’t tell if it’s just my general unfitness, the Letrozole or the Herceptin.

Sleep well all 

Hi wombat woo, I have not had any nausea since starting rads.

Just adding that I have noticed my arm stiffening up so keeping up with the exercises is going to be important.

Smiley Happy

Rads not roads 🤣

Hello all. Quick question. Have any of you experienced nausea after treatment ??

Not sure if it is the roads or the Anastrozole

Thank you xx

Hi everyone,

I was quite anxious this morning but settled as the day progressed, no delays with the treatment and they seem to be going quicker, not so much adjusting, not so much asking me to move here and move there. 

Bibi -  as of yet I have no redness to the skin.  I can understand your concern and I hope you get some reassurance/ advice from the staff.

Wombat woo - I am sorry to hear you're in a difficult place, I do hope the counselling works out for you and he or she has the compassionate approach you deserve.

Maggie, I am guessing you may be indulging in some more fizz. Smiley Happy

No chocolate here today so I guess it is going to be full fat rice pudding. Smiley Happy

4/15

Maggie - brilliant I so hope you enjoyed your fizz xxx

Bibi - my breast went red after the second zap! The radiographers said some people have an initial flare very early. So I guess that is us ?

Anxious sole - I hope no delays today x

Bad day today feeling tearful, angry and weary - I start counselling next week so hopefully that will help

Have a lovely relaxing evening all 🤗😘. Wombat x

Well done Maggie 🛎🛎🛎🛎🛎🛎😘 Remember to still take it easy for the next few weeks while things work their way through your system x

Congratulations Maggie - what a great feeling that must be 🥂🛎🛎🍾🎉🎉

Good luck to everyone today - I’ve already been to one hospital this morning for a bone density scan - bit of a rest and then to a different one for rads and then out to the theatre - hope I’ll stay awake 😴

Question about skin reaction - how quickly did you get any reddening of breast - did you get any ? 

I am quite surprised that after the first rads I have some redness - obviously will ask this afternoon but am worried about how Im going to get through 20 sessions . 

Congratulations Maggie - I can hear those bells! Smiley Happy

An easy to read book sounds like the perfect solution to escaping when low in concentration. A very thoughtful gift. 

I will expect delays from now on and think of a plan to keep myself distracted - perhaps I will take along an easy to read magazine. 

3/15

Good luck with today’s treatments ladies.

Delays are a pain, hospital waiting rooms are so dull really. We had a water fountain and a coffee machine for the really long delays.

They were a little behind last night, but walking out
with no more to do felt amazing. 🥂🔔🔔🔔🔔🥂

To answer your question about gifts I was very touched when a friend sent me some ‘easy’ books, as I was struggling to concentrate and mentioned I couldn’t lose myself in a story. Same friend sent my hubby some tea pigs as he’s a tea drinker which was very thoughtful.
Maggie xx
15/15!

Wishing everyone the best to those heading into treatment today. Smiley Happy

Hi everyone,

An hour delay today, got through it though. 

Bibi, that is a pain regarding meeting rush hour traffic - not what you could do with.

Maggie, you finished?

Tired zzzzz

3/15

Thanks Maggie - followed your example and had chocolate after treatment. Dropped niece off, went to beautiful Botanical Gardens had a walk and lunch before treatment. It was fine - staff all efficient but caring checking I understood everything and if I had any questions before starting. It’s just a weird feeling lying there listening to machine do it's stuff and thinking about whether there is anything left in there for it to zap - so I did some visualisation and took my mind out of the room. Biggest pain now is they have given me appointments between 4 and 5.30 for rest of week which means will probably hit all the commuter traffic 😏

My other biggest pain is the hot flushes which have kicked in with the Letrozole - been through menopause once and hating that feeling again. 

Hope everyone else is getting through OK 

Maggie must be great to get to end 🎉🎉

Bibi

1/20

Have fun dropping your niece off Bibi. And good luck to everyone having or starting treatment today.

Wombat, I treated myself to a chocolate bar most days, 🍫 ,

Looking forward to ringing my virtual bells tonight & will check in to see how your all doing - this forums been a real support to me for the last 3 weeks x

Hi Bibi 

What lovely treats. Smiley Happy

i hope you have a good distracting time with your niece. 

The latest episode of Bodyguard is definitely in order.......Smiley Happy

Morning Anxious Soul- yes catch up on. Bodyguard- so good and will distract you.

my sister sent me a lovely sleep spray for my pillow and some lavender self heating eye masks - they helped a lot through chemo when I couldn’t settle. 

My distraction this morning is taking our niece to uni as my sister lives abroad - final year you can imagine the amount of stuff lol - we have to drive past the uni on way to hospital so not out of our way.

Have a good day xxx

Good morning everyone,

I am feeling a little anxious this morning, I will have to try and keep busy and catch up on Bodyguard.

Bibi and Wombat woo - we can do this. Smiley Happy

Maggie - after your treatment ends I do hope you have some lovely times walking your dog and whilst outside get to kick those autumn leaves. And I hope you can continue to pop by here. Smiley Happy

Whilst going through treatment I had many gifts from family and friends and the two gifts that I really appreciated were a bunch of daffodils mixed with yellow tulips and a bag of jelly beans. As I lie zonked in bed going through chemo both these gifts stimulated my senses. 

Anyone else have have any gifts that they really appreciated whilst going through treatment? Smiley Happy

Thanks for the kind thoughts Maggie and Anxious Soul - am feeling a bit anxious but not too bad - Bodyguard tonight and Vanity Fair - been watching River on Netflix which I can recommend - lots of distractions on Netflix - Orange is the New Black got me through chemo. 

Yey for you finishing tomorrow Maggie 🛎🛎 - hope you recover over next few weeks well - have you any more treatment or are you finished? 

Oh your journey sounds lovely - we had the innner ring road to traverse!!

I’ve missed walking with my dog more than anything whilst I’ve been ‘under treatment’ and I’m really looking forward to getting back up to speed - my legs feel heavy, a commmon side effect of Tamoxifen apparently, but it’s improving (or I’m adapting!)

What’s good to know is the fatigue does end. Mx

Hey Maggie. Ring that virtual bell long and loud tomorrow.., and pop that fizz... fabulous way to celebrate 🛎🍾
First 2 done and ready for the new routine all this week.., I seem to get more tired but doing well.. just craving chocolate but I guess this could also be the Anastrozole

Here’s to a lovely week for us all xxxx