Re: September 2018 Radiotherapy

Hi Maggie, I have been mostly resting, I had my herceptin injection on Thursday and I think that makes me tired. My appetite is good and since I lost weight whilst on chemo I am pleased with that.

My friend is taking me tomorrow so hopefully we will do something nice afterwards. 

I am am an active person, love walking, love being in the countryside and accepting the fatigue has been the hardest thing for me, in fact the thought of fatigue frightens me because I find myself stuck indoors, my least favourite place.

Luckily, the journey tomorrow is lovely and I get to see some lush countryside. Smiley Happy

I found I was progressively more tired as the week went on and the weekend really recharged me, it’s been the same this weekend.

How have you and Wombat found your first weekend?

That all sounds lovely. And how is your tiredness? I seem to be tired straight afterwards and then I feel I recharge. 

Me too, my hospital has no bell so I’ll be ringing some virtual bells on here & hubby has put some bubbles in the fridge for tomorrow- Fizz on a Monday, must be good news!!

I have finally come out with a faint red square, which is strangely reassuring- like the treatments working... odd our minds work...

Maggie x

Maggie I am pleased you're feeling this way. Smiley Happy  I hope lady bowler has her bell ready. Smiley Happy

Hi Anxious Soul, thanks for asking. I’m actually really excited that it’s nearly over - had no idea how I’d feel but it’s a huge relief! X

Hi Maggie, how are you feeling about tomorrow, this being your last session? Smiley Happy

And Bibi -  I have not been told not to shower before treatment Smiley Happy

Maggie - binge watching has definitely helped me through treatment and of course chocolate. Smiley Happy

Hi Bibi,

sending you hugs to help.

For me, the staff said it was okay to moisturise before treatment, they have said diprobase cream or E45 cream okay but they were not okay with me using aloe Vera. 

I hope the staff are gentle and friendly with you as I think this always helps. Smiley Happy

Hi Bibi,
Hope you’ve got something lovely to distract you today. (I binge watched Misummer Murders, but we’re all different!)

I’ve showered before treatment & moisturised afterwards, but my instructions don’t say either way.

In my first treatment the radiographer took time to talk to me before the 1st rads, so you should get the opportunity to double check what they’d prefer you to do.

I can’t imagine that moisturising before would affect treatment, or they’d make sure we knew not too.

Good luck tomorrow
Maggie x

My rads were always early evening but i never put any moisturiser on after mid day. I think i remember being told not to use any barrier type creams up to 3 hours before treatment as it might affect the rads getting though. I also used to wipe the area with a wetwipe before i went in just because!!!

Morning Anxious Soul - got butterflies and am getting a bit nervous tbh - feels like end of summer - start of a new term. 

A question - do I not have to moisturise in morning before treatment ? know I have to moisturise loads but can’t remember and can’t find anything to say whether you should just shower before rads but not moisturise.

Thanks

Good morning everyone,

Bibi - I hope you're feeling okay about tomorrow.Smiley Happy

Klonodu I hope your brggininh to feel better an that the anti biotics are working wonders 🤗

Klondu, I hope the antibiotics kick in quickly and you’re soon feeling better... not nice to have an infection on top of everything else. Maggie x

Hope the antibiotics do the trick for you Klonodu, I think I’ve read elsewhere on here that they are pretty effective, so fingers well crossed ... best of luck ! 🍀
Xx

Thank you Thissledown. I rang up for some advice and was asked to go in to see my radiotherapy consultant. I was given antibiotics as he's worried i may have an infection in my lymph node scar. I had to have 23 sessions because im on immune suppressant tablets for a kidney disorder, i was fine until a few days after the last session. I have the pads, thank you, they are a great help, im hoping these anti biotics do the trick, if no change i have to ring them on wednesday....fingers crossed x

Woohoooo, chocolate heaven!

And look at you Maggie, you're nearly there.....Smiley Happy

2/15 And can't hear any bells.......

Wombat Woo & Anxious Sole - chocolate hee too - maybe it’s a Friday thing?!

Have a lovely weekend everyone
Maggie
14/15
Highlighted

Strangely I hit the chocolate after this one.... 🤣🤣😳

Have a lovely weekend everyone xxx

2/15