Did you mean: 

Radio therapy

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Radio therapy

Best of luck to you going forward xx

I'm going to stick with aveno moisturiser as I use this anyway xxx

Don't use anything beforehand - that's pretty universal internationally.

Hi all,

Had mastectomy in December, 5 out of 6 chemo session( last one cancelled because of side effects) and now looking forward(!) to planning session for radio on Wed. Oh and start hormone tablets Wed. Seem never ending. Confused over whether to use moisturiser or not. Every area seems to be different so guess Ill have to wait and see what mine recommends. You’d expect some thins to be standard countrywide but nothing appears to be!

Had my final session today and I was quite emotional at saying goodbye to a lovely group of therapeutic radiographers. Sessions were quickly done and we had a few laughs along the way. I’m sure all will go well for you but if you have anything you want to talk over here I am ( along with all the other great rads ladies on this forum) 

big hug

JJ

Hi,  yes its usually quick.  Good luck. X

Community Champion

Hi Avilajo,

Yes, once the initial planning appointment is done, you can be in & out within 15 minutes, but as with anything, sometimes they can run late. Also the unexpected, in my case, there was a fire alarm so we all had to evacuate the department & on another occasion, when I arrived at the suite, there was some hilarity as apparently the table got stuck & whoever was being treated at the time was having a laugh.

Once I was straight in & out in 10 mins later.

ann x

Radio therapy

Hi, 

how long does each session roughly take. Are u in and out quite quickly x