Re: October 2018 Radiotherapy

Hello ladies, well I got my start date for rads today after planning, just about qualify for October radiotherapy as I start on the 31st , looks like I will have to start  a November rads thread, hope everyone is ok.  Fezzy xx

5/15 today
My boob is also pink/red but is was like that before starting rads. I don't feel much change only slightly warmer after this session but cooled down easily with cream.
Had a review and all seems well so far.

Have you had any reviews yet Jo.
Two more then weekend break my Birthday Saturday so deciding what to do.

Susan x
JWD

9/15 today no problems..have noticed though my whole boob starting to go red. Didn't expect it all to change colour as it's above the tattoo marks..is that normal? Xx

Hi Susan,

diprobase comes in 3 forms, cream, lotion and ointment.

It sounds like you have the diprobase ointment which, yes, is like Vaseline. I am using the diprobase cream. 

Maybe take the diprobase to your session today and ask one of the nurses. I hope today goes okay for you. Smiley Happy

Hi anxious soul
I've just opened my diprobase it looks and feels a bit like Vaseline is that right.
Currently using E45 lotion but just for E45 Cream. So confusing which to use lol.

4th session today 610pm

Susan x
JWD

Yes definitely a good idea..especially when having hot flushes😳
Anxious soul so glad the effects for you are not as bad as the chemo. I was so lucky not to have it.Jo xx
Community Champion

Anxious Soul

What a great idea I never thought about that Smiley Happy xx

Hi Jo,

I am having highs and lows, very little sustained energy. My energy is better in the morning. The fatigue is nothing like going through chemo which totally knocked me out. Smiley Happy 

JWD

Anxious soul..Thank you for advice👍👍
How has the fatigue been? They told me it would peak up to 2 weeks after. Jo xx

Ladybowler,

and when applied when one is having a hot flush there is double the relief. Smiley Happy

Community Champion

ANxious Soul

I used to do that with my E45, they advised me to stop using the aloe vera as I think I was over moisturing and to keep the E45 in the fridge as it would do the same job xxx

Hi Jo,

yes definitely peaking now, day 12 after finishing.  Smiley Happy

JWD

Good idea Anxious soul. I'm 8/15 today and so far no problems with skin just a change in colour and a few little twinges here and there but will be storing cream in fridge just in case..Did you find the redness peaked after rads finished? Jo xxx

Hi everyone,

I am just dropping by to say I am 12 days on from last rads and benefiting from putting a pot of diprobase cream in the fridge and applying the cream cold. Such a treat, very soothing as the redness peaks. Just in case you haven't already considered this. Smiley Happy

Community Champion

Charlie

Sorry darling but do you mind me asking why are you working full time, do you work for yourself?

If you are emplyed do you have an occupational health service that can make recommendations on your working pattern during rads and the following weeks afterwards.

Helena xxx

Hi Charlie - i'm on 9/20 and so far working full time too. I have had some ups and downs but got through! Travel to hospital is 90 mins by public transport is difficult every day but so far so good. Just starting to feel tired but am drinking loads and using creams given be hospital.
JWD

Yes it is good cream its really important to moisturise. I know what you mean about touching the scar though but once you start moisturizing it gets easier. Let us know how your planning scan goes and try not to stress.. I'm the queen of panic and stress😱 and I'm coping.. you can do this💪💪
Jo xxx

Thank you so much Jo, I'm scared of touching the scar at the moment, but will have to soon!, and I am going to get some Aveena cream, as I heard this is good. xx

Thank you so much Helena, you have put my mind at rest, I am having to work full time, so I will struggle,
but will see how I get along. Good Luck xx

Thank you so much Susan, my Oncologist has not mentioned any cream yet, so I am hoping he will let me know on Friday. Good Luck with your treatment.x