Community Champion

Re: October 2018 Radiotherapy

Jo

Whey hey so that is your rads completed, well done, apart from the flipping delay of 3 hours.  I had that once on one of my sessions.

Ringing the bell loudly for you mate, hope you are doing something nice to celebrate.

Helena xxx

bell-ringing-gif-9.gif

JWD

Hope everyone is ok..15/15 today no problems apart from a 3 hour delay🙄🙄
JWD

Hello Diane. Welcome and you have certainly come to right place for advice. Regarding your radiotherapy those side effects are all normal. My implant has gone really hard and I too get the stabbing pains.today I'm 14/15 so nearly finished. As for your emotions it's completely normal to feel what your going through.we are all different some cope with diagnosis were as others don't. I'm a bit like you and find it easier to cope at the start of the journey and as much as i want treatment over can get a bit panicky when appointments are less. Also you were probably on auto pilot when diagnosed and then scans appointments and surgery all takes over your life. Cancer is a stressful time and can hit you at the beginning middle or end of treatment plus hormones all over the place. Speak with your oncologist today and hope he/she offers you some reassurance. You are certainly on the right site for advice.
Give yourself a big pat on the back for how far you have come. Well done🤗🤗 sending you a big hug lots of love Jo.xxxx💕💕

Hello everybody - a little new to the forum - finding things hard but I am at 9/15 so getting through. So far skin is doing okay -  little red and tender and the reconstruction is feeling a little hard. Shooting pains too but have been told all this is normal!! My biggest fears and issues are more emotional going forward - seemed the initial diagnosis and surgery were easier times for me - it is the last few weeks where things have got difficult. Seeing my oncologist tomorrow so will see if she has any advice. 

Well done to everyone on this journey so far Smiley Happy

JWD

That's good Susan that your radioligist pleased with you skin plus your last full week as next week only 3 so it will fly by. 13/15 for me today can't wait to finish... and then start again with my husband.. this c stuff is never ending at the minute. We just have to remain positive and hope the chemo works and is kind to him. Xxxx

9/15
Radioligist pleased with skin so far little red patches may be too much lanolin in e45 cream so said I can use Aloe Vera gel I've kept in fridge.

JWD pleased you're almost finished and sorry to hear hubby starts chemo on Friday not given you much of a break as it. Seems Never ending this C stuff.

Take care both of you.
Susan x
JWD

Hi Susan your over halfway there now👍keep going. mine can be a bit itchy but it's weird because I'm still numb in that area so I feel the itch but not the scratch..if that makes sense. Mine has changed colour but the most redness is along the scar which I suppose is normal and like I say they were happy today. I finish Thursday but we had a phone call today to say my husband's chemo starts on friday so as my journey finishes Gary's starts again. Hope the rest of your week goes well.xxx

8/15

Hi JWD
well done turning water into wine (neat trick) 😁
Glad the rads are not causing you many problems at this stage

My boob was already fairly pink on starting rads and now it is a bit redder. I've small blemishes that I'm trying to keep at bay, not sure if they'll amount to anything hope not. And itching a fair bit at times.
I've a review tomorrow so they'll check.

I purchased some pink vests for BC month but the lace edging has caused a rash on opposite side around arm pit. So not sure what to sleep in at moment.
I've got comfort tops so might be those.

You'll be finished this week then and ringing that bell.
Take care
Susan x
JWD

12/15 today no problems. The rads team said area looking really good for this long in and said I must be doing as told. I said I'm moisturizing a lot and drinking plenty of water. However I did turn a couple of glasses of water into wine at the weekend😀🍷💕
Hope everyone's treatment goes well this week.xxx

7/15

Thank you JWD.
Weekend break now yeahhh x
Susan xx
Community Champion

JWD

Thats great and at least it has put your mind at rest xxx

JWD

11/15 today 👍👍
Have a lovely weekend ladies. Happy birthday Susan🍰🍹🎂

Lol predictive txt. I'm sure you all get the gist. X

Having a family meal on Sunday for Birthday as daughter's working Sat.

Got some new goodies for my hobby I'm a keen card maker and donate them to charity when ive made a box full.

Roads are going fine so far nightmare travelling to a busy Sheffield each day but I seem to be coping. Need loo though as soon as we get there. Eeeee all this water drinking. What goes in must come out. Lol

Glad you're red noobs normal jo <grin>

Thanks for the Birthday wishes xx

Susan x
JWD

Thanks ladybowler. I did tell rads team today and they said it was normal.
Susan..Hope your rads going ok. Hope you have a lovely birthday xxx
Community Champion

Susieone

Have a great birthday on Saturday hope you are doing something lovely to celebrate xx

Community Champion

JWD

It is totally normal, mine was red almost in a line to my armpit and that was above the tattoo marker in the middle of my breasts, I think they are markers to line everything up.  If you are concerned just ask your rads team and they will re-assure you.

xxx

JWD

10/15 in and out so quick today and that was with scan 👍👍
JWD

I've had no reviews Susan not till the end but staff ask me every day and plus they get a birds eye view of my boob lol. I just keep slapping the cream on and drinking loads of water.xxx
Hi fezzy glad you have a date you will soon be ringing the bell.xxx

Hi Fezzy hope everything goes well for you. I'll be ringing the bell on the 31st as its my last session then.
Susan x