Re: October 2018 Radiotherapy

Thank you - skin is now getting worse which was to be expected - but it does get you down - you do one thing to try and get this cancer sorted and then the side effects send you back - will see how skin gets on next few days or I forsee yet another 100 mile round trip to the clinic!! 

Well done Diane xx
JWD

Well done Diane💪💪💖💖

15/15 done on Tuesday 30th. Exhausted and side effects kicking in but it is done - now to wait for the next steps - well done to all the October finishers - bells can be rung Smiley Happy

Thanks ladies.

I'm a keen crafter I make greeting cards and gift boxes so I will be able to get some done now. Ready to donate to charity.

I'll see how my energy levels go as my house needs a good clean lol.

Take care all I'll keep popping into the forums to see how everyone doing.
Susan xx
Community Champion

Susan

Oh that great, enjoy your evening and drinkies, just think you dont have to do that journey again, what will you do with your time Smiley Happy Smiley Happy !! xxx

JWD

Well done Susan. I think you deserve a well earned drink.you need a little fetch me a wine bell to ring.😅😅 take care.xxx

15/15
I've rung the bell...home now after late session having a well earned drinky or 2.

Hope everyone else's journey is on the last stage and you're all doing ok
Take care
Susan x
Community Champion

Ladies

For those of you who finished your rads yesterday and are finishing today, am ringing the bell for you.

Sending you hugs

Helena xxx

ringing bells.gif

JWD

Hi Susan glad your coping..you will be ringing that bell tomorrow. Well done you💪I'm still quite pink and warm but it's very doable and nothing compared to recovering after surgery🤦🏻‍♀️xxx

Hi Julsey like Susan said speak with your rads team..what effects are you having? It might just be a case of changing your cream. Hope you get it sorted.xxx

Hi jo

Hope you enjoyed your lazy day. I'm feeling ok had last review with doc everythings fine so far. If the fatigue kicks in later I've got my comfort blanket ready on back of sofa. Lol

I think I'm coping with the warm red boob as I had infection soon after surgery and that was a lot worse.

Hi julsey
Sorry to hear your having effects, may I ask what effects you're having so far. If you're really worried please talk to your rads team they should be able to help. Mine are really good don't be afraid to voice your concerns.
I'm sure you'll get through all your treatments.
You can do it.....

Hugs Susan x

Hi Everyone, I'm on 4 of 15 with integrated boosters. I'm so tempted to stop. I have felt effects every day. I'm so worried. 😭😭
JWD

Hi Diane your last one today..well done you💪that journey must have been awful for you. I can understand about you feeling anxious now treatment is coming to an end.i think we can all get like that as we spend so much time at hospital it becomes our safety blanket. I hope you get some help and advice on how to cope with this as it can be scary.
Hi Susan glad your hives as settled down and you've nearly finished treatment..well done you💪and glad your flushes have calmed down mine have too. I still get a little joint pain but I too have been put on vit d and calcium.im still red and a little sore but carrying on with the moisturising and fluids.ive had a hectic weekend and I'm feeling a bit tired today so it's a lazy day for me today.
Take care everyone 🤗💖xxxx

13/15

Almost finished rads, I'm doing ok doctor gave me hydrocortisone for hives and there not itching as much now.
Letroze settled down too occasional hot flush not much joint pain as I take naproxen, vit D and calcium I think they are all helping.

Hope everyone is ok and getting through treatments.

Take care hugs to all.
Susan x

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone - just dropping into the forum. I finish my sessions on Tuesday. I like so many others have used Aveeno cream - it has worked well. I am red and very hot but the skin so far seems okay.

My trip to hospital has been very exhausting - 2-3hrs each way.

I have had added complications so my care had to be in central London - the clinic were wonderful and I have had transport every day BUT it is still leaving at 6am and back anytime between 1-2pm. 

Needless to say I have managed to do very little in this 3 week period.

It is weird also to be feelign anxious that treatment is about to end - the hospital has become a second home to me - I have asked about getting pychological help and will get an update Tuesday.

To everyone starting in November - I send all the best to you to soldier through and if in doubt - ask on here or ask at the clinic - the staff are wonderful. 

JWD

Thanks Susan. 🤗 hope your rash calms down now that you have changed cream. Hives can be really irritating. Get tomorrow done and you can have a break then it's all downhill for you 3 days left💪💪
Take care Jo xxx

Well done Jo you're all done and I echo ladybowler's sentiments to take care of you while taking care of your hubby.

11/15 so far but got small problem looks like I've got hives from e45 cream too much lanolin.
I'm now on diprobase cream and they'll see how it is tomorrow. Really itching but managing to keep away from scratching.

I'm ready for weekend break after tomorrow need a good night's sleep.

Hope everyone is doing Ok.
Take care
Susan x
JWD

Thanks Helena 🤗🤗xx
Community Champion

Jo

Oh darling I am sending lots of positive vibes to your hubby for his chemo.

Just make sure that you still look after yourself, we tend to forget this when we have a loved one who is poorly as well, you will still be feeling the effects of the rads, so keep up your regime for the next couple of weeks.

Glad you liked it and that it made you smile

Helena xxx

JWD

Thanks Helena. It's a relief to finish but it's bitter sweet as my hubby starts chemo tomorrow. I'm just glad mine's over with so can concentrate on him.
Thanks for the big bell😊 Jo.xxx