Re: First Few Weeks After Ringing That Bell

Hello Breast Friends! That’s a great name for a FB page!
Am two weeks post radiotherapy and the side effects are really showing themselves... nasty blisters, sore arm, aching joints and complete exhaustion and overwhelming emotions. All normal I believe!
So I did something random today.. I am a big listener of 5 Live Radio and was really sad to hear the news of the death of their presenter Rachel from breast cancer so I text the programme and they called me back to interview me and just before the 11 O clock news tonight I talked about the podcasts I had listened to and how they had helped me. It was very nerve wracking!
I am also finding this forum really inspiring and helpful. You are all so amazing so thank you for your support xx I have been receiving counselling recently and have found this really useful too.
Keep strong everyone xx just go with how you feel xx take care xxx

Hi Thistledown...sooo funny reading your post, it is absolutely everyone of us at sometime lol..cheered me up!. Hope all you ladies are feeling ok tonite.
Looking forward to the new facebook page Gill3015 exciting. Its a lovely group of people we have on this thread, all been on same road, same time, come out the otherside and are now lovely friends helping each other through, i for one am truely thankful. Nite lovelies xxxx

That made me smile thistledown. All the things we have put on here between us is Put in a list is funny. Will let you know when we are all set up and ready to go. Doing a bit of homework on it first as want it right. Rosieposie you are more than welcome and will let you know when it’s ready to go. What do you all think of breast friends for the title? Lilacmoon and Chris thank you for offering to help as administrators again need to read up on it but will soon get to grips with it I am sure. I have a pic of the rads bells so will use that as profile pic for now. Will start the thread with a pic of my floordrobe 😂😂😂. Hope you all sleep well tonight and not to many hot flushes!! I see most of you guys are on letrozole. I’m on anastrozole. There all zoles.

Ooh, what a load of posts since I tried to post this morning and lost the lot ! Hate it when that happens, as I write screeds...

I’m not on FB -  what a sad person 🙃, but I’m sure my daughter will help put me on, would love to join the group if allowed ! Sad persons at the back....

Janebelinda, so sorry about your meltdown, don’t let it get you, I’m sure you will fight it off....it’s so familiar to hear though,...I’m going through this thread and going, meltdowns, check, husband in spare room, check, angry and tearful mood swings, check, Letrozole yuk, check, ironing floordrobes 😄, check , (that was funny tho and very true!), house is a spider’s dream still, (cats are very bored now with catching them) and the garden has a long lost tribe of pygmies in there somewhere ... 

I went bonkers at our local shops earlier, came out with a load of totally unnecessary stuff, (distinctly unhealthy stuff too) and promptly joined the RSPB,  as they were canvassing outside....going to have to get some rational thinking back soon 😳,...On the slightly more rational side, I’ve enquired about the Moving Forward Course that starts in October, unfortunately not near me at all..I can’t drive but hey, I can get the train...now how to cancel membership of the RSPB ? 

Hope this ‘new normal’ becomes more normal soon...

Best wishes to all, hope you are all ok this evening...

xxxx

A private Facebook group sounds great...just what everyone needs I think, something to look forward to. Count me in, that’s if an expat is allowed to join.🇫🇷

Having said that, I have been fairly quiet on FB through all of this. I’m  not a Dave or anything 😂 but haven’t used my real name either.

As the other ladies have said, JaneBelinda, you are feeling relief that you made it through. Look after yourself and take it easy.

Sending hugs. 

Rosie xx

JaneBelinda xx sorry to miss your earlier post and mahoosive hugs for finishing rads.
Its fine to have had a meltdown. Its all the emotion of the whole sorry saga coming out.
But nows the time to take care of yourself over the next 3 weeks or so as this will be when your SE's kick in.
But we are all in it togther and you know that everything you need to know is here xxx

Janebelinda...sending you the biggest hug, as ladies have said weve all had them and it wont be the last for sure. Youve been strong and brave all the way through treatment, then sudddenly it stops...and it all comes out. Jump on here lovely you will be in good hands here...always someone to jolly you on...be kind to yourself now and rest big love xxxx

Gill I have pm you x

Jane belinda. I had my melt down the week after rads finished but I think we have all had it at some point at the end of treatment. Let it out go with the flow and remember it probably won't be the last one you have but I think they just become less frequent. Hope you have minimal side effects but you know we are all here if you need us. Xxx

Hi Jane Belinda. Yes we have all been there. Welcome to our little group. Well done on completing rads. Keep up the fluids and exercise. Next 2 weeks all will
Peak. Come on here and just give us a shout I am sure we will be able to help you.

Breast Friends xx

And I PM'd you Gill.

One name idea. Bossom buddies!

Brilliant leave it with me and will set up. I am in the office tomorrow so will be Friday. Any who wouldn’t mind being an administrator could you private message send me your Facebook username so I can find you and invite you. Any suggestion on a name for it??

I don't mind helping out as admin either. Its a easy job when its just a small private group.
Xxx

Finished rads last night and on the way home, crawling in traffic, I had a total meltdown....floods of tears as everything that has happened to me / everything I’ve been through, flashed right before me. 

Has this happened to anyone else? Xxx

Count me in x

Hi ladies, im in if you want a facebook closed page, it will be a nice little community for us all, look forward to it. Chris im glad you got your cleaning done, youve made me feel guilty now lol..maybe ill do some tmrw ...

hope your all enjoying the sun today big hugs xxxxxx

Ha ha lilacmoon/Dave I'm sure you won't find a suitable bride on this forum as we are all mad with mixed hormones and would more than likely kill you on your first date possibly for telling one of us "You look so well"
I am on Facebook and would be happy to hear from others via a closed page I have never been an administrator but I am sure it can't be that hard so happy to help if needed. House is sparkling well downstairs is upstairs is still a tip but that's tommorows project husband dare not move as he might disturb the pile on my freshly vacuumed carpet. Can blame my out of control OCD on the hormone tablets xxx

I'm on FB so a private group on there is fine by me!!
Its a shame that this is a public forum as there are many private things going on and I do hold back on here. Not sure I've even posted my real name!!

Actually my names Dave and I'm trying to find myself a new wife, I dont work for a living but do make a bit of cash selling secondhand carparts on eBay............still interested??

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hi ladies. A quick question and only an idea. How about a Facebook group? Closed of course. I can set one up but need other administrators to assist control. Only an idea and a thought.