Re: First Few Weeks After Ringing That Bell

Hi lucaboo. Hope your feeling better today and the wobble has done one and gone away. I have had date I say it 3 good days. Went to the office on Thursday which was strange as loads of new people joined in the las 6 month. I realised when I got ho e it was good for me and what I needed albeit I have been shying away from going into the office as been working full time from home and it’s great but only me in the office and I am a peoples person. Trying 2 days next week and 3 from home so will see how we get on. Of for first fitting of daughters wedding dress today which is exciting. Her fear bless her is what if she don’t like it as it was ordered 6 month ago. She will. Anyway I am on Tuesday 12 weeks from rads. Still get discomfort in the boob are others? Then you start to prod and poke which isn’t good. Have to say skin is looking great now. Scar is like my stomach lol just like a stretch mark. Have a great weekend all and speak soon. Either here or next door in STBF!!!

Wow thankyou Gill3105 and all you other lovely ladies for the hard work, and i love the name cant wait. Sorry been off radar in everyway as they say. Hopefully bit better tmrw. 

Hope all you ladies are well, im looking forward to fb group xxxx

Hello Ladies

It’s amazing that when I miss a day on the forum how much has gone on!!!! Had a busy couple of days but I’ve at least conquered the ironing. Just the spiders, cobwebs and moths to go - cats are helping but not quickly enough.

Thank you Gill for having me and thank you for setting this up for us all. Much appreciate the work you’re doing. Love the name - well done, Paulus, nice one.😉 I will PM you my FB user name over the weekend.

Welcome jclarke and how brave of you to text 5Live and be interviewed. Must have been quite emotional too.

I listened to the first set of podcasts and will go onto the new ones but I’m afraid, at the moment, I’ll end up sobbing my way through them and not actually listening to a thing.

Hope everyone is ok today and feeling positive. The sun is shining here and it’s quite warm too. My garden is calling me.

Love and hugs to everyone.

Rosie xxx

Almost there thistledown. Get your daughter to get you set up. Can’t have you missing from the group we need you 🤗

😄Tina Turner fan here too...love the name..

It’s set me off for the rest of the day..! 👍

Thank you for all the work you are putting in, Gill.

xx

Will do lilac thank you. Just getting it right then will click the button.

Give me a shout if you need anything Gill x

Love it Paulus. Simply the breast sisters it is. Will get on it today and get it up and running g.

Ohh Paulus.. I like Simply the Breast Sisters. Love a bit of Tina Turner

[ Edited ]

or ' Simply the Breast Sisters ' mcnulcc !! ' The Pink Parakeets !!'  '  Holding Us Together !! '

Gill I'm not very imaginative when it comes to things like this but what about Breast Sisters? Bell ringing friends? That's about as good as it gets from me im afraid xx

Hi lucaboo. If you send me your fb name via private message on here I will then invite you once it’s all good to go. Set it up tonight then saw there is already a breast Friends so deleted and ready to start again. Need name suggestions again please.

Paulus I wasn't offered chemo and I had clear margins but like you I had node involvement and am ER8. Guess I'm just going to have to wait until I see the oncologist and hope we have a better meeting than our last encounter. Have a good night everyone xx

[ Edited ]

Hello mcnulcc

No I didn't fess up. . . . after I'd mentioned the weight query, and she said what she thought, and that made some sense, I thought that maybe I better go back on them !!  She was saying that the Letrozole really was the best for my diagnosis etc . . .and I just couldn't own up !!  That was probably really childish, but I couldn't face a lecture, and I thought she'll have to tell the oncologist ( my unfavourite professional ), and then I'll get another lecture . . . .so sorry, I bottled out of owning up to 4 days Letrozole-free.

I'm sorry I can't guide you on this one . . . . xx

(A big part of me really wants to stop taking them - but as you say, the 'what if's' are psychological blackmail aren't they  -  and like I said in past, I didn't have good margins, I refused chemo, it was present in one lymph and I'm ER8 ?  )

Lucaboo Sue you need to message Gill via Facebook messenger. If you don't have this yet text me and I can guide you through it xx

Paulus did you mention at your review that you had stopped taking the Letrozole and did they say anything. Was an alternative suggested at all?. Just curious as I am seriously thinking of stopping taking them until I have my review on 5th October but then the sensible part of my brain is saying don't do it but I feel so depressed and ill taking these little buggers. I know I can't keep taking them for 5 years but petrified that I'm playing Russian roulette My head is in overdrive today. Anyone else feeling like this xx

Hi Gill3105 how do i pm  my fb page name to you? To join new group xxx

Hi Paulus and welcome jclarke. Hope all peaks very soon and then starts to calm down. As you can see from our threads we have everything. Every emotion you can think of and we have all been there and had many wobbles. This thread has been amazing and helped me loads. Paulus weight gain and not doing so much and hormones oh how wonderful hey. I joined weight watchers during my rads basically to get on a good eating plan and to lose weight prior to putting it on once the hormones kicked it. I have lost half a stone and feel great so I know if I do put weight on I have half a stone to play with as already lost it. I don’t lose every week but that’s fine with me so maybe the hormones are saying you will put weight on but my diet and excersise is saying no I won’t. Should have the breast friends up and running by Monday/Tuesday of next week. All I need for those who wish to join us is you fb user name. Don’t worry about the names etc as it is going to be a closed account and anybody joining will have to be approved. It will not be an open door I promise. So if you can send me your fb name along with your name on here so I know who is who lol. Once I have done it I will invite those names I have. Anybody will be able to find the page but nobody will be able to join or read anything within it till accepted by me or the other admins. Also we won’t be able to see your private fb either just the group but will put notes on once it up so you are all assured it is safe and private. Need to do it once and get it right first time. Speak laters my lovelies and hope all had a good day.

Been for my post-radiotherapy check  -  5 weeks since last zapps  -  and the therapeutic radiologist, to give her her full title, is really lovely and easy to talk to and with.  I think it's mainly the tiredness that I'm left with, and she said that we have to be kind to ourselves, give ourselves a break, because these bodies have had good and bad cells zapped, and the good ones are busy repairing themselves . . . . and she looked surprised when I said that I felt that the Letrozole might be nudging my weight up.  And she explained why.  That being more tired, I possibly am not moving and doing things at my usual pace, even though it might feel like I am?  I have to agree, she may well have a point, as I know Letrozole hasn't got weight gain as a usual s/e. ( That doesn't mean that it doesn't make me TOUCHY and MOODY !!)  So I may give the L's the benefit of the doubt, in view of my ER8, and after 4 days off, go back to taking the drugs.  We shall see.   

Welcome jclark, glad you found your way here. . . .that was me who replied to your post when you wrote in the 'ask the nurses' section  -  that MUST have been a Letrozole moment, my excuse was that I was scrolling through 'latest posts' and didn't pay any attention to the 'heading box. And it was the weekend, I didn't want you thinking thre was no one around. . . .only Nurse Paulus !!!

FB group sounds good - although I'm on there as myself ( I am actually not called Paulus can you believe ) - so I think I'll have to think up yet another alias . . . . . xx