cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Few Weeks After Ringing That Bell

Re: First Few Weeks After Ringing That Bell

Janebelinda...sending you the biggest hug, as ladies have said weve all had them and it wont be the last for sure. Youve been strong and brave all the way through treatment, then sudddenly it stops...and it all comes out. Jump on here lovely you will be in good hands here...always someone to jolly you on...be kind to yourself now and rest big love xxxx

Gill I have pm you x

Jane belinda. I had my melt down the week after rads finished but I think we have all had it at some point at the end of treatment. Let it out go with the flow and remember it probably won't be the last one you have but I think they just become less frequent. Hope you have minimal side effects but you know we are all here if you need us. Xxx
Community Champion

Hi Jane Belinda. Yes we have all been there. Welcome to our little group. Well done on completing rads. Keep up the fluids and exercise. Next 2 weeks all will
Peak. Come on here and just give us a shout I am sure we will be able to help you.

Breast Friends xx

And I PM'd you Gill.
Community Champion

One name idea. Bossom buddies!
Community Champion

Brilliant leave it with me and will set up. I am in the office tomorrow so will be Friday. Any who wouldn’t mind being an administrator could you private message send me your Facebook username so I can find you and invite you. Any suggestion on a name for it??

I don't mind helping out as admin either. Its a easy job when its just a small private group.
Xxx

Finished rads last night and on the way home, crawling in traffic, I had a total meltdown....floods of tears as everything that has happened to me / everything I’ve been through, flashed right before me. 

Has this happened to anyone else? Xxx

Count me in x

Hi ladies, im in if you want a facebook closed page, it will be a nice little community for us all, look forward to it. Chris im glad you got your cleaning done, youve made me feel guilty now lol..maybe ill do some tmrw ...

hope your all enjoying the sun today big hugs xxxxxx

Ha ha lilacmoon/Dave I'm sure you won't find a suitable bride on this forum as we are all mad with mixed hormones and would more than likely kill you on your first date possibly for telling one of us "You look so well"
I am on Facebook and would be happy to hear from others via a closed page I have never been an administrator but I am sure it can't be that hard so happy to help if needed. House is sparkling well downstairs is upstairs is still a tip but that's tommorows project husband dare not move as he might disturb the pile on my freshly vacuumed carpet. Can blame my out of control OCD on the hormone tablets xxx

I'm on FB so a private group on there is fine by me!!
Its a shame that this is a public forum as there are many private things going on and I do hold back on here. Not sure I've even posted my real name!!

Actually my names Dave and I'm trying to find myself a new wife, I dont work for a living but do make a bit of cash selling secondhand carparts on eBay............still interested??

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Community Champion

Hi ladies. A quick question and only an idea. How about a Facebook group? Closed of course. I can set one up but need other administrators to assist control. Only an idea and a thought.

Hello lovely ladies

It does sound like we are all in the same ship...but it’s not sinking!!!

Having said that I too am looking at a pile of ironing that just keeps growing 😩 and plenty of cobwebs in this house too. I am doing my best to ignore it all and try and enjoy the lovely sunny days left of the summer!!

Husband still sharing our bed though!!! And yes I laid awake last night, being a fidget and huffing and puffing for a fair while. I think it’s the same as Lilac, the worry gremlins arrive in the early hours and start off the ‘what ifs’!

I think I’m doing ok on the Letrozole although I feel absolute wiped out by about 9pm so not sure whether to blame that or just this whole emotional bc journey🤔 . Will see how it goes.

Lucaboo, thanks for asking about me, I’m ok and I think I’ve been strong mentally throughout. However I do feel quite fragile inside and although I feel people think I’m all ok and back to normal, I’m still not quite me. I’m finding my new normal. And Paulus, I think we all have a right to be a bit touchy after all of this.

i live in France, in Burgundy and was diagnosed about two weeks before my 60th birthday in February. Not a year I’ll ever forget.

Sending love and hugs to all you dear ladies from France.

Take care lovelies.

Rosie xxx

Community Champion

Hello all my lovelies. Good your doing ok lilac and great to see your thread. I am glad I started this thread because it is unbelievable how very similar we are all and our se,s. Has certainly helped me knowing it’s not just me feeling this way. Snap chris on hubby being in other room. Same here as I need to keep moving from hot to cold then I have to change the sheets as soaked plus he had hip replacement a few weeks ago so he to need room. Lay awake last night for 3 hours looking at the stars. Nothing in my mind at all but just could not sleep. Typical me saying yesterday how well I was sleeping. Housework yep cobwebs on cobwebs. Ironing is a floordrobe a baskets are full. Was in Liverpool last year. Love the place. Nice weather here today but bit breezy. More washing on the line to add to my floordrobe 😳. Hope we are all having a good day today and that it continues to Tomorrow! As lilac said this ship will not sink! Maybe call the thread come on board and join our 🚢. Have a great day all and speak later. X

Afternoon ladies. Just sat down for some lunch and thought I would see how everyone is doing. Paulus I'm also really tempted to stop the Letrozole. This is my 12th week on it and I just can't take much more of the side effects. Seem to have most of the ones mentioned in the leaflet only thing I haven't got at the moment is the joint pain but I suffered quite a bit with that when I was going through the menopause naturally so maybe I'm just not feeling it as much. My poor husband has been sleeping in the spare room since May when I had my operation firstly as he didn't want to knock me accidentally in his sleep and now as I simply can't stand the heat I have all the windows open and fight 50 rounds with Mike Tyson and insomnia each night so he has removed himself for now. Totally understand he needs his sleep but I get really anxious in the night and just miss him being there. Still no news from the oncologist feeling very let down by her she is definitely off my Christmas card list.!! Feeling a bit more energised today and have been giving everywhere a good clean. Embarrassing the number of cobwebs I have found now I'm really looking closer. Aim is to totally blitz downstairs today and hopefully upstairs tomorrow. With luck I will be so exhausted tonight I will be able to sleep. We live in Liverpool not far from the river so manage to go for some nice walks most weeks. I used to do a bit of running and only gave it up as I was working in London and had a weekly commute from Liverpool to London every Monday Friday. Was thinking I should really do something to up my fitness but think running is definitely out of the question might try some power walking. It's a lovely day here today bit cool but very sunny so might just bin off the rest of the housework and sit in the garden. Take care all love Chris xx

Yes Lilac

All in the same boat  -  but all ready to throw each other that lifeline every time we feeling like we might be sinking a bit.

Me also, having a bit of turmoil now, just been SO TOUCHY, like with PMT, and I am way past that, at 63.

I am now pinning the blame on the Letrozole, after 2 months on it, as my weight is starting to creep up a bit, and it took me 2 years to get to the comfortable weight I am now - been having more 'clicks' in my shoulder and neck than usual - so I have stopped taking the little bu**ers for the last few days, and tomorrow I have follow-up with the radiology team, just the standard 'how you doing' about 6 weeks after end of R/T.  I will speak to her about it.

My husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer when he was 49, had the prostactetomy, but 'it escaped', so over these last 15 years, his treatments have been a fairly dominant factor in this household ( it's defo in his family, father's side ) and he has been on the 3-monthly hormone jabs, and has put on a MASSIVE amount of weight in all this time.  Unlike me, he isn't quite a pro-active in his should I/shouldn't I treatments and self-care.

Anyway, I digress . . . it is just that old catch-22 of do I/don't I continue  -  and having refused chemo, before and after surgery ( I am Grade 3, had WLE and axillary clearance, ER8, was in 1 lymph node out of 11 removed ), I am aware of the risks I am taking. . . sigh.

Highlighted

Hello my lovlies xxxx
Sorry to have been a bit quiet but of course have had a wobble as well 😪 I've been listening to the You, Me and the Big C podcasts and really acknowledging the fact that what the ladies go through, thoughs and feelings wise, is how I often feel. So so sad to hear about Rachel, and as you have all said, I can't stand to read about it as its far far too close to home. Again, all of a sudden it seems to be everywhere and I really don't need reminders of the "What ifs". So that has caused my wobble and I even got to the brink of tears in my yoga class last night. We have been working on hip openers as the pelvis area is where we hold our emotional baggage and so releasing the tention there helps release the emotions.
That coupled with the fact that like Gill, my SNB scare is (although healing really well-looks like a stretch mark, which is fine as already have plenty of tbose!!!) a bit sore, well the general area around it. Again, maybe i over did things at yoga or Im lifting my laptop case around to much? Im going to see if work will let me get a case on wheels out of my expences. Reasonable adjustments and all that!!!!
So generally speaking just a few niggles with the boob. Ever so often if I get hot or just got out the bath/shower, I can still see a very faint outline of where the rads were. Not so much the hot pin prick pain now but have a small niggle that feels like I have a bruise under my skin. Thats about the best way to describe it! I always lie on my right side so Im thinking I've maybe been squashing myself so now, armed with my V shaped pillow Im propping myself up on my left. We shall see!!!
I live in Bedfordshire BTW. We have lovely villages and a fair few National Trust/English Heritage places and overall its not such a bad place to live. Originally I'm from London and have slowly moved out over the years. And I'm 48 😊

So hoping that everyone is generally ok and finding peace. Readying these posts really is such a comfort as we are all truly in the same boat. Thankfully its not sinking!!!

TC
💐🌻💐

Hi Rosieposie...how are you doing?. Hope your keeping strong mentally too. Thanks for the cream advice i will go into boots tomorrow and have a look. My boob is defo still cooking im just waiting for the ping sound i get from microwave lol....ive had rotten day today so i hope tomorrow bring some mental relief, but im so grateful to lovelies on here to have a chat to.
You can have many friends and family but no one knows the feeling except another person who has gone through what we have, and to be honest certainly from my own experience nobody is really interested how you cope mentally. Its like you have had the op and rads now all of a sudden your back to normal...phew i wish.

So im off to bed now to rest my weary head and boob lol...goodnight my lovelies speak with you all tomorrow...big loves xxxxxx

Hi Thistledown..omg youve made me laugh on a day i thought wasnt possible, about the drinking programme and you needing a drink. I swear to god i could drink myself to oblivion every night if i let myself after this diagnosis!

I think all of us are more sensitive to cancer ads or stories now i usually dont read them, but i happen to just stumble across that one today, ive struggled all day afterwards. I emptied the tissue box and just sat with a toilet roll forever rolling for the tears, and now i look a 100 with puffy eyes so ive put towel over mirror lol...should of put it over my head ha...lets hope tomorrow bettter day.

Hope your lymphodema eases its like a dominoe effect this treatment, or as Mcnulcc Chris says ...the girt that keeps on giving!! So true.

Anyway lovely ladies goodnite hope tomorrow fills you with happiness....your the beautiful ones..everytime xxxxxx

Good evening lovely ladies

Good to catch up with all your posts. I hope everyone has been feeling ok today.

Lucaboo I don’t know if it’s any help but I used and am still using Avene Xeracalm balm which I was prescribed through rads. It is for very dry and iritated skin and worked perfectly for me. I live in France and the Avene laboratories work with cancer doctors and patients to find the best solutions for sensitive skin. I’ve seen it in Boots in the UK so I know it’s available. Have to say it was brilliant and my oncologist was absolutely spot on with it.

Mcnulcc Chris I hope your cruise went well the other day and you had a good day. Not quite as you imagined though.😉

I’ve  been reading about Rachel Brand and feeling very emotional and sad - such an inspiring lady. I think maybe we are all so ‘raw’ from our own experiences and it hits us harder. Gill I too wake up and it’s my first thought each day - even feel a sob sometimes deep down inside some days. Hopefully it will get better as time goes on.

Thistle - fortunately I don’t have British tv here so miss the adverts and programmes like this but I can imagine how it all hits home. Good luck with your meditation.

Have a good evening everyone and take care lovelies.

Love Rosie xxx

Lucaboo Sue still waiting for oncologist secretary to call me back. GP is also chasing up now as went to see her yesterday because of the stomach aches looks like I have a water infection probably caused by the Letrozole. She agrees that I have given it long enough for the side effects to subside and thinks I should be trying something else to see if it suits me better. Went for a long walk along the front at New Brighton yesterday was good to blow the cobwebs away. Making the most of the still nice weather while I can. Thistledown keep strong i know some days can be grim but we are all in this together. Love and hugs to everyone xx

Hello all

Have not been here for a few days, nice to see your posts and know you are still all there and doing ok ! Lucaboo, your inspirational posts and advice have been lovely, agree with everyone too about the skin, I’m almost level with you, Lucaboo, one day ahead, skin above breast went all lumpy and itchy, not horrendous, but like when you’ve had too much sun ? Like those little water filled blisters, but these are not water filled and just itchy....have to laugh as I have a definite rads shadow mark, it’s like a big bat ear, makes me want to draw and fill in one on the other side ! It goes to each point of the five tattoo marks, but is most noticeable on the front where it arches up almost to collar bone.

The sorest bit of skin for me is the crease underneath as there is the big scar from the TM, it was getting pretty red, and angry, so I left off with the cream and just used a folded Polymem dressing, that helped, then I used that Medihoney barrier cream, and that was really good. Lovely stuff ! Pricey but definitely worth it, skin after 3 days is looking so much better.

Also fully agree about cancer programs and advertising everywhere, my friend urged me to see the Big C and Little Me presenter on breakfast telly, but I just caught a tiny bit on catch-up and turned it off I’m afraid...then I thought I’d watch “Drinkers Like Me”, a documentary with Adrian Chiles about the perils of boozing, - thought that would be safe...was it heck !! One of the people on there, who was classed as a compulsive binge drinker, when asked why, filled up and confessed to a previous battle with BC that left her with the fatalistic attitude that she now has - ie  - enjoy life while you can, which for her means getting regularly pie eyed on nights out, and not remembering anything about the evening... 🙁. It set me off anyway, wanted a drink to get over it! 

Trying to avoid this subject is proving difficult, for sure..I’m waiting for a counselling/CBT assessment, will see if this helps with the low moods ..and sleeplessness too ! We must all suffer similar low thoughts....I’m reading about mindfulness, and trying to meditate, the deep breathing bit I have to do anyway for Lymphoedema,..but the meditating bit is proving difficult, going to have to shut my cats out during sessions, as there is always one trying to pat my face, probably saying “Are you OK in there ....😼” 

Also still experiencing sore shoulder and arm ? Was at the Lymphoedema clinic today, and the nurse there     (she is one of the radiographers) said she didn’t think that was down to the rads... but surely..?  - yes, the Lympho makes the arm weaker, but it is thankfully still mild in my case. Will definitely remember not to run anywhere !! 😬

Anyway, fellow post-bell ringers, 😉- lovely to see you (in spirit anyway) from up here in currently sunny Cleveland (we border the North Riding of Yorkshire)..

(Gill, hubby and I love Derbyshire, we have friends in Chesterfield, they’ve shown us such beautiful areas, like Eyam and the Peaks, - and the well-dressing, well lovely! ) Our country is so beautiful isn’t it...trees are colouring with the leaves, now, I notice..let’s hope we get some sunny days to enjoy the season..

Cheers all...xxx

Community Champion

Hi ladies. Yes Chris every flippin advert is about it. I am sure it was before but I am sure it is in more or before we took little notice of it. What’s with these dam emotions. Good hour bad hour or good day not so good day. But remember we have come a long way and here we are. My mornings are the worse the second I wake the lump in the throat is there. After half an hour or so I am fine. Are we all sleeping well. Takes me a while to get to sleep but once asleep I am having 9/10 hours lol so shouldn’t complain. Where are we all from. I am from south derby.

Hi mcnulcc Chris omg i know. I didnt even know about the story and there it was onbthe headlines ive never followed it myself in fact did know till this morning, jesus wish i hadnt seen it set me right off. Hope you are feeling a little brighter after your rads have finn. Did u get appointment?? Big hugs xxxx

Hi Ladies. I have purposely avoided reading anything regarding the you me and the big C presenter. I saw her interview on BBC breakfast a few weeks ago and that was so sad. I know I will just be in bits if I read anything about her today. In not sure about you other ladies but everywhere I go at the moment there seems to be adverts or collections or posters about cancer. I'm sure it wasn't so prevelant a few months ago. It's very depressing isn't it

Hi Gill3015...thanks for the reply. Ive left the cream off that bit last night and it does seem to be less red. Ill see how it goes, i am just so fed up of appointments hosp etc etc as all you lovely ladies know, only too well. I know what you mean about running omg,  had to run across the road before so road raged hog mowed me down near finnished me off. 

Anyway my lovelies im having a bit of a wobble today, ive just been reading about the you me and big c presenter in daily paper, jesus wish i hadnt its set me off all upside down again.so im off out for a walk later trying to sooth my ruffled nerves.

Hope all you ladies have a lovely day ...big hugs as always...xxx

Community Champion

Hi lucaboo and all you lovelies. How are we all doing? Lucaboo you will start to see and feel changes over the next week. Give your rads team a ring and check out with them. It might not need the trip to see them but they will advise what to do. My nipple and surrounding area is like a halo and looks like it is going to stay that way but it’s all good and healed well. I am. 11 weeks post rads and still getting discomfort especially on my snb scar other than that it’s good. Bit of advice, don’t run 🏃‍♂️. I ran across a car park the other day as it was throwing it down with rain. Ouch lol flippin heck it hurt. So had to run the rest of the way holding my boob! Not a pretty sight. It soon settled but boy it let me know it is still healing inside there. So yes it’s all going to take time I suppose and don’t run before we can walk. Have a great day all and hope everything is all settling down and the emotions are easing. X

Hi u lovely ladies i hope your all doingwell after finnishing your rads. Can anyone advise me. Ive finnished my rads over weeks ago and obvs expected skin change. Skins mot too bad up to now but ive got this red rash like tiny spots going aroung areola and about ich around outside. Now its not sore but i wonder should i let cream off aquamax and let it get some air, or should i put mem dressing on, or dab of hydrocortisone. Really really dont wantvto see another hospital again for whole so any advives bee most appr.

Thanku my beatiful ones and goodnite xxxx

Hi lovely ladies, ive found this today and i thought i would post it here, on the first few weeks cos u may well be looking at your diets now treatment is over. This is what i found for keeping your estrogen levels down, that when the levels are too high make cancer cells grow......

Foods to AVOID

1. Coventional meat

2. Dairy producuced by cows which are fed by hormones.

3. Soy isoflavines, sugars, refinned sugar cakes etc 

4. Processed foods and canned drinks

5. Grains and beer fermented barley.

Foods to EAT IN ABUNDANCE

1. Citrus fruit...lemons oranges tangerines

2. Cruciferous veg...bok choy,sprouts,cabbage kale,cauliflower mushrooms.(throw handfull of each stirfry easy ).

3. Fish...be careful here only eat fresh fish, farmed salmon and some fish are hormone fed and pumped with antibiotics.

4.Flax seeds...anti carcinogenic...and claim to inhibit breast cancer cell growth. Helps body eliminate estrogen.

5. Green tea...helps liver metabolize hormones and fats.

6. Leafy greens, spinach dark ,green cabbage.

7. Seaweed..helps kick xenòestrogen out your body

8. Brazil nuts...if your estrogen dominant then ur probably lacking Selenium which is likely to elevate aromatase significantly.

9. Sesame seeds...helps get rid of toxic estrogen 

10.Turmeric and cayenne pepper helps liver get rid of cancer causing hormones. 

So ladies, this is what im going to try to keep my diet to. I just thought id share incase it helps someone else level out there hormones, i realise it wont apply to all but for those with estrogen dominance it might just give you a few pointers,  or perhaps didnt know what to eat.

Hope your all doing well my beautiful ones  xxxx

Who wouldn't want to be in Manchester/Salford instead of St Petersburg??!!!! Chris, Russia will always let you in so you'll get there in the end. Xx
Met a friend for dinner last night and it was just what I needed. We talked nonstop for over 3 hours.
Her best friend is about to start rads (for goodness sake, feels like every other person you meet has a loved one going through it!!) so I passed on my handy hints. Glad to be of service!!
So apart from de-wireing the bras I'm also on a mission this weekend to find a rubber brush as my cat is leaving a huge amount of fur everywhere and its the best things I can think of to stop my vacuum getting bunged up.
Such a rock and roll lifestyle I have...........
🤣

Mcnulcc Chris..so glad ur feeling brighter today. Hope you have lovely day with hubby tomorrow big hugs xxxx

Evening ladies. Glad to report feeling a bit better today. Went out for lunch with my sisters who always make me laugh. Was nice to go out and talk about total rubbish moan about husbands and kids and just be normal. Indulging husband tommorow by going on a six hour cruise up the Manchester ship canal. We should have been in St Petersburg today and tomorrow but I suppose Salford Quay and Manchester will have to do for now. Ha ha. Have a good weekend everyone whatever you are doing xxx

Sorry for typos  i type to fast lol x

Thankyou lovely ladies, i am glad to hear there is some comfy ones around. Im only small boobs so not usedcto waering bif full cup bras. Ill give it a few weeks till rads has finnished burningcthe the boob off me inside and then ill give them a whirl. I hope you ladies are all feeling better as the weeks go on. And hope Mcnulcc Chris is having a better day today....big hugs and love to all xxxxxx

My mission over the weekend is to take the wire out of my bras. They are too lovely to get rid of, so wire removal it is.

I didn't wear a bra at all during rad trips and during the day i wore crop tops and tightfitting vests from Primark. At the mo Im tending to wear sport type ones but will get back to my lovely ones after the weekend.

The scar from my SNB is a little sore at the mo so where the cup lays will have to be a considerable fact when the fancy bras come back out!!

🌻🌻🌻

Hello ladies

Thank you for those After Eights, Lucaboo they were delish - a little (or a lot) of what you fancy does you good!!!

Re bras, I wore, and am still wearing, crop top style ones - I’m fairly small and these were recommended by my oncologist as the most comfortable. No M&S over here unfortunately. 😞 However I have also done the same as Helena and taken the underwire out of my bras...seems to work quite well and is much more comfortable. Need to take them off as soon as get home though. I am 12 weeks on from rads and still find I have an itchy boob at times.

Hope everyone if feeling ok today.

Love Rosie xx

Lucaboo,

I also wore the M&S post surgery bras, as they are non-wired, supportive, and actually they are the most comfortable and flattering bra I have worn!  Took awhile in and out of the changing room at M&S to find the right size, but I am wearing them still  -  surgery was in May  -  I alternate, wash and wear, they dry very quickly.  They are maybe a bit more pricey than some other stores, but VAT-free, and have paid for themselves over this last 4 months.  I used to just wear an underwire £6 Sainsburys lacy type bra, and only now do I realise how unflattering they were to a woman of 63, lol !!!

Community Champion

lucabo

I wore the non wire bras that I bought from M&S whilst I was having rads which were lovely soft and supportive, After I finished rads I took the wire out of one of my usual bras on the op side and found that worked well.

Helena xxx

Can any of you ladies who are post rads tell me when you can wear a proper bra again after lumpectomy?. Ive worn tho soft crop top bra but god almighty they make me look like a sack of spuds, im so looking forward to getting bit support shape back...any ideas most appre..xxxx

Ha Rosie it is a lovely thread..im sending u some after eight mints. God ive been a pig today with chocolates but needs must...hope you all have a peaceful night. And dont forget live in the moment ...not the past...its gone..the future nobody knows..but the present time is where we are at..day by day my lovelies one step at a time....xxx

What a lovely thread this is? Thank you for your kind welcome and reassuring words, Helena, Gill and Lucaboo!

Sorry you are having a sad day Mcnulcc! I think the others have said it all but I’m sending some hugs to you too. No wonder you feel like this if you were supposed to be going on holiday today. There will be others and you’ll have a wonderful time when you go. My plans for a visit to celebrate my big birthday didn’t happen and I felt cheated.😢 However there will be another time!!

Glad to hear the coffee is always on, so I’ll bring the pastries!! I too am 60 and often think that we must make the most of our time and enjoy life. Now where are the chocolates...?

Love to you all

Rosie xxx

Hi JC, I am into 12 of 15 and I’ve been told to let the air to my boob as much as possible

Lilacmoon...you have my back girl...xoxox

Get hubby to play Rett think that was his name...should make u smile lol...stay strong lovely and text later uf ur still nit feeling better dont suffer alone xxx

Thanks for your messages hot bath and ginger tea tonight..... In the words of Scarlet OHara tomorrow is another day...,. Xx

After Eight Mints??? Good on ya girl 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Bleeding heck, for a bunch of strangers we are all the same with our ups and downs. But it gives me strength to know that what Im feeling is "normal" in the most un-normal situation to find myself in.

Deep breaths my lovelies and best foot forward xxxx

🌻💐🌻

Oh and justto make you lovelies feel better..ive just finnished a whole box of after eight comfort eating...know i now i should but today was a stuff it what the hell.....xxx

Ahh no wonder its sent u feeling down if u cancelled ur holiday. But my lovely Chris there will be more to come! I sometimes think well im 60 so ive prob got 15 or 20 years left fro natural old age related stuff without the cancer so stuff the cancer im not gonna spend my time worring about it cos what will be will be. And whatever comes our way we can deal with it together. I bet u were say in same waiting room as me at hozzy and we didnt even know!. So u shake urself down lady dust urself off and when u feel a bit less sickly , give urself a pat on the back on how far you come. You should be proud chris when u look what uve come through and come out the other end. But rest assured each time we all have a wobble over are yearly mammogram results and we will all of us...well if you need ill be sat there with you just ring.. Just remember were lucky than most we get a 3d mamm at royal every 12mths so that will check everything at very early stages. So pour urself a little tot of brandy good for you and say xxx#$%@& to cancer were here to stay. And im her for you and anyone else every step love and hugs lovely hope sickly feeling subsides xxxxxx