cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

April 2018 Radiotherapy

Re: April 2018 Radiotherapy

just home from number 4 of 29. Am very fair skinned so definitely now pink. Looking forward to a weekend off.

I've been struggling to work out what to wear to sleep in/ on the sofa in the evening as it still feels too cold to not have something on my shoulders, but my boob doesn't want to be covered. So I've taken an old T shirt and cut a boob hole in it. Super comfy. Just very glad noone can see me (hubby is currently in the US on a work trip!).

Lesley you make me feel exhausted just reading what you do daily! Well done you. Hope the extra tips help you sleep better. 

Number 6 for me today, looking a little dark under my arm, and the middle of my chest is a bit blotchy 🙈 radiographer said that is likely to react quicker as more sunlight has reached that part over the years! She said to try Aloe Vera but needs to be 99% - haven’t checked mine yet it’s in the fridge! Chest wall feels tight but can still do my exercises at the moment. One more then we all have a couple of days off..can’t wait! Xx

8/15 for me today and must admit had up and down days. Am feeling quite tired now and even though feel tired I too am having disturbed sleep. Tried out the mindfulness app, relax meditation and I found it helps relax me 😊, so am trying the same technique to help me sleep at night.

Sending you all ❤ & hugs xx

Maybe just the way your body reacts to the treatment. Just because they've never seen it before doesn't mean it's not the case. Everyone is different. Have a nice bath and a hot chocolate before bed I'm sure that'll sort you out. Makes me feel sleepy just thinking about it.

We are getting there slowy!!

I'm walking (briskly) for 30 mins and 15 mins on a static bike every day.  Plus I park at the wrong end of the hospital and walk the 1.5 miles there and back to radiotherapy each day.

I've stopped using my iPad/iPhone after 8pm.  

It will sort itself out! 🤞

Hi all. No 7 done just 8 to go. The hospital trips are beginning to get really boring now!
Sorry you've been experiencing disturbed sleep. I've not been too bad but I'm making sure I get some exercise in each day.

I'm definitely losing it - today was number 8 - not 7!!  all done now

Spoke to the girls and distrurbed sleep isnt something they have heard of before.  They suggested boring tv and a hot chocolate!!

I am trying to watch what I am eating so maybe it's a touch of hunger??

Anyway not the worst of things - just have to suck it up!!

Happy Thursday to all

xx

thanks Nat - it's sort of good to know its not just me!  But sorry to hear you are having a rough time sleeping too!

I'm going to mention it to the radiographers this morning - no 7 for me today ☢️😎

Lesley - yes, I've had the same (disturbed sleep). I usually sleep really well, and even did through diagnosis and after surgery, so it's really unusual for me. I'm on rad 4 today (so early days) but my first night i hardly slept, with really vivid dreams, and the last few nights I haven't slept well either. My fitbit sleep pattern tracking verifies that it's not just my imagination!

I wondered if it was the rads too? Wierd.

It certainly takes a chunk out of the day, as Nst says hang on in there - nearly the weekend and 2 days off!!

Can I ask - is anyone experiencing disturbed sleep? I normally sleep really well but I’ve had a couple of nights now of wakinf, also tossing and turning and not being able to sleep despite being tired.
It might be unrelated, it’s so easy to blame everything on the treatment!

Xx

BizzyLizzie,

sending you a hug. Sorry that the fatigue has hit so quickly. The journey time and travel really adds up, doesn’t it. It might just take 20 mins to be zapped but the round trip is taking me 2.5hrs every day.

Im also on day 3 (four today) and also fair skinned and turning pink. Slightly scared about how burned I will be by day 19,...

Hang on in there. It feels like it’s all consuming right now but we will be through it soon. 

Spent my birthday having 3rd session today - think due to having ME I am struggling with total fatigue , 

dizzy and already red - I am fair skinned.

i know fatigue is common but seems out of proportion with the small number of Rads.

Getting hospital transport as it is 30miles away and involves motorway and I am just too tired but this is on average a 5/6 hour round trip.

drinking plenty of water and using E45 lotion.

didnt expect to feel this dreadful so early on so very agitated sadly.

Community Champion

Butterflyflyfree

Yay a third of the way, nearly there, I know I think that is the worst of it the to and fro to the hospital.

Hope you are feeling much better soon xxxx

Had a panic yesterday as had a sore throat and thought it was a se of the radiotherapy..turns out I’ve got a cold 🙄 only the second one I’ve had in the last 9 months!
I’ve got a couple of really soft vests that I’ve been wearing, much easier!
Am a third of the way there now, although it’s a bit wearing going for appointments every day. Can’t wait for the weekend! Xx

Lesley -I’ve done the same. Am in spaghetti strap camisole type tops. so much more comfy than a bra! Am tempted not to go back to bras after all this is over!!

hi Knktnak

I had a bone density and CT scan after surgery and before chemo - everything came back clear, I got the info when I saw the Onc for chemo consent.  They spotted something on my liver which they suspected I had always had but repeated the CT after chemo just to make sure.  My BCN rang me to tell me that there had been no change therefore they were ruling it out.

Have you got an appt or arrangement in place to get the results of the scans?  They throw so much at you, I agree it can be overwhelming at times, but for me the worse bit was not knowing when I would know the outcome of everything. 

Rads are ok - obviously not something any of us want to go thru, but they are very doable. 

And yes it is good to be able to get things off your chest on here, knowing that someone will come back with "I felt exactly the same" etc.  Friends and family don't always understand, and I find its the little things that can cause the big problems in my head!

take care

xx

Hi ladies

I had my planing yesterday and my rads start April 23rd, also had a bone density scan and this Saturday due a ct scan of my thorax,abdomen and pelvis with contrast.  All becoming overwhelming now and feeling very anxious.  I've been told bachs rescue remedy is very good and helps.  It's so nice to be able to come on here and share as don't won't to worry friends and family with my worries.

big hugs to all you lovely ladies.

Xxxx

🤣  I have coffee with an friend two mornings a week when they are working at the same hospital for my rads!  Fortunately we are taking it in turns to buy the coffee! ☕️  Good distraction though!

6 down 9 to go. Into single figures. I go into town early with my MIL and SIL as they work close by and are going in anyway. It's costing me a fortune going for a coffee every morning with my SIL before rads appointment. Fun tho!

Number 7 ticked off for me this morning.

I've been advised to go bra/croptop less as much as possible, not so much 'sunburn' as chaffing - bizarrely enough I had already decided to do this so had gone today wearing a little spaghetti strap t-shirt under a jumper..... obviously the way forward ..... job for today - getting all my other t-shirts out!

Hope everyone gets on ok today

xx