Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

April 2018 Radiotherapy

Re: April 2018 Radiotherapy

Thank you Andi and Cassie Smiley Happy xx

Community Champion

Hi Jencat,
As ever, the prospect of it plays on the mind, but I found it all quite straightforward & oddly, quite enjoyed it as I found it interesting & you get to know the team & others in your time slot. Crikey, just remembered, I was in the middle of rads exactly 2 years ago!
ann x

Good luck today Jencat. Rads is so easy. It's just quite boring.
Andi only 5 to go that has flown!! Nearly there.

Good luck Jencat you will be amazed how simple and quick the whole process is.
I'm on my last 5 days this week and it really has flown by.
Good luck to everyone for the end of April rads.
See you in the May thread xxx

Starting radiotherapy at long last tomorrow! Feeling a bit apprehensive now though, but I suppose that's normal! xx

Last one tomorrow Lesley! Be careful when you ring that bell! Smiley Happy xx

Well done Butterfly and enjoy your lie in tomorrow! x

Hurray delighted  you are done and its all over!

Enjoy the future xx

I bet it was nerve racking, waiting game is tricky to cope with and bc gives us a lot of this vibe!..I'm getting annual ones from now on and I expect I'll be nervous too.

I'm so glad monday is the last one and I'm looking forward to not having to travel so early and have a slower start each morningSmiley Happy…I will keep up with the cream and fluids…and lots of hugs to you too,
Lin xx

Happy days- i wish you the very best of health! xx
Community Champion

Dusty

Thank you so much, it was a bit nerve racking waiting for the results but oh so lovely when he said it was all clear, my hospital only does the first one 18 months after op, unlike others where it is 12 months, so it has been quite a wait.  I will be having them annually now so something to look forward to every April!! Smiley Happy

Will be ringing the doorbells for you on Monday mate, yay just no more to and fro every day, that will make such a difference, it was the bit I hated, being controlled by that one apt every day.

Make sure you carry on your regime for a couple of weeks after you finish. and keep up the fluid intake.

Sending you loads of hugs

Helena xxx

Hi Helena,i noticed a post you made on another thread and that your mammogram me was clear- so pleased to hear this!
I have one rads session to go and tired but alright and my skin/boob not too sore either…I wish you the very best of health xx

Well done Butterfly. Enjoy the weekend. 

Thank you Helena and Cassie xx

Well done butterfly!!
I hope everyone had a good week under the grill. Enjoy 2 days off x

Hi Andi

yes I did have a dexa scan, I received the results by letter 3 weeks after the scan.  Had to see my G.P. about it and been given bisphoshonate tablets, just have to take once a week alongside the calcium/vit d tablets.   Been advised to see dentist before taking to see if need any dental work doing, I'm going to leave it until my rads are finished, my 1st week is over and just have another 2 weeks left.  

Good luck to all you lovely ladies and wish you all a great weekend.Xxxx

Community Champion

Butterflyflyfree

I have just been out and rang my doorbell for you finishing treatment, and flipping heck it is wet out there Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Yes they recommend that you carry on your regime for two weeks after the rads finish, also carry on with the fluid intake as well as you might still feel the dehydration effects of the rads and it will help with the fatigue.

Well done mate this has been a hard slog for you but another milestone has been reached and can be ticked off.  No more back and forward each day

Sending you loads of huggles

Helena xxx

Hi Andi all done and dusted, phew 😅 No more holding my breath! I’m pleased to say the whole rads experience wasn’t too awful, didn’t particularly enjoy being exposed and cold on the bed, but it wasn’t for long and the radiographers were very kind. 

Was told to keep an eye on my skin for another couple of weeks as it can continue to be affected, but if all is fine after that, I can return to my usual skin care routine. Will be seeing the consultant at that point which will be reassuring. 

So keep going ladies, enjoy the weekend off and you’ll soon be there. Good luck to any May ladies too. Xx

Five sessions left for me.....

good luck everyone. 

Evening everyone

How did the last one go Butterfly?

Good Luck BizzyLizzy let us know how you get on.
Nat when do you finish?
I've got 6 sessions left and so far so good. Fatigue kicks in most evenings but I'm sticking with the 2 litres of water. Last one on 4th May.
Knktnak did you have a Dexa scan which revealed your low bone density? I had my scan this week but results not available for 4 weeks.

Good luck to everyone as we approach the end of April xx