cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Angiosarcoma

Re: Angiosarcoma

Thank you Petal , all your support means a lot .

Hugs,
Jill xx

Oh Jill

I was thinking of you yesterday and hoping it would be good news for you. This is such a horrible disease and very unfair.

Try and stay strong we are here for you. Sending you lots of love and hugs xxx

Thank you Sharon , Em and Lucy for your caring thoughts . This group has provided such wonderful care and support .

I am feeling stunned and shell shocked to be honest , can't believe this is happening to me , just hope the CT scan happens soon and the results allow them to let the operation go ahead .

Hope things are going better for everyone else ...

Hugs,
Jill xxx

Dear Jill,

I'm so sorry to hear your news, really don't know what to say so just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and sending every possible good wish your way.

xx

Sharon

Highlighted

Hi Jill
I am sorry to read that you are having such a worrying time, please don't forget that our helpliners are on hand for you with a listening ear and support - lines are open 9-5 during the week and 10-2 Saturdays on 0808 800 6000

Take care
Lucy BCC

Oh Jill I am so sorry Smiley Sad

I don't know what to say really, other than I am thinking of you and sending love and hugs.

I hope they pull their finger out now and the ct scan is very soon. Stay strong.

Emxx

Well today brought the worst of all possible news !! The angiosarcoma had returned to my scar site , and has also developed in my remaining breast !! It is very aggressive to have returned so soon , plus really unusual to be in the other breast . As it is a cancer of the blood vessels I suppose it can move anywhere ...bummer .

Next step is to have a CT scan to see if it has spread to my brain , lungs or liver ....then more surgery . Second mastectomy and another WLX on my scar to remove that patch !! To say I am stunned is an understatement . I thought it might be back in the scar but did NOT see it being in my other breast .
Nothing can be done till CT scan is done ...so guess what ? Still playing the waiting game !!!
Jill xx

Thank you so much for your love and support Em and Petal , means a lot . Will let you know how I get on ...am going to try munching my way round Malton Food Fair to take my mind off things . Worry and stress are really NOT good for the diet !!

Hugs ,
Jill xx

Keeping everything crossed for you Jill. Good luck and sending lots of hugs xx

Since this whole thing started I think it is the waiting for results that has been the most stressful part. I hope you can have a peaceful weekend, and I will be thinking of you on Tuesday.

Hugs.

Emxx

I have an appointment for my biopsy results , Tuesday 26th . It has been really stressful waiting , almost two weeks since my biopsies were taken . Can't really believe that it takes soooo long for the path labs to do the tests .

Roll on Tuesday .... hope everyone else is coping with treatments and keeping well .
Hugs,
Jill x

Thank you Em , everyone on this forum is really wonderful . It is so good to have a place where you can write and say what you think , can't tell you how much it helps .
Hope things are going well for you .

Hugs,
Jill x

Hi Jill

Sounds like you have had quite a couple of days! I hope you have something good to distract you while you get through the wait for results.

I will keep everything crossed that you get the best news possible.

Take care,

Emxx

Latest up date ....feeling a bit like a Swiss cheese tonight ...so full of holes in my chest , I shall have to be careful how I drink my tea . LOL.

Went for my skin punch biopsy on Monday , and my consultant was lovely ...said he was not too concerned with the patch on my scar , but did the biopsy anyway . He expressed more concern over a lump in my one remaining good breast ....prodded and poked and said I needed a mammogram and ultrasound biopsy as soon as possible !!! Eeek .

By this time the Imaging Suite was closed , so I went back this morning ....had a mammogram , then ultrasound scan .....lovely young radiographer , said she could see the lump so would do guided biopsy there and then . Also said that they could see a swollen lymph node next to the lump , so would biopsy that too . Double eeek !!!

Upshot was the doctor did about 4 punch biopsies on the lump and a FNB on the node ....so feeling very battered and bruised . Of course now I have to wait for the results ....probably take 7 - 10 days ......

All I can think is , here we go again .... but is this the angiosarcoma spreading or the breast cancer returned ???? Why oh why do results take sooooo long to come back ? Nerves are in shreds ....

Hope everyone else is faring better ....
Hugs ,
Jill x

Hi Nenya,
Thanks so much for asking , really appreciate that . Finally managed to get an appointment for Monday afternoon , so hoping that will know more then . Of course if he does a biopsy then , will have to wait for results . Have just stuffed my face today trying not to worry ...waiting is not good for the diet .LOL .
Hope you are keeping well and recovering from the rads without too many reactions .
Hugs,
Jill xx

Have you had any news? Xxx

Just keeping my thread alive , as I feel it is important not to let this awful disease be swept under the carpet . Still not heard from the hospital re my skin punch biopsy , so will have to ring on Tuesday and enquire . Why have all my biopsies and results fallen on bloody bank holidays ? ...grrrrrr. It is soooo stressful having to wait those extra days . Keep looking at my mastectomy scar trying to work out if there really is a patch of bruising there or not !!!
Now also have a tender ' lump ' on remaining breast just below the armpit . Will mention this when I ring ....to be honest I would be happy with a second mastectomy .
Hope everyone is keeping well and coping .
Hugs,
Jill x

Went for my first visit to the oncologist today , lovely young man ....wonder if his mum knows he is out !! Very nice bedside manner ,and answered all my questions . Some good news and bad ....good news was that the biopsy from my haematomas was clear ..hurrah ...bad news was he didn't like a small bruise on my scar line , so is sending me to the clinic for a skin punch !!
As the most common site for recurrence is in the lung , he also sent me for a chest x-Ray . Apart from all that the plan is to have three month follow ups with any necessary tests etc .
So holiday to France is put on hold again for a while ...bummer .
Hope everyone is keeping well .
Hugs ,
Jill x

Well missing out on our holiday had its bonus , as I went back to see the consultant about my seroma . He sent me for an ultrasound and then they drained it whilst watching the image . Turned out to be a haemotoma and they drained 350ml of blood from it . At least it was only that and not the sarcoma returned , which the consultant did think was a possibility as it was so large and hard . they have taken a sample for biopsy just in case . Nothing is ever straight on this BC journey !!
Hope the rads are still going well and the boob is not too sore and red . Is the Doublebase cream water soluble ? They told me I had to use a cream that was water soluble and soap alternative and dolled out aqueous cream . So that it washed off easily in the shower...
Hugs,
Jill xx

Hi Jill
Session 5 this teatime, my poor boob is cherry red and a bit swollen and slightly puffy under my arm. Apply loads of aloe Vera and doublebase cream.
First trip beginning of June then walking festival first weekend in October, today whilst waiting for my session (over an hour late) I was thinking I could do with some time away before my return to work!!

My thoughts are with you. I personally find waiting to know what the plan is is the hardness so you are in my thoughts. Take care lots of hugs Jane xx