cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrified and abroad please help

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Terrified and abroad please help

Hi sarahjgtx130

Thanks for posting about the large breast lump you have found while on holiday in France.

At Breast Cancer Care, we encourage everyone to be breast aware. Being breast aware means getting to know what your breasts look and feel like normally (for you).

As you have noticed this lump you can make an appointment with your GP to have it checked as mini mad mentions. You may want to contact your GP while you are in France to have the appointment lined up for when you get back to England. Seeing a doctor in France is another possibility but may be quite difficult to arrange and you may need a number of tests.

Breast changes can happen for many reasons. They may be part of normal development, hormonal changes as part of your monthly cycle (period) or due to benign conditions (not cancer).

Unfortunately I cannot say whether this lump is breast cancer. However, breast cancer is not common in women in their 40s but it’s understandable you are concerned though and it needs to be checked.  

Do call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open. 

Best wishes

Grete

Breast Cancer Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer. This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Hi sarahjgtx130

Thanks for posting your question.

We hope to be able to respond to you tomorrow.

In the meantime our Helpline is open from 9am tomorrow if you would like to talk things through. 

If you do phone our Helpline please let us know that you have asked a question on our forum so that we know your query has been answered. Thank you.

With best wishes.

Megan

Ask Our Nurses 

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer .

Absolutely...  get yourself a doctors appt as soon as possible.

probably nothing but pls get yourself checked out.

good luckn let us know what happens.

🤞🤞🤞xx

Terrified and abroad please help

Can anyone please help me. I am currently 5 days into a 14 day holiday in France. Yesterday I woke up with a very tender left breast. When examining I found a large lump very obvious. I have never felt this before and it has literally come from nowhere. My breast is so painful and tender even Ealing without a bra hurts. It now looks bruised around the top of my nipple and the lump today seems much bigger again. I finished my period 3 days ago so it’s not pre menstrual and I have never had anything like this before. 

I am so scared and cannot get to my dr until the 7th August. Should I see if I can go to a dr here in France? Is this likely to be breast cancer? I am not breast feeding and have not for some years so I don’t see how it could be an infection etc.

Im 40 years and normally fit and well. 

Can anyone help me?

Thank you