Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New and with a question

7 REPLIES 7

Re: New and with a question

Hi sillyfroggy

Thanks for posting.

It sounds as if you have been through a lot.

Helly and Shi are right it’s important to get breast changes checked out as soon as possible. Most changes are due to benign (not cancer) conditions but you need to be sure so do make an appointment to see your GP. Your GP may suggest referring you to the breast clinic.

I imagine the thought of all this when you have so recently had a heart attack and experiencing other cardiac issues feels very unlucky as you say. Perhaps it would help to chat things through.

Do feel free to call our confidential Helpline. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our information Know your breasts: a guide to breast awareness and screening may also be of interest.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

Best wishes

Jane

Breast Cancer Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer. This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Community Champion

Hi Sillyfroggy,

You sound very down to earth to me & love your humour...certainly Not a hypochondriac

Do get it checked out, chances are all’s well & it’s a bruise as you say, but only the GP/breast clinic can sort it out.  

Gin’s good!!

cheers

ann x

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Sorry silly frog got auto changed to crazy frog 💕✨Shi xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Silly frog ❤️You are better to be an alive hypocontract than not darling and don’t give a stuff what anyone else might say or think (the medical professionals won’t think that for a second believe me anyway, they are in the business of trying to save our lives, that is their upmost concern) please don’t wait, mine grew from 2cm to 5 cm in 6 weeks it was grade 3 and aggressive, if I had not gone as soon as I found it and got immediate attention thank God, I might not have got away with being a primary. Like I said crazy frog, it will give you peace of mind and could save your life and you are a 🥊🥊💪💪🥊🥊fighter after all you’ve already been through 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Thanks both 😉

I’ve confessed to my cardiac forum and apart from the fact that the thread has denigrated into talking about gin, they’re of the same mind. (Nothing like a heart attack or similar to give you the right focus for life - gin!)

i think my worry is more that im going to sound like a complete hypochondriac, get one serious illness mostly sorted and 2 weeks later mithering about something else. I feel stupid even asking online! The chances of it being anything but a super bad bruise are zero?

hmmmm

Hi Sillyfroffy,

Please go and get it checked out, I found a pea sized lump and my GP referred my to the breast clinic straight away but where I live there are some delays so I wasnt seen for 4 weeks. I had ultrasound on 28th May and the tumour was 10mm, when they removed it on the 13th June it was 15mm so fast growing and grade 3.

You can never be too careful with your health

Best wishes

Helly x

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

😘sillyfroggy, glad you’ve popped on here and asked. You get yourself to doctors and get checked just to be on safe side, please don’t wait. They should see you same day or next day for breast concerns. You’ve been through such a lot and it’s good you are being vigilant on everything ❤️❤️please don’t put it off, it’ll give you peace of mind. 😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

New and with a question

Hi all,

l’m a cardiac patient on blood thinners. My heart attack was in April, and lots of other heart mischief was found which has been dealt with over the last few months.

i had some complex work done on my main coronary artery last Thursday, immediately after which they did an echocardiogram to check the arteries weren’t springing a leak! To get the right view they had to be pretty brutal - and last night my husband was aghast at the massive bruise on the underside of my left boob. Obviously, being on the blood thinners makes me a professional bruiser so no surprise really.

However, since all this has cropped up I’ve not even thought to do any boob exams. Last night I lifted up the breast to have a gander and felt a 2-3cm long very bobbly (not smooth) hard lump, very near the chest wall. Would this be part of the bruise? (it’s huuuuuge and very black!). I’ve lost almost 2 1/2 stone since my heart attack and honestly can’t remember the last time I did a check. I’m 51 and had a clear mammogram last year. I was on HRT until my heart attack and fingers crossed it now looks like I’m through it - periods stopped and not feeling too hot or murderous!) I’ve previously had a fibroadenoma, cyst and 2 clusters of microcalcifications in 2012 (not all in 2012 just the  microcalcifications) all in same breast.

my current plan is to wait 4 weeks and see if the lump disappears as the bruise resolves. I cannot go straight-faced into my surgery with a breast lump after 3 trips to hospital on blue lights with heart problems! Hopefully that’s all fixed now apart from a dodgy mitral valve!

surely I couldn’t be this unlucky?!

thanks for being patient with my ramblings!