Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lump - worried with questions

1 REPLY 1

Re: Lump - worried with questions

Hi Tisa 85]

Thanks for your post.

It’s natural to feel worried when you notice something unusual for you.  It’s good to hear you’ve made an appointment to see your GP to get this checked out.

If your GP is unsure about what may be causing this lump, s/he may refer you to a breast clinic. This doesn’t necessarily mean that you have breast cancer, just that further tests are needed to find out what’s going on.

If this happens, you can read more about what to expect at this appointment here.

You mention it’s a bit sore and getting bigger. If you’re concerned it may be a breast abscess that’s become infected, do speak with your GP surgery.  It may be they can offer you an earlier appointment.

Alternatively, you can search the NHS choices website for your nearest walk-in centre.

Do call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

Best wishes

Heidi

Breast Cancer Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer. This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

Lump - worried with questions

Hello

I’m new to this site, I was hoping to find some advice about a lump I’ve found. Our GP surgery is very busy so I’m going to have to wait a while until my appointment on the 28th. Any help would be appreciated!

A few weeks I found a little bump between my collarbone and breast. I expected it to be stubborn acne but it stayed and stayed so I kept an eye on it. I felt it get a bit firmer and even more so last week and then this week I discussed with my husband because I couldn’t understand what it was.

Anyway this morning I woke up and it is now a much bigger lump, like if I pull it up it’s like a little marble. It’s like an iceberg where there’s a slight bump that’s visible and then this much bigger thing hiding underneath. It’s a bit sore when I touch it, but I’m not aware of any pain as I go about my day

I’m assuming it’s a cyst or something like that but I found out that my mum’s aunts had breast cancer so I’m a bit worried. My underarms are painful due to ME/CFS but the right underarm on the side of the lump is always more painful...I just thought I’d add that just in case it’s relevant

Thank you!