Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2yrs post primary, new symptoms

3 REPLIES 3

Re: 2yrs post primary, new symptoms

Hello Car1na,

Thanks for your post.

It’s understandable that you are worrying about the pain you’ve recently developed down your arm, across your chest and shoulder blade.

It’s not possible to know what might be causing the pain you’re having. As Anniei mentions, pain can be due to different reasons and anastrozole can cause an aching pain in the joints and muscles. However, as this is a new pain, we would recommend that you contact your hospital treatment team or your breast care nurse and let them know. They can assess you to find out the likely cause and also be able to suggest how the pain can be managed.

In the meantime, you may it helpful to contact your GP for help with the pain you are having at night. They may be able to suggest a different type of pain relief so that you are able to have a better night’s sleep.

At Breast Cancer Care, we offer a variety of services which may help support you now or in the future.

Do call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open. 

Best wishes

Teresa

Breast Cancer Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer. This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Hi Car1na

Thanks for posting your question.

We hope to be able to respond to you tomorrow.

In the meantime our Helpline is open from 9am tomorrow if you would like to talk things through. 

If you do phone our Helpline please let us know that you have asked a question on our forum so that we know your query has been answered. Thank you.

With best wishes.

Megan

Ask Our Nurses 

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer .

Community Champion

Hi Carina,  I feel for you. Please get in touch with your hospital and get it checked out. I had very similar symptoms and it has turned out to be Lymphedema. Fortunately it’s quite minimal, but the pain isn’t, or wasn’t. With this disease you really need the experts as we can drive ourselves mad second guessing stuff. Wishing you well. 🍀🤞x

2yrs post primary, new symptoms

I had primary BC treatment in 2017 age 31. I had 2x WLE, radiotherapy x20 and onto hormonal treatment which I have struggled with starting with tamoxifen. I moved from letrozole to anastrozole in April this year.

About 6 weeks ago I felt like I had developed cording again as was getting pain down my arm and across my chest. For the last 4 weeks I have been getting pain in my shoulder blade which is particularly bad at night as I cannot get comfortable however I lay and it is waking me up. Pain isnt really responding to pain relief.

Is this SEs from anastrozole or potentially something more serious. Feeling worried as many young BC friends are or have secondary dx now.