Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What treatment can I expect

1 REPLY 1

Re: What treatment can I expect

Hello Floyd1968

Thanks for your post.

From the information you have posted it sounds like tamoxifen or another hormone therapy would be a possible treatment for you. This is because your tumour is ER+ and you have DCIS and a small focus of invasive breast cancer.

When you next have an appointment you could ask the doctors or your breast care nurse, if you have one, the following:

• As my cancer is ER+ what hormone therapy will I be prescribed?
  • What does HER2 equivocal mean?

You may find it helpful to use our Someone Like Me service has over 200 volunteers who have had a personal experience of breast cancer and are trained to provide support. The volunteers are able to talk to you by email or telephone.

Do call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Alternatively you can email our nurses directly and we’ll send a private reply or you are welcome to start a new thread.

Best wishes

Rachel

Breast Cancer Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer. This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

What treatment can I expect

I was diagnosed with DCIS back at the end of July. I had a lumpectomy on the 13 aug and was told 2 weeks later they had found a 4mm invasive tumor, margins were clear. Now scheduled for a SLNB on 24th sept, tomorrow. 😢. I was told before they found the tumor I would have to have rad therapy and possibly tamoxifen. I am ER+ PR- and HER2 equivocal. I will be meeting with my dr before the SLNB, what questions should I be asking because everything I have read indicate that tamoxifen won’t work for me. I’m struggling to find answers to my situation. Is there anyone else that’s been in my shoes. Please help.