Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wearing softie after surgery

1 REPLY 1

Re: Wearing softie after surgery

Hi Ladypink

Thanks for posting.

In the first few weeks after surgery most women wear a soft bra that isn’t too restrictive. If your pre-surgery bras are soft and comfortable then it is fine to wear these. It’s best to avoid an underwired bra while the area is recovering from surgery.

You can put the softie in any comfortable bra. You may find that the softie rides up because it’s so light. It may look better and feel more secure if you adjust the stuffing and either stitch it to the bottom of your bra or keep it in place with a safety pin.

Once your scar area is fully healed and any swelling has gone down (usually within six to eight weeks) you can be fitted for a permanent silicone prosthesis if you choose.

Do call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

We are currently reviewing our Forum service and wonder if you would have five to 10 minutes to complete a short survey. The survey will help us gather information about this service and understand more about any improvements we can make.

Best wishes

Anne

Breast Cancer Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer. This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

Wearing softie after surgery

I  had surgery for a masectomy on Feb 13 but so far have not worn a bra. I was given a softie while in the hospital. Can I just put it into my original pre surgery bra?  If so what is the best way?

Thanks