Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for results

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Waiting for results

Hi Lisa1985

Thanks for your post.

It’s understandable you’re worried about the breast lump you have described and are wanting to know how long it is normal to have to wait for tests and results.

Results from initial tests which may be carried out at the breast clinic are normally available within a couple of weeks.

If these results are inconclusive and further tests are required time scales may vary depending on the individual situation. Someone should explain to you how and when you can expect to hear about further tests and appointments.

I wonder if you could ring the breast clinic and ask to speak to one of the breast care nurses. Part of their role is to support women who are having tests and investigations and they may be able to explain what to expect. If you’re unable to contact them and are in England, the Patient Advise and Liaison service (PALS) at the hospital you attend may be able help put you in contact with someone who can help.

Do call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

Please be aware that we will be closed on Saturday 23 March, Friday 29 March and Saturday 30 March due to an office move. This may cause a slight delay in our response times especially for forum posts received from Friday 29 March to Monday 1 April. Thank you for your patience during this period. 

We are currently reviewing our Forum service and wonder if you would have five to 10 minutes to complete a short survey. The survey will help us gather information about this service and understand more about any improvements we can make.

Best wishes

Val

Breast Cancer Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer. This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Re: Waiting for results

Hi Lisa1985

Thanks for posting your question.

We hope to be able to respond to you tomorrow.

In the meantime our Helpline is open until 4pm today if you would like to talk things through. 

If you do phone our Helpline please let us know that you have asked a question on our forum so that we know your query has been answered. Thank you

With best wishes.

Megan

Ask Our Nurses 

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer .

Waiting for results

Hi I found a lump around 6 weeks ago went to my gp and was given antibiotics for mastitis, the lump got bigger so I was referred to the breast clinic. I had a biopsy done and waited the 2 weeks for results only to be told they were inconclusive. I was told I’d have to have a mammogram biopsy and I’d be rang on Monday with a date for this week, I had to ring the hospital myself to try and sort a date as I’d heard nothing, I’m also being sent for a ct scan which I’ve also heard nothing about. As you can imagine I’m very worried about what this lump could be as my breast had also lifted and dimpled underneath is it normal to have to wait this long? Thanks x