Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vitamin E

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Vitamin E

Hello Sunbeam

Thank you for your post.

The current evidence about vitamin E and breast cancer relates to its oral form, when it’s taken as a supplement to help with menopausal symptoms. In the NICE guidelines it explains that vitamin E should not be prescribed to help with the menopause because its effectiveness is not clear and there has not been enough research to support its use.

It is fine to use vitamin E on the skin.

Do call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Please note our Helpline will be closed on Saturday 17 November for training purposes. 

Alternatively you can email our nurses directly and we’ll send a private reply or you are welcome to start a new thread.

Best wishes

Rachel

Breast Cancer Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer. This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Re: Vitamin E

Hi Sunbeam

Thanks for posting your question.

We hope to be able to respond to you tomorrow.

In the meantime our Helpline available from 9am tomorrow morning if you would like to talk things through. 

If you do phone our Helpline please let us know that you have asked a question on our forum so that we know your query has been answered. Thank you

With best wishes.

Lisa

Ask Our Nurses Co-ordinator

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer .

Highlighted

Vitamin E

I have oestrogen positive and her 2 breast cancer. I came across NICE recommendations that vit e should not be given to relieve menopausal symptoms. It has also been suggested it can stimulate oestrogen cancer growth. Given the suggested links between some things interfering with treatment how can i manage my skin by avoiding vitamin e?