Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tamoxifen over eating

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Tamoxifen over eating

Hi Karry

Thanks for posting.

Breast cancer treatment can really impact on someone’s weight and energy levels. Many women find their weight increases and they struggle to lose weight.

You may want to have a chat with your GP or practice nurse. They can offer information and support regarding weight loss and physical activity. There are some medical reasons why someone is constantly hungry so they may want to check for this before making weight loss suggestions.  Other medical conditions can impact on the sort of exercise someone can do and having a hernia can restrict certain types of physical activity.

It sound as if the fit bit has been helpful with achieving 10,000 steps a day.  Our information about weight loss might be helpful and the NHS has a 12 week weight loss programme, which also might be if interest. Some women find the support of a weight loss group is what helps them.

Do call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

We are currently reviewing our Forum service and wonder if you would have five to 10 minutes to complete a short survey. The survey will help us gather information about this service and understand more about any improvements we can make.

Best wishes

Jane

Breast Cancer Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer. This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Re: Tamoxifen over eating

Hi Karry

Thanks for posting your question.

We hope to be able to respond to you on Monday.

In the meantime our Helpline is open between 9am and 1pm tomorrow (Saturday) if you would like to talk things through. 

If you do phone our Helpline please let us know that you have asked a question on our forum so that we know your query has been answered. Thank you

With best wishes.

Lisa

Ask Our Nurses Co-ordinator

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer .

Tamoxifen over eating

Hi I’m into my 6 years clear 27/9/2019 I’m on tamoxifen got another 5 years to go To be fair i don’t get many side affects from tamoxifen because I had fibromyalgia & cfs before cancer so used to pain fatigue 24/7 My problem is I just can’t stop eating I weight 13stone 5 my bmi 29 I’m 5ft 7 I have a fit bit even though I struggle I still get 10000 steps plus a day in core exercise is hard as I have hernia from my op I’m still waiting for reconstruction but I want to feel more energised & lose this fat round my stomach but as I said I just don’t stop eating healthy food juicing junk food never full I never ate like this before cancer I was Size 12 now I’m 18