Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Painful neck and shoulders

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Painful neck and shoulders

Hello Serenity18

Thanks for posting.

It can take many months for the tissue to settle and heal after surgery. It might well be that the fact the scar is adhering to the chest wall is causing your neck and shoulder symptoms.

I wonder if you have spoken to your surgeon about this. If not then do let them know. Perhaps you have a breast care nurse you can talk to. In the meantime it might help to have some simple pain relief.

Do call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

Best wishes

Jane

Breast Cancer Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer. This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Re: Painful neck and shoulders

Hi Serenity18

Thanks for posting your question.

We hope to be able to respond to you tomorrow.

In the meantime our Helpline is open until 4pm today if you would like to talk things through. 

If you do phone our Helpline please let us know that you have asked a question on our forum so that we know your query has been answered. Thank you

With best wishes.

Lisa

Ask Our Nurses Co-ordinator

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer .

Painful neck and shoulders

It is 7 months  since lumpectomy and 5 since radiotherapy. Surgeon has said my scar appears to be adhered to my chest wall and May have to be reopened. However for past 2 months I have suffered with headaches coming from I think very sore neck and shoulders . I am not taking any cancer meds at moment. Could my surgery be causing problems.