Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pain in breast

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Pain in breast

Hi Izzy1601

Thanks for your post.

You don’t say why you had breast surgery. As Seabreeze says, surgery can cause scars to tighten over time and this may be causing the pain.

Breast pain is very common in women of all ages. There are different types of breast pain, and these are explained in our information. Most pain is due to benign (not cancer) conditions.

However, it is important to find out what the cause is. You could contact your GP as you may need a referral to the breast clinic to be assessed.

Do call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

Please be aware that we will be closed on Monday 26 August due to the bank holiday.

Best wishes

Addie

Breast Cancer Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer. This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

Re: Pain in breast

Hi Izzy,

Surgery clearly causes scar tissue and, I'm not sure if you had radiotherapy or not but that can cause fibrosis (tightening/hardening) of the breast tissue on the zapped side.  

I'd suggest for piece of mind you contact your breast cancer care nurse and/or GP and get it checked out purely as a precautionary measure.

Hope it all goes well.

Seabreeze  

Pain in breast

Hi guys..I've been having pains in my left breast for the last few weeks..where I had surgery nearly 4yrs ago.theres no lumps or anything,just wondering any ideas??