Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCIS checkup

3 REPLIES 3

Re: DCIS checkup

Hi Dylan

Thanks for posting.

Different units may have different waiting times to allow time for the x-rays to be looked at in detail by the radiology team.  This might range from a few days to a number of weeks as jangar51 mentions. You might find it helpful to contact your breast care nurse to ask how long you might expect to wait after your appointment so you have a clearer idea.

As jangar51 says, it’s really hard waiting for results of follow up mammograms, so do call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk through your feelings or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open. 

Best wishes

Catherine

Breast Cancer Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer. This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Thank you, I only read 10 days on another post, it could be longer where I am too no doubt. Was everything ok for you? 

Hi,

Ten days wait  would be very quick here. I have not long had my results from my third annual mammogram, back at the breast clinic, and the results took just over three weeks.

It's hard waiting, when you've already had a diagnosis of cancer previously, but the nurse reassured me that all the mammograms are viewed, either the day you have them or the next, and you would be contacted "in due course".

I also found they can't give results over the phone at my hospital, which is probably the policy everywhere.

The anxiety while  waiting is something I bet we can  all empathise with!

Good luck!

DCIS checkup

I have my first annual checkup in 10 days time. I assumed I’d have the mammogram and get the results straight away. I’ve just read on a post that you have to wait around 10 days for the results. Is that correct and will I have to go back to the hospital for the results? I’m in England. Thanks in advance.