Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appointments,

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Appointments,

Hi Julie 4556

Thanks for your post.

Follow up after surgery can vary from hospital to hospital.

Some people won’t be given regular follow-up appointments, but can contact the breast clinic if they have concerns or symptoms and would like to be seen by a doctor or nurse at the hospital. This is called open access.  If you have a breast care nurse, you may want to check this with her. 

I wonder if the lack of regular appointments may be making you feel anxious about detecting a possible recurrence.  If this is the case, Breast Cancer Care have a range of supportive services which may be of interest to you.

Do call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

Best wishes

Heidi

Breast Cancer Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer. This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

Re: Appointments,

Hi Julie456

Thanks for posting your question.

We hope to be able to respond to you on Monday.

In the meantime our Helpline is open from 9am to 1pm on Saturday and from 9am on Monday, if you would like to talk things through. 

If you do phone our Helpline please let us know that you have asked a question on our forum so that we know your query has been answered. Thank you

With best wishes.

Lisa

Ask Our Nurses Co-ordinator

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer .

Appointments,

Hi , I had ny surgery (Lumpectomy) on 12th April 2016 I feelthat I have not had as much contact as I should of have with my consultant or Breast care Nurse. I have not seen anyone for over 1 year (had mammogram last July 2017 but have not had any appointments to see anyone for quite a while, is this normal.