cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else experiencing boobie brain (similar to baby brain) after surgery etc.?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Anyone else experiencing boobie brain (similar to baby brain) after surgery etc.?

Hi LynR

Thanks for posting.

When going through treatment it’s not unusual to feel a bit forgetful or not as mentally sharp as before.

As Optimssy says the diagnosis, constant appointments, emotions and an anaesthetic can all impact on normal thinking and remembering etc.

It’s difficult to offer a time frame as to how long it may last but most women find it improves gradually over time.

You may be interested in the range of free services we offer where you can connect with other women and share experiences.

Do call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our new opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Jane

Breast Cancer Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer.  This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread

Re: Anyone else experiencing boobie brain (similar to baby brain) after surgery etc.?

Thank you for your reply I was beginning to think I was losing it. My op was st the end of February and result was all positive so very relieved. Just still recovering I suppose. We all think we will bounce back in a flash and suddenly reality is it takes a bit longer. Thank you for the confirmation it helps.
Community Champion

Hy LynR

Yes, I think this is fairly common - i certainly had it after diagnosis, through my WLE surgery and rads and for some time afterwards. I think it is because after diagnosis there is so much info to take in, as well as having had the shock of diagnosis and the merry-go- round of appointments and an anaesthetic, that it all gets a bit much for the brain and the emotions, to handle. I didn't have chemo either (chemo brain is a known phenomenon) but at one point I was so concerned I did an on-line dementia test (I was 65 at the time) which showed I was OK in that department. 

Over a year on and I am still a bit fuddled on occasion  but I put that down to getting older and being retired so I don't need to be as mentally sharp as I once did. If your WLE was recent I'm not surprised you are experiencing this. It will pass. Best wishes for your ongoing recovery. xxx

Anyone else experiencing boobie brain (similar to baby brain) after surgery etc.?

Recently had wgwle and since have had difficulty retaining information or remembering things. Similar to baby brain has anyone else experienced this and any idea how long it might last