Reply to this thread

Re: scottishlass

RIP ScottishLass. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family xxxx

Another one with reason for gratitude for Val's kind postings at various stages along the way. My deep sympathy to her family.
Highlighted

So very sorry to hear about Val. She loved by many. So universally liked, we spent many hours in chit chat when I was dx. Rest in peace. Dxx

I was very sad to read of Val's death. I did not know her, and have not even "spoken" with her online myself, but I have read many of her posts. Her compassion and desire to ease the worry and suffering of others shone through in what she wrote. In the dark weeks and months following diagnosis, I collected some of the most inspiring posts from this site together onto one sheet of paper, one of them being a post of Val's. I still carry that sheet of paper with me all the time. I just wanted to let her family know that she helped me enormously, even though she didn't know me at all, and I'm sure there are many more women like me. May your soul rest in peace Val x.

Remembering a very special lady, always helping others. A true inspiration to anyone with Breast Cancer. Sadly missed by her Edinburgh BC buddies. RIP Val xxx

I'm so very sorry to read about Val.  I send my condolences to her lovely family and I'm sure they know what a extraordinarily inspiration person she was to so many people with breast cancer, me included.  Claire

To our very own Val, a lady who will be truly missed by everyone. One very special
Lady who helped so many on this awful journey with love, support, compassion, humour and empathy.
We'll be lighting a candle for Val tonight on our live chat. You really were a beacon of hope and a bright shining star. Fly free and high, thinking of all you butterfly girls.
My sincere condolences to Val's lovely husband, her two daughters, dad and her family and friends.
Much love
Chris xxxx

Such  sad news RIP Val. Another taken too soon. Sincerest condolences to all her friends and family how lucky  you were to know such a fabulous lady  xxx

I'm another who felt Val's care and kindness through this website. Newly diagnosed three years ago, she gave me hope that there might be tomorrows. Now, I realise that her greatest gift was not that she was able to hang in there for so many years, but that she showed me the importance of living each day as it comes as fully as possible. I hope her family and friends know how important she has been to so very many women on this site and beyond, and how much she will be missed.

I've been asked to pass on the following details by Val's family, for those who don't know her on FB:

..........."The funeral details are as follows:

12pm Friday the 2nd of May,
Warriston Crematorium,
Edinburgh,
EH7 4HW

Afterwards we will be meeting at 1pm at,
Ellersly House Hotel,
4 Ellersly Road,
Edinburgh,
EH12 6HZ

Everyone is welcome xxx................"

So sad to hear this news. Val was an inspiration to us all. She was one of the stalwarts of this site and helped so many of us in our early, terrified days, giving us the hope and strength to continue on our journey. RIP Val, you will be greatly missed, my condolences to your family and friends.

Val's passing is truly like losing our Mum. She held so many people's hands, including mine, through this site, giving us inspiration and hope. She always gave encouragement with love and friendship. Her family should be very proud of her. Rest in peace Val, you will be missed very much xxx

When I was first diagnosed I read the bone mets thread from start to finish. The support Val gave everyone was amazing and I took great comfort from her words. Love to her family, rest in peace Val xx

I am so sad about this.  RIP Val

Such sad news, Val was such a great help to so many of us here, RIP.
Smartie x

This is so sad, Val will be missed immensly such a wonderful caring lady although most of us were never fortunate enough to meet this amazing lady her care shone through her posts, rest in peace Val you will be sorely missed

xxx

This site will never be the same without you Val; you gave us hope, you helped us make sense of this awful disease, you made us laugh with your gormeless shopping. I am sorry I never get to meet you in the flesh. Those cyber discussions will always stay with me. 

You are free of pain, rest in peace lovely ladies. 

xxx

[ Edited ]

So sorry to hear that Val has passed away. She gave me a lot of hope when I was diagnosed with secondaries and supported so many of us over the years.Thinking of her family and friends.

RIP Val.

Tournesol x

[ Edited ]

So very sad to hear this news. Val was an inspiration to so many people. A brave, witty, kind, courageous and thoughtful lady who freely gave her knowledge and advice, she will be sorely missed by all who knew her. Sincere condolences to her family and friends who I know must be devestated to lose such a wonderful person. Val, you truly were the best of us. Rest in Peace. You will never be forgotten. Emma x

ScottishLass was a friend to everyone on this site - to newly diagnosed and petrified primary ladies and to those travelling with secondaries.  Always gentle, encouraging and caring, she was, and is, a true inspiration.

Rest peacefully Val, your journey is now complete.

Condolences to your family and friends