cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oophorectomy

3 REPLIES 3

Re: oophorectomy

Hi Maxr1974
I can't give you any tips but I just wanted to send you my support! My oncologist has just told me to try for another year of zoladex and when I asked about oophorectomy she said it was my choice so I admire you for deciding! I haven't looked into options too much yet but she said it was a simple procedure. Afraid we didn't discuss timescales. Hope it all goes ok xxx

Hi Maxr, I hear you on the carpal tunnel!
I waited four months for ooph op after referral.
It went well, keyhole surgery, home same day. Recovery good, took about a week, but I can't exactly remember as it was Feb 2014. I feel fine now despite instant menopause!
Best of luck my friend Smiley Happy
x x
Community Manager

Hi mazr1974

Sorry that you havent had a response to your post yet, I am sure tht someone will be along soon to share their experience with you.  There are some other threads on the forum which talk about oopherectomies, if you use the search box at the top right hand of the page and search the forum with oopherectomy a number of links come up, some of which you may find helpful.  In the meantime though, please do call our Helpine who will be able to answer any questions you have and talk through any worries or concerns.  0808 800 6000 Monday - Friday 9-5 and Saturday 10-2.

Best wishes
Anna
Digital Community Officer

Highlighted

oophorectomy

Hi all, I have been having a hard time with first tamoxifen then anasrazol. both have given me very bad joints and lots of other side effects including Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. I also had an Endometrial Ablation last year to deal with the really heavy bleeding from tamoxifen. 

I have now decided that I have had enough of pills and injections. got very emotional at oncology today.

I have decided that mybest choice is to have an oophorectomy. I am 41 (37 when dx ER + HER +)

What I would like t know is how long did it take to ave the op after being referred.

Also how did you get on?

Any advice is gratefully recieved.

Thanks. x