cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lymph nodes are clear

11 REPLIES 11

Re: lymph nodes are clear

Saffron that's a lovely reply, and I hope you don't mind but you have inspired me to change my life for the better too.
I have already made a massive change to my diet, cut out alcohol, in fact I am doing the dryathlon for cancer in September, so far I have raised £170. I eat more fruit and veg, I'm not out and about yet because still recovering the operation, in fact my partner and I are both recovering from ops, he was admitted as an emergency, small bowel obstruction, he had major surgery Monday I had my op the following Thursday. It has been a trying time, I think he will retire now he will be 60 in January, I have a good job and could retire but I'm not sure yet I am 55.
But yes I definitely need to stop worrying the small stuff, I have been thinking of relaxation therapies. I have spa days and beauty sessions booked with my daughter just need to know treatment plan before we go ahead And book, but you have given really good advice.
I do try to look at this time as a chance to take stock and plan my future without BC.
Thank you for your well wishes, and I hope you see many more springs. X

hi carmia   I think the answer to your question is Yes - I have changed my life significantly (for the better I may add)  firstly I gave up work after treatment (I decided that I wanted to spend whatever time I had left doing things I wanted to do) and was lucky in that I got an early retirement package.  That has opened up the doors for me to take up new interests and hobbies.   I go to the gym three times a week and very fit now and also joined a walking club so walk once a month too.   My diet has changed too I eat more healthier and whilst not into any 'fad' diets I drink a lot less alchohol and I eat more healthier food - lots more fruit and vegetables and now I am not working I have time to look around for nice things to cook and try and nice recipes.  On a day to day basis I worry much less about silly things and don't get upset or stressed by anything I just chill and if it happens it happens... I am so much happier in myself.  And yes I see more of my family and make more of an effort than I used to.  i notice the leaves on the trees and the wind blowing through the grass and the birds singing - again the little things in life that are pleasant but perhaps I used to take for granted before.   We have moved house (something we always talked about but never got round to)  and in my new non working life I have made many new firends.  I do voluntary work which is great and I really enjoy that part of my life too.   It is a long road you are  right and when I was diagnosed I convinced myself that I would not see the following spring - well I have and I have seen 5 springs since so all is good.    Yes it a good thing to re evaluate your outlook on life and whilst breast cancer is the pits it surely made me do that and for that I am very grateful  xx Very best wishes for your treatment those dark times will pass I promise x

Hi Blondie
Thank you I am so pleased and relieved, it seems ages waiting for your results.
Hope you are ok,.
Carmia xxx

Hi Jo

Good to hear you are well, and thank you for your well wishes. Yes I already feel much better like a load is off my shoulders, I slept well for the first time last night.

Thank you for your support over the last week or so.

As I and many have said this forum is a wonderful place to come, it has become my little comfort blanket.

Have a good day

Carmia xx

Good Morning Saffron,
Thank you for your kind words, 2 days ago I was scared, imagining all sorts of things, knowing I had the kind of cancer that had the ability to grow and spread quicker than other cancers was so scary, I imagined all sorts of things, then someone on this forum said "not to worry, it doesn't grow/spread that quickly" that relieved my concerns a little. Then I commented on someone else considering they were lucky, and it occurred to me that in all my days I would never think to say cancer and lucky in the same sentence, which was something a lovely lady on here said. Isn't it strange how having a diagnosis of breast cancer can change your outlook so quickly?
I am so pleased you are well and healthy and I look forward to the day when I can say the same, although right now other than a little sore from the recent wide local excision and sentinel lymph node biopsy, I feel bloody wonderful.
Thank you for your well wishes, this forum has helped me through some pretty dark times.
Has the last five years changed your outlook at all? I am looking at my lifestyle in great depth and can feel myself changing in many ways, for instance I keep in touch with my family much more and I laugh a little more and sing to songs, I kiss my man more and squeeze my little grand daughter a little tighter. I know I have a road to travel with chemo and radiotherapy, but at the moment I feel ok about things.
Much love
Carmia x

Great news Carmia! you must feel a huge relief.. I know I did! hope you're celebrating! sending love Lorna x

Lymph nodes clear is great news Carmia. Sending hugs xxx

Community Champion

Im really Well thanks Carmia, you will feel much more able to cope with your treatment plan now you know exactly what's happening and that you have no spread, I'm thrilled for you! Xx 

Highlighted

I am so glad to hear that you lymph nodes are clear I know it must be a relief to you knowing it hasn't spread to the lymph nodes and good luck with your further treatment at least you now know what you are up against.  I was one of the 'unlucky' ones where it had spread significantly to my nodes but after fantastic treatment I am now five years down the line and very well and healthy so even lymph node spread isn't as bad as it sometimes sounds.  x

I know Jo, I know, I cry then smile then want to hug everyone, shout it from the roof tops. I also can now consider myself lucky, so onwards and upwards, chemo it is, chemo it will be.

How are you?

xx

Community Champion

Woohoo Carmia thats fab news!! See what did i tell you 😉

lymph nodes are clear

Have to share this, just had the call that my lymph nodes are clear, will need chemo, herceptin and tamoxifen, I dont know if I will also need radiotherapy? I am HER2 positive and oestrogen receptor positive, but the lymph glands are clear. Fantastic news. xx