cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoladex and Exemestane

Re: Zoladex and Exemestane

Hi, of course I am 53 but pre menopausal however I had a stroke 3 years ago which ruled tamoxifen out. I was borderline for chemo but because of the stroke and only a 2.5% increase in my survivability the onc ruled it out. Am happy with this but am having 15 sessions of radiotherapy hopefully starting on 23rd March, have Ben delayed due a haemotoma and a burst wound!!!! How are things for you? X

Hi Chez666, thank you for taking the time to reply. I don't want to tempt fate either but I am pretty happy so far...... That's interesting that they said a year,  I am hoping for the same thing. My first injection was painless but yesterday's hurt!  Let's see how we go over the next months.  Can I ask how old you are and if you had the chemo?  

Hi, I am on thjs combination but a newby. Had my first injection a month ago, it did not hurt!! Started tablets a week ago and I don't want to tempt fate as it is very early days but so far okay. I asked for them to remove my ovaries as I did not want to be on a whole batch of drugs, but they won't consider it until things have settled post op and radiotherapy and oncologist indicated it might be up to a year before they did. I hope all goes well for you and will read the other posts with interest, thanks for starting it 👍

Zoladex and Exemestane

Hi ladies, 

I have just been switched from Tamoxifen to  monthly Zoladex and Exemestane with a view to removing my ovaries in a few months.... I am looking for other people's experiences of this combination,  side effects,  length of time, before they settle, etc. Can any ladies let me know how they find  this treatment?  I have had a mastectomy, FEC-T and Herceptin which I was unable to finish due to my ejection fraction falling. Many thanks in advance. :-)