325042posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The forum is lonely.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: The forum is lonely.

Point made really. Very sad. I have noticed how many new posts in various sections have had no replys.

yes Lucky Lass I so agree with you. The forum is not nearly so user friendly as it was when i started on here five years ago. Goodness knows what its all cost ; ( I'm sure the money could have been better spent elsewhere

If there are few/no complaints, BCC will believe everyone has got used to the new forum setup and everyone is OK with it now.

The forum as it stands is not doing it's job very well at all. How many people are giving up on it? Could BCC tell us how many register, post once and disappear? Stressed people looking for support will be even less tolerant of having to ferret around to find what they want, than Josephine public in general.

This forum needs to be much, much easier to navigate. It would surely be easier to maintain if it was less complicated. More effective, less expense/staff time/IT support costs.

I am going to see if there is another, better forum for BC support, but I shall stick around to see if longer-term users are prepared to stir it up a bit.

LuckyLass, the Feedback section has been really quiet for ages now. Yours was the first new post for a long time.

Maybe people have given up because it seems that even though BCC occasionally assures us that our comments are being taken on board, nothing much ever seems to happen to address problems or improve the situation.

Allyp, as a relative newbie here (but not to forums) I could not comment on how it used to be here, but I have made a long post elsewhere* about what I see are the problems. It is busy, in places, but finding them takes too many clicks, and people either stick to one or two threads or give up altogether. It means people are (for example) talking about recovering from surgery in the 'Diagnosed' section, while the Board about recovering from surgery doesn't have as many posts as it might. Other threads have a similar problem.

*In 'Forum site feedback' in the Welcome to the forum section - it took umpteen clicks to rediscover it and get back here!

Hello AllyP

I have passed your original comments on to the appropriate department for them to reply as they have more details about the amount of users than the moderators have.

Our forums are not moderated 24 hrs and therefore replies may be delayed.

We do have our support helpline if you would like to talk any medical issues through with them. The number is 0808 800 6000 and lines open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturday.

With best wishes

June, moderator

Community Manager

Hi Allyp

Sorry that you are finding the forum lonely.  There are many posts all the time, perhaps you are not looking in the right place?  Is there a particular part of the forum you were looking to participate in?  If you were hoping to support newbies then the just diagnosed section would be ideal for that.  Our monthly chemo threads are as ever very busy, but I imagine and hope that no longer applies to you.

I am sorry that you feel the forum is now rubbish, sometimes change is not easy to adjust to.  Everyones opinion is important to us, what may be helpful is if you have any specific feedback to share?  Please email moderator@breastcancercare.org.uk your thoughts, along with all feedback, will definately be listened to.

Best wishes

Anna

Forum Coordinator

That just shows it. On other forums I would have had an answer in minutes
. Sorry BCC. Your forum is hardly used. Shame the money is wasted.

The forum is lonely.

I joined this forum in February 2011. The posts are so few and far between now. Can go days or weeks without new posters. Very sad. It's so rubbish now. Most of the oldies have left for better and more vibrant forums. Sorry for the newbies xx