Reply to this thread

Re: Swapping to Exmestane.

Well that's interesting Ramade, as thinking about it my stomach is no longer upset. I'm glad exmestane works the other way!!
I see my GP tomorrow. My OH very nervously told me yesterday "your mood is better"!! Xx

Thank you ladies for your experiences it is very helpful.
I would like to wish everybody a Happy Holiday weekend.
xx

Hi happyboobs, have just seen your post. I was on letrozole for 5 years then it stopped working.Swapped to exemestane 2-3 weeks ago. The extreme fatigue which I suffered when I was on letrozole went within a few days, however with exemestane I am suffering constipation, will try to get some advice on this. Hope this helps.

Ramade xx

Thank you. Well, two weeks on from stopping Anastrazole, and despite ongoing worries about tests, I'm feeling so much more energised and have stopped preparing my joints mentally every time I get out of a chair! I see my GP on Thursday and will check when I'm starting Exmestane. Hugs xx
Highlighted

i started on them the next day of  seeing  my oncologist   i hope  you find  that  the swap is  the  right  one for  you , treatment can be awful because of the side effects  but  i i say to my self  i can do this , stay  strong and positive   janey x

i started on them the next day of  seeing  my oncologist   xx  hope  you find  that  the swap is  the  right  one for  you , treatment can be awful because of the side effects  but  i  i say to my self  i can do this , stay  strong n positive   janey x

That's good to know about the positive difference - and for my other half too! How long did you have to wait between stopping one and starting the other? Xx

hi happyboobs  i  have  swapped over to exemestane from letrozsole  for the same  reasons  i feel a  lot better  on them  then i did  with letrozole i was  feeling the same as you  , and  for ever dropping of to sleep even  after just  being up for  30 minutes  ,  but  i do still get  jiont pain  n hotflushes  but  i feel a lot  l alert and  not  like a zombie  my moods swings are also not so bad  thank god  i can hear my hubby saying . haha blesss him he is  my  rock  i hope you find that exemestane  is  better for you also good luck  pink sister x

So far so good, with much improved mobility after just one week off Anastrazole. I start Exmestane at the end of the month, so hoping there will be an improvement! Xx
Community Champion

Hello happyboobs
I'm still on letrozole but a couple of our ladies on secondary Mets threads have switched and found the exemestance a lot easier to tolerate ..one lady says in two weeks since the switch ..she feels like her normal age rather than a 90 year old.
Hope this helps ..hopefully you will get some more positive replies !!
Xxx

Hi, I am would also be very interested to hear about other ladies experiences on this subject re switching from Letrozole to exemestane as I would like to try to improve my quality of life and energy levels.

My 'get up and go' has gone! I have lost motivation for things.

I don't think I am depressed as I am sleeping quite well ( bit concerned about that changing on exemestane) and eating ok.

Best wishes to all.

xx

Hi Janey2,

Sorry to see you haven't received a response yet. You might find it helpful to post on our Ask the Nurse board where our clinical team will be able to advise you on switching medication.

Best wishes,

Bonita

Swapping to Exmestane.

Hi. Just wondering if swapping from anastrazole to exmestane will help my poor joints recover. Has anyone done this and how did you get on?