322458posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preston

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Preston

And to you. Hope the machines are working on time for the next few weeks.

I'm very impressed with the free tea/coffee.....I didn't get that in Southampton. Also the toast which is great when you have to leave home at 7 to get there on time.

Glad the treatments are going ok  for your husband. Sending out all good wishes to him and to you.

Anna x

Hi and thanks to both of you for your replies.

This time it is my husband having the radiotherapy, 10 sessions for lung cancer, and one stereotactic for a brain met. He has had the brain one with no apparent side effects, and 5 to the chest so far (including one at 8.45 on the 8th when they were already 15 mins late). He has 5 more sessions to go, every day next week.

The unit told him not to use Aloe. Vera just E45. He hasn't had any skin problems so far. I had 15 sessions two and a half years ago, with just a little skin breakdown under the breast in the last week.

We have a journey just over 100 miles, about an hour and 15 mins if the traffic is clear, from the central. Lakes.

Hello lakeslover

I'm also at Preston, had 1st treatment on the 8th August.  Initial appointment running horrendously late due to machine break down twice that day. First treatment was bang on time but machine broken down, luckily engineer got it going with 20 mins. 

What's your journey like? It's 120 mile round trip for me. Start the 5 day schedule on Monday.

Hope your treatment is going well with no burns etc

hi Lakeslover

I had rads at preston and they were very good if anything they got you in early if possible Sometimes a machine is out of action but it usually fixed within minutes I asked about aloe vera they have no priblems with people using it they just advised it was expensive.I found the staff really caring and friendly regards Gill

Preston

Anyone out there had or having radiotherapy in Preston? If so do they tend to run on time, or are their sessions usually late?

Does anyone know if Preston allow Aloe. Vera gel to be used during rads?